Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2015, 09:55 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,981,679 times

Advertisements

My thoughts? A bunch whiners who would be better served in pulling up their big boy and big girl pants, focus on getting their education, and get the f*** over it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2015, 10:38 AM

24,621 posts, read 19,152,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bingo3000 View Post
Mizzou students feel offended and oppressed over the statue of former President Thomas Jefferson in the Show-Me-State. These members are a multicultural group of young people who think that Jefferson symbolizes white supremacy. What are your thoughts. I personally think this PC thing is getting out of hand even for me.
It's been way beyond "out of hand" for more than a decade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
a Whopping 50 signatures out of what, 21,000 students... not exactly gettin off the ground
50 Students?

Maybe there are some seats available on the next MH17 flight to Ukraine.

Old 10-15-2015, 10:41 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,707,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
a Whopping 50 signatures out of what, 21,000 students... not exactly gettin off the ground
And yet something like this is picked up by national media, many of whom don't mention it's 50 students.

Old 10-15-2015, 11:01 AM

5,166 posts, read 4,938,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman619 View Post
I think maybe these students should concentrate on the multiple Rape Cover ups by the University over the last 6-7 years then a stupid Thomas Jefferson Statue
One of many cases by the university of Missouri
You may be onto something. Maybe it's the oppressive Jefferson statue that is the rapist!

Old 10-15-2015, 11:06 AM

19,798 posts, read 9,336,681 times
After reading what -- hundreds? -- of these kinds of threads, I would not be surprised if protests and "political correctness" eventually lead to the elimination of anything remotely controversial. I am now imagining a future not too far where everyone will be living and working in gray prison-like buildings, with no art to be seen or music to be heard; and schools, except for the children of the wealthy and powerful, will be non-existent except as places to teach those skills that must still be done by human hands.

The future as portrayed in books and movies such as "Hunger Games" may not be just fiction in a couple of decades or so.

Last edited by katharsis; 10-15-2015 at 11:29 AM..

Old 10-15-2015, 11:26 AM

5,461 posts, read 3,232,773 times
Quote:
Mizzou students feel offended and oppressed over the statue of former President Thomas Jefferson in the Show-Me-State. These members are a multicultural group of young people who think that Jefferson symbolizes white supremacy. What are your thoughts. I personally think this PC thing is getting out of hand even for me.

Students demand Thomas Jefferson statue removed from university, call him 'racist rapist' - The College Fix

University students emotionally disturbed by statue of founding father

Maybe these delicate flowers, who constantly seek out new ways to be offended and oppressed, should find another place to go to school. Or better yet, leave this horribly oppressive country and seek out Utopia. Cuba comes to mind. No doubt they already own the required Che t-shirts.

Old 10-15-2015, 11:48 AM

8,518 posts, read 3,752,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
Who knows how far it could go. Future students might be taught that MLK is the father of their country, "New America" (like the New South Africa) as opposed to the illegitimate Apartheid America which existed before him, run by racists like Washington and Jefferson.
That's kinda the truth........... Non whites , and women had no rights and couldn't vote in a DEMOCRACY..... Equal rights and justice for all...... Unless your nonwhite and female. So your quote is correct. But hey.... It works for you so roll with it.

Old 10-15-2015, 11:51 AM

5,649 posts, read 5,959,480 times
Quote:

Students demand Thomas Jefferson statue removed from university, call him 'racist rapist' - The College Fix

I think us whites should all find statues of black, racist leaders (ie Malcolm X) and protest that it makes us feel offended and oppressed. I think a good place to start would be to organize a Million Man March outside of Chicago's Malcolm X college. Sound good? Lets turn the tide on these whiny babies. Then after that lets find and exploit any other situation possible. Every black-on-white crime should result in riots and marches, too! Man, theres gonna be A LOT of protests in our future.

Old 10-15-2015, 11:52 AM

3,505 posts, read 761,791 times
are these the same students that burned the ISIS flag recently ? bunch of haters i think ..

Old 10-15-2015, 11:52 AM

35,095 posts, read 51,212,218 times
Quote:

I think they should pick a different institution to attend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events