Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2015, 05:47 AM

143 posts, read 96,324 times

Advertisements

Cops are like children. When they're told they have to follow rules like everyone else they cry and whine about it just like children do. For some reason they feel they deserve special privileges. I love seeing this cop being told he's just like any other person and badges don't grant special privileges.

Starbucks Denies a Police Officer the Use of Its Restroom and the Reason Why is Causing Quite a Stir
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2015, 07:58 AM

12,858 posts, read 16,885,696 times
OH NOES! He posted something on Facebook! The fiend. He should be fired, and not only fired, but run out of town. Worse, he should be convicted on social media. Yes because of this one individual, ALL COPS ARE BAD! Bad I say!

Oh the outrage. The moral indignation. Better yet, SO WHAT?

Old 09-20-2015, 08:20 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,030,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CR_2 View Post
Cops are like children. When they're told they have to follow rules like everyone else they cry and whine about it just like children do. For some reason they feel they deserve special privileges. I love seeing this cop being told he's just like any other person and badges don't grant special privileges.

Starbucks Denies a Police Officer the Use of Its Restroom and the Reason Why is Causing Quite a Stir
Actually the badge does grant you many special privileges like parking your patrol car on the street in front of your house or anywhere else for that matter when it's not allowed for any other resident, getting on most any public conveyance while carrying a gun, going into any venue where guns are banned like stadiums,bars,banks etc. and I believe planes as well.

As a former business owner I think it is VERY poor form and a serious lack of respect to deny a LEO use of a bathroom. Maybe he had blood or other yuck on his hands that needed to be washed off ASAP, maybe he was ill and had the "midnight two step" or just really had to pee.

I congratulate him for asking, most regular people wouldn't have (I don't). It's not like he was asking for a free latte from this little snot.

I'd bet Starbucks Corp will have something to say about this rather quickly though. What they say (given their rather liberal view of things) will be telling...

Old 09-20-2015, 08:22 AM

29,525 posts, read 22,688,988 times
The officer's post isn't there anymore based on the link, but apparently he tried to insult the particular lady behind the counter by labeling her a liberal, as if that's some supreme insult (yuck yuck).

What does politics have anything to do with it? There are many liberals that DO admire the police. So minus one for this cop.

And perhaps the lady was only following store policy. How many business owners on here would want some random joe or jane asking to use their bathroom without buying anything? I've seen quite a few signs posted stating only paying customers can use the bathrooms. What's wrong with that?

Oh, I get it, because he's a police officer he should have been catered to. Just like someone that would have been in a military uniform.

Personally if I was a business owner I'd make exceptions in some cases like these, but would people grow up with their facebook shaming nonsense already?

Old 09-20-2015, 08:24 AM

20,127 posts, read 16,176,784 times
The comments on your own link are about 99% against the barista, with good reason. Cops patrolling aren't in an office with a bathroom, do you really want them to have to drive back to the station every time they need to use the restroom? That would be a waste of taxpayer resources, including the taxes paid by Starbucks. You would also think a business would like cops coming in on random visits occasionally anyway. The barista was an idiot and wrong. I bet Starbucks and all but a limited number of people agree with me.

Find a different story for your daily "Cops are Evil" thread. This one isn't going to work.

Old 09-20-2015, 08:30 AM

5,862 posts, read 3,302,993 times
That Starbucks is entitled to not allow him use of the bathroom. The officer is entitled to rant about it as well. Personally I hope it hurts their business. During the World Economic Forum they had cops posted outside all the Starbucks to prevent them from getting their windows smashed. They loved the cops then lol!!

Old 09-20-2015, 08:51 AM

1,364 posts, read 1,930,054 times
While I'm sure it's not a case of racism, it happened in philly and the officer was white and was the barista black?

Old 09-20-2015, 08:53 AM

557 posts, read 737,570 times
The lady who denied him is a black racist

Old 09-20-2015, 08:59 AM

12,713 posts, read 15,550,306 times
I agree with the officer in this story.

Old 09-20-2015, 09:05 AM

5,862 posts, read 3,302,993 times
The funny thing is that this Starbucks has called the police a number of times for assistance. Not smart for this place to refuse the PO the use of a bathroom. I guess next time they are getting robbed the responding cops will obey all traffic rules and regulations. It might take an extra 10 minutes to get there. Oh well!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events