Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2015, 06:22 PM

5,860 posts, read 3,299,469 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jburress View Post
So this officer is lying?
100% there are quotas. Yes there is a quota bill. Still then they call it a goal. Don't hit the quota goal or whatever watch what happens to you. There are quotas on summonses and arrests. That's a FACT!! Don't blame the cops. Blame the suck azz bosses that shove it down their throats at every chance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2015, 09:57 AM

9,837 posts, read 4,638,052 times
it strikes me that a number of people responding on this thread don't seem to understand the huge damage a single arrest can cause to a persons whole life.

Our prison system is extremely dangerous, men are raped , beaten and abused just while awaiting trial. Why on earth should any human being be treated like that for a minor infraction of the law , when we know damn well that if he was white he would not be searched and if searched would not end up in jail for a pocket knife.

Americans appear to support this ongoing inhumanity to our fellow citizens. Our prisons are overflowing with people who are no better or worse than our kids, but instead of a stern warning they get locked up beaten up and repeatedly raped..

I am not saying bad guys should walk free, I am saying we need to improve our prisons and reserve them for actual criminals and stop destroying lives over non violent minor crimes.

Old 09-23-2015, 09:59 AM

9,837 posts, read 4,638,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
We have no quotas,, they are against the law... however.. if youre a traffic car and you cannot write one ticket in 8 hours you will soon be on inmate trash patrol watching flowers grow

Motivating ..hunh
so you are saying that cops DO in fact have quotas, but they are "unwritten" rules, so magically ok...

Old 09-23-2015, 02:20 PM

5,860 posts, read 3,299,469 times
http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...0600?cid=bitly

Old 09-23-2015, 02:23 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
not so they laugh and high five after giving tickets to any jerk regardless of race religion gender or creed.

Old 09-23-2015, 05:33 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,933,771 times
Uh oh, the cops are being 'disrespected' again! Bad citizens. Bad!

Old 09-23-2015, 08:07 PM

3,744 posts, read 4,088,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
100% there are quotas. Yes there is a quota bill. Still then they call it a goal. Don't hit the quota goal or whatever watch what happens to you. There are quotas on summonses and arrests. That's a FACT!! Don't blame the cops. Blame the suck azz bosses that shove it down their throats at every chance.
Different states my brother

California law prohibits quotas... this came out of the stink raised by citizens and officers alike
That being said
We can still write as many as we want

I have always written a couple a day even as a crime car every day of my adult life

1) Because its my job to identify unsafe drivers.. easy to do seeing 5-50k cars a day
2) So some puke defense attorney cant say all I do is stop people "fishing"
3) Because effective use of it will increase safety in that area
4) So I could justify my big expensive police car to all the citizens
5) Because in my 480 minutes of a shift every minute is logged electronically and as a supervisor I would look at the logs of every other policeman on duty and query them if they were just driving around... we get paid to police not be purdy
6) Slugs can go work McDonalds

Old 09-23-2015, 08:13 PM

3,744 posts, read 4,088,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
it strikes me that a number of people responding on this thread don't seem to understand the huge damage a single arrest can cause to a persons whole life.

Our prison system is extremely dangerous, men are raped , beaten and abused just while awaiting trial. Why on earth should any human being be treated like that for a minor infraction of the law , when we know damn well that if he was white he would not be searched and if searched would not end up in jail for a pocket knife.

Americans appear to support this ongoing inhumanity to our fellow citizens. Our prisons are overflowing with people who are no better or worse than our kids, but instead of a stern warning they get locked up beaten up and repeatedly raped..

I am not saying bad guys should walk free, I am saying we need to improve our prisons and reserve them for actual criminals and stop destroying lives over non violent minor crimes.
Are you sharing personal experiences with us... or just a general concept?

Yes ..prison can be dangerous.. dangerous people locked up with dangerous people can be dangerous

We cite out all "minor infractions of the law".. pretty much sentenced inmates and felonies are jailed anymore..

I arrested people all the time for knives.. especially on school grounds.. as many people in my career have been killed with a knife as a gun....

No better or worse than whose kids?... no one I know has kids in jail...

In California we opened our doors and sent inmates back to counties.. counties didnt have the funding the state promised them so they got early releases.. hence crime has skyrocketed

Non violent minor crime... like what/// if youre a victim some things arent so minor

You dont want to be someones bubba dont be a dip****

Old 09-23-2015, 09:32 PM

2,950 posts, read 1,638,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
Different states my brother

California law prohibits quotas... this came out of the stink raised by citizens and officers alike
That being said
We can still write as many as we want

I have always written a couple a day even as a crime car every day of my adult life

1) Because its my job to identify unsafe drivers.. easy to do seeing 5-50k cars a day
2) So some puke defense attorney cant say all I do is stop people "fishing"
3) Because effective use of it will increase safety in that area
4) So I could justify my big expensive police car to all the citizens
5) Because in my 480 minutes of a shift every minute is logged electronically and as a supervisor I would look at the logs of every other policeman on duty and query them if they were just driving around... we get paid to police not be purdy
6) Slugs can go work McDonalds
Um....you either ignored or missed the point...again.

New York law also prohibits police quotas.

The other officer stated quotas still exist even though they are not legal. He even posted an article about an officer who was harassed by other officers when he was about to testify in front of a jury that his precinct used quotas.

If you want to be taken seriously, you really have to get past the idea that every police department is like the one in your little corner of the country.

Old 09-23-2015, 10:06 PM

10,137 posts, read 17,484,012 times
When you don't pay your servants a living wage you are bound to get some bad apples

$41,975 a year
New officers in the NYPD receive a starting base salary of $41,975 a year. However, their total salary amounts to $44,744 with the inclusion of holiday pay, uniform allowance and average night-shift differential. Police officers also receive compensation for any overtime they work.

How does one make it in a city that requires 100k plus a year to live...........a little graft........a little skimming.......

LA metro where I live and it cost less than NYC..........but not much starting pay for LAPD is

$57,420
LAPD Annual Salaries - January 2015. Upon entering the academy, the starting base salary for Police Officer I shall be $57,420. The officer will earn this rate until graduation from the Police Academy.

That said cops from any dept. or precinct should be held accountable for their actions.........and should be thanked for doing a stressful BS job that most would never do including me so thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events