Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2015, 01:16 PM

2,526 posts, read 1,594,864 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyguylh View Post
That's the problem, convenience isn't given enough respect. You're expected to take everything up the tailpipe. I don't argue that sometimes they only do what they can, but other times it seems as if they just don't care. At such times, one is pushed into looking out for one's self.

It's no more evil than actively and deliberately harassing someone on a technicality and using the law to rob them of their money.
LOL …

A mature adult "looking out for one's self" needs to just "man up" -- and shut up -- and either obey the law or pay the fines … Period.

OTOH, if some impatient jerk, however, feeling "pushed into looking out for one's self" speeds through a school zone, and runs over an innocent child, Mr./Ms "Looking Out for Self" may well be beaten to a bloody pulp by some angry parents …

(And of course, God forbid that any cops lurking nearby would intervene in the administration of citizens' justice … !!!)

But, hey, that's better than being five minutes late for an appointment, I guess, eh … ???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2015, 01:30 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,642,029 times
How shocking it happened in Floriduh.

Old 09-15-2015, 02:18 PM

2,269 posts, read 3,801,854 times
That cop is an example for the ones that lose their cool over minor things. Need more like him. I bet the cop that slammed James Blake wouldn't have been so nice.

Old 09-15-2015, 02:29 PM

2,269 posts, read 3,801,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet View Post
I never understood why cars are supposed to slow down when the kids are supposed to be on SIDEWALKS, not in the road & cross at CROSSWALKS, not any random place.

I get it, driving at 25 mph or less greatly increases survivability in the event of a pedestrian collision, but why would that collision happen?! Sheesh! Just weird to me.
Because kids will do dumb things like suddenly run out in the street without looking.

In my state, for going that far over the limit in a school zone, her license would have been suspended, and her car towed. If she had been going 27-28 mph, and got a ticket, I could see her being pissed. At 51mph. she just doesn't give a damn, so why should the law give a damn about her?

Old 09-15-2015, 02:35 PM

325 posts, read 337,046 times
Stupid idiot driver, has a disregard for the safety of kids. And to talk to a cop like that?

BTW if this was in VA, she would have been charged with reckless driving and be required to be in court. She needs to have her license suspended.

Old 09-15-2015, 02:41 PM

78,417 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Here you go Kaabooom, a role model for you to cheer with about "fighting the power".

Student Struck, Killed Near North Miami Senior High School: Police | NBC 6 South Florida

Old 09-15-2015, 02:49 PM

26,191 posts, read 21,591,383 times
31 mph over the speed limit and some people are made at an unmarked car or anything other that the operator of the vehicle going 51 in a 20 mph zone?

Old 09-15-2015, 02:53 PM

5,860 posts, read 3,299,469 times
She got to say what she wanted. In the end she will be the one getting screwed. She deserves everything she will get from this car stop.

Old 09-15-2015, 03:28 PM

2,526 posts, read 1,594,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herodotus View Post
Because kids will do dumb things like suddenly run out in the street without looking.

In my state, for going that far over the limit in a school zone, her license would have been suspended, and her car towed. If she had been going 27-28 mph, and got a ticket, I could see her being pissed. At 51mph. she just doesn't give a damn, so why should the law give a damn about her?

Old 09-15-2015, 03:36 PM

3,499 posts, read 2,664,329 times
I drive through two or three school zones every day and have never seen a child ever, but I see cops giving out tickets. The woman is an idiot for speeding and even more of an idiot for voicing her opinion openly.

I would consider my city driving style as non aggressive and somewhat defensive. But even I occasionally wish some drivers to crash and burn and that has included cops. However, in my mind only. If you have not, you are a much better person than I am and bless your hart.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events