Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2015, 07:48 PM

2,526 posts, read 1,594,864 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
I sure wish Officer McNevin from a few towns over had stopped her!

He was driving an unmarked Cobra Mustang (bright yellow) and pulled a young lady over for speeding, cracked windshield and a taillight infraction........it didn't go well for her!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Na_dFGK3th8
Yes … As the arresting officer said it … That lady has an attitude problem ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2015, 07:52 PM

17,581 posts, read 13,362,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
I sure wish Officer McNevin from a few towns over had stopped her!

He was driving an unmarked Cobra Mustang (bright yellow) and pulled a young lady over for speeding, cracked windshield and a taillight infraction........it didn't go well for her!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Na_dFGK3th8
Now, that's the way to get it done!!! See what lack of common respect gets you?

Old 09-14-2015, 08:22 PM

5,860 posts, read 3,299,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
in your world it is a big fine, in mine my attorney crushes your ticket EVERY SINGLE TIME...

and there is not a damn thing you or any of your buddy cops can do about it.
Well I used to beat attorneys every time. Unfortunately I am now retired so I cant meet your great attorneys. However when I was still a PO all my traffic court was on OT. Even if I lost I always won!!!! Also you can beat a million tickets and trust me I wouldn't lose a seconds sleep over it!!! Enjoy!!

Old 09-14-2015, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
Well I used to beat attorneys every time. Unfortunately I am now retired so I cant meet your great attorneys. However when I was still a PO all my traffic court was on OT. Even if I lost I always won!!!! Also you can beat a million tickets and trust me I wouldn't lose a seconds sleep over it!!! Enjoy!!
For some people, going against "the law" is a game …

I know a young man who has been in and out of the slammer off and on for half of his life …
As a young teenager he used to enjoy shoplifting not just to get some free stuff, but mostly he enjoyed the thrill/suspense of trying to beat the system …

It's typical of a psychopathic/sociopathic personality, i.e., "psychopathic deviance - sensation seeking" … That personality also features impulsiveness and lack of empathy ...

Old 09-14-2015, 09:11 PM

1,716 posts, read 2,035,896 times
Well she has a point....most are *******s. The public is just finally tired of the abuse, the lying and the attitude.

Old 09-14-2015, 09:20 PM

5,860 posts, read 3,299,469 times
I had an incident one night. Me and my partner were in a unmarked vehicle. I watch a guy blow 4 red lights in a row. I pull him over and he laughs in our face. He and his buddies thought the incident was really funny. He also had a vehicle that was uninspected..no registration,,,no plates and uninsured. Anyway I come back to his vehicle with 9 tickets. That wiped the smile off his face. He has his attorney show up at court. He himself doesn't have the guts to show up. So I proceed to testify on 8 tickets. They wanted to wait on the no insurance ticket. When all the testimony was completed the judge told the attorney to sit down. He then issued a 3k fine. It was also revealed that this motorist had a whole bunch of points on his license. So the judge revoked that as well. So I guess it wasn't so funny anymore!!!

Old 09-14-2015, 09:22 PM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,900,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sputnam409 View Post
you must be the lovely lady in the video.

Did the cop not even give her a ticket? BTW - saying MOST people don't like the police is just stupid.
Yep

The only people I ever hear say they hate cops are on TV this forum or in prison. I have never heard any of the people I associate with say they hate cops I can't relate to his statement at all sounds more like he has an ax to grind.

Old 09-14-2015, 09:24 PM

23,223 posts, read 29,051,044 times
The defensiveness of the police officer would also have included her driving a mere 5 miles over the speed limit! The same arguments would have prevailed!

Old 09-14-2015, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
The defensiveness of the police officer would also have included her driving a mere 5 miles over the speed limit! The same arguments would have prevailed!
She was clocked at 51mph in a 35 zone …

Old 09-14-2015, 09:47 PM

20,958 posts, read 45,410,702 times
There's a certain personality type that never quite gets over adolescent rebellion - they never grow up and apparently Mom spoiled the heck out of them. They are generally the ones who have an axe to grind against cops, against speed limits, against anything other than what they want to do when they want to do it. You see a lot of that kind of Peter Pan attitude in speed limit discussions on this forum and in the cops are all bad discussions. They don't realize what they're putting out there for all the world to see and that it's so obvious they might as well have flashing lights on it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events