Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2015, 03:19 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,471,721 times

Advertisements

A NJ deli in mixed race neighborhood posted a "Celebrate Your White Heritage in March - White Heritage Month" sign - and is surprised that business has dried up. There is no claim that there was a campaign against him. There is a claim that the sign originally had a KKK logo.
The free market at work!

"Yes, you guys are right, the store wasn't doing good before the sign was posted. But it was doing good enough to keep the store open . After the sign was posted I started only ringing up 23 to 40. Dollars a day . Couldn't pay march rent or utilities , then April came and I didn't have the money for April either . I barely rang enough money to purchase things to sell like eggs coffee and rolls . Then I got my eviction letter and shut off notices ,so sorry if you don't understand my situation."

"I don't think I deserve this just because I wanted to be proud of being white and be able to celebrate my heritage like everyone else does."

Deli Shutters After Sign For ‘White History Month’ | Liberaland

He has so far raised $245 on GoFundMe:
Jimbos white history sign gone bad by James Boggess - GoFundMe

It's so stupid (& his name is Jimbo Boggess) I have to check that's not a prank.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2015, 03:22 PM

110 posts, read 123,512 times
And THAT is why the free market works, if lefties would just let it.

Old 04-17-2015, 03:23 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,227,522 times
Beam me up Scotty.

Americans boy...I swear. How did such brilliant men establish a nation full of people so stupid.

Old 04-17-2015, 03:24 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,231,797 times
Yep, as I said, we can deal with things like this better than the government.

Old 04-17-2015, 03:31 PM

698 posts, read 588,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
A NJ deli in mixed race neighborhood posted a "Celebrate Your White Heritage in March - White Heritage Month" sign - and is surprised that business has dried up. There is no claim that there was a campaign against him. There is a claim that the sign originally had a KKK logo.
The free market at work!

"Yes, you guys are right, the store wasn't doing good before the sign was posted. But it was doing good enough to keep the store open . After the sign was posted I started only ringing up 23 to 40. Dollars a day . Couldn't pay march rent or utilities , then April came and I didn't have the money for April either . I barely rang enough money to purchase things to sell like eggs coffee and rolls . Then I got my eviction letter and shut off notices ,so sorry if you don't understand my situation."

"I don't think I deserve this just because I wanted to be proud of being white and be able to celebrate my heritage like everyone else does."

Deli Shutters After Sign For ‘White History Month’ | Liberaland

He has so far raised $245 on GoFundMe:
Jimbos white history sign gone bad by James Boggess - GoFundMe

It's so stupid (& his name is Jimbo Boggess) I have to check that's not a prank.

LOL, I guess white supremacy isn't as popular as he hoped. Is White Heritage Month even a real thing or just something the racists made up themselves?

Old 04-17-2015, 03:33 PM

17,629 posts, read 17,696,894 times
This is how free market works. Let the local community customers decide. Don't like the message, don't spend money there.

Old 04-17-2015, 03:34 PM

698 posts, read 588,163 times
In order for the free market to work, consumers must have the information they need to make an informed choice. If bigots don't want to serve gays, they should be forced to post a sign letting everyone know.

Old 04-17-2015, 03:46 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,648,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoks View Post
LOL, I guess white supremacy isn't as popular as he hoped. Is White Heritage Month even a real thing or just something the racists made up themselves?
He probably did this because of the pizza shop in Indiana, that took a stance against gays, got death threats, and ended up with something like a million dollars in donations.

I think these people who are doing this want out of their business, and hope there are people who will donate to them.

In the case of Indiana pizza place, which is better a) running a business 6 days a week that may or may not make a profit or b) pretend to be outraged over race or sexual orientation, shut your doors, and a million dollars comes in.

However in this case, I think it will backfire on him....LOL.

He just put the last nail in the coffin of his already failing business, and won't get the $$$$ that he thought he would.

These people are more scammers than racists.

Old 04-17-2015, 03:55 PM

7,541 posts, read 10,264,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoks View Post
In order for the free market to work, consumers must have the information they need to make an informed choice. If bigots don't want to serve gays, they should be forced to post a sign letting everyone know.

How can you determine who people "want" to serve, or not?

I'm sure that plenty of clerks keep a stiff upper lip and serve plenty of people they don't care for.

Old 04-17-2015, 04:35 PM

23,646 posts, read 12,561,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
There is a claim that the sign originally had a KKK logo.
The sign was hand made and it contained a mish-mash of upper and lower case letters. The word white was printed on the sign twice, the alleged KKK reference (that the complainer was talking about) was because the t in one of the 'white' words was not uppercase and looked like a cross.

The complainer filed a police report regarding the sign being racist. A police officer went to the deli and 'decided that the sign wasn't derogatory or racist' and left. Later, the complainer ran into the police officer inside a cafe and spoke to him about the sign. Apparently the conversation began to get out of hand and allegedly the cop made some type of comment about arresting the complainer. The complainer then filed a complaint against the cop. The complainer also said he was going to talk to his lawyer about whether the cop and the sign had violated his civil rights.

'White History Month' sign stirs up Flemington | NJ.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events