Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2015, 10:38 AM

414 posts, read 297,249 times

Advertisements

I've said it before, but not here. This pope is an odd one. He barely speaks English, and every Argentinian I know is fluent in Spanish, Portuguese, and English.

In addition, he is big on the global warming hoax, so that lumps him into the reject pile straight away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2015, 10:45 AM

35,742 posts, read 21,105,153 times
some folks just have to bash someone- so they can feel better for a little while----

Old 09-29-2015, 01:01 PM

1,169 posts, read 1,434,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
some folks just have to bash someone- so they can feel better for a little while----
This..

Old 09-29-2015, 02:17 PM

3,514 posts, read 2,673,192 times
As an atheist, I believe that the morals and values this Pope represents go beyond ones religious affiliation. All people that believe or not believe should adhere to them for the common good. I thus hold a deep respect and admiration for this Pope and person.

Old 09-29-2015, 02:25 PM

7,006 posts, read 7,000,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John7777 View Post
It's not bizarre. This is the first Jesuit Pope and the first Pope in a long time who actually has some opinions that make sense.
In other words he's another sock puppet for the Democrat party. No wonder the media's in love with him.

As I said in another thread, it was noticable at the time that the media resoundly ignored the religiously conservative traditionalist Pope Benedict. It's even more glaring when you compare their behavior toward Francis.

The way the media fawns over a relatively liberal Pope such as Francis Vs. the conservative Benedict is not mere coincidence. Pope Francis helps push the liberal/Democrat agenda.

By the way, Pope Francis said on his flight home that government officials should not be forced to perform gay weddings (see: Kim Davis). The mainstream media conveniently ignored that little tidbit (doesn't fit their agenda) and barely reported it.

Old 09-29-2015, 02:51 PM

50,902 posts, read 36,601,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
In other words he's another sock puppet for the Democrat party. No wonder the media's in love with him.

As I said in another thread, it was noticable at the time that the media resoundly ignored the religiously conservative traditionalist Pope Benedict. It's even more glaring when you compare their behavior toward Francis.

The way the media fawns over a relatively liberal Pope such as Francis Vs. the conservative Benedict is not mere coincidence. Pope Francis helps push the liberal/Democrat agenda.

By the way, Pope Francis said on his flight home that government officials should not be forced to perform gay weddings (see: Kim Davis). The mainstream media conveniently ignored that little tidbit (doesn't fit their agenda) and barely reported it.
Your arrogance is showing...this Pope is covered by worldwide media, not just in the U.S. The media covers him so much because he is so widely beloved...people love and admire the fact that he shuns wealth and luxury, that he took the bus as Archbishop of Argentina, that he hops out of his car into the crowds of fans, not the slightest bit concerned for his own safety.
No one loved Benedict like this, he had no charisma and no charm and there was nothing particularly noteworthy about him, save for his days in the Hitler Youth. John Paul II was also beloved, and he was covered just as heavily as Francis, perhaps you are just not old enough to remember.

His positions are not in line with the U.S, Democratic party, he is pro-life and anti-gay marriage. Providing for the poor and believing our role on earth is caretaker, is not, believe it or not, the exclusive domain of U.S. Democrats.

Why would the Pope be a puppet for any U.S. political party? Your paranoia is showing as well, but then again that is obvious from your header.

Last edited by ocnjgirl; 09-29-2015 at 03:17 PM..

Old 09-29-2015, 04:00 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,351,970 times
I found the outpouring of love between the pope and the people inspiring. The media was forced to confront someone with no ambition or axe to grind, and it puzzled them -- just as it has puzzled many in this thread. The kicker is that the world is filled with good people looking for a way to express themselves peacefully, and our media largely ignores them, except during events like the papal visit -- a lesson worth remembering!

Last edited by Yeledaf; 09-29-2015 at 04:35 PM..

Old 09-30-2015, 11:32 AM

7,006 posts, read 7,000,582 times
Oh dear, the LWNJ love affair with the 'progressive' Pope Francis is over.

But it's fun watching the wacky Leftists spin themselves into a frothing-at-the-mouth tizzy over his secret meeting with that horrible, evil sinner Kim Davis.

Old 09-30-2015, 11:50 AM

50,902 posts, read 36,601,145 times
Quote:

But it's fun watching the wacky Leftists spin themselves into a frothing-at-the-mouth tizzy over his secret meeting with that horrible, evil sinner Kim Davis.
I am a leftist and it doesn't bother me in the slightest. It was you guys who kept insisting he was pushing some sort of liberal agenda and that's why liberals like him. I have been saying from the first post he is not liberal but I like him for other reasons, and that hasn't changed at all. I like and admire him because of his adherence to his vow of poverty, his anti-war stance and for reaching out to so many, including washing the feet of drug addicts and female prisoners, which was unheard of before this Pope, and because he refuses to stay inside his safety bubble and interacts with and touches/kisses so many without fear or prejudice. Liberals were never under the delusion he was pro-gay or pro-choice.

Re-read this entire thread, the only posters saying he is a liberal puppet or a friend of the Dems are conservative posters.

Old 09-30-2015, 01:34 PM

1,169 posts, read 1,434,511 times
Quote:

Renault, what is it that bothers you so much that you have so many issues with the Pope? Nearly everything you have posted in this thread has been negative, even when other posters answered your questions and proved you wrong, you seem to have an issue with the fact that people like the Pope, sounds like a personal issue to me.. I for one am glad we have a Pope like Francis that brings peace, love, joy, and hope to our world.. Do you have an issue with that also?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events