Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2016, 12:59 PM

52,706 posts, read 34,534,911 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babe_Ruth View Post
Agreed.. but thankfully Click has finally been charged with misdemeanor assault.

Missouri Professor Who Called for 'muscle' against Reporter Charged
good news. to the clink with the clickster!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2016, 01:05 PM

2,563 posts, read 3,681,070 times
She needs to be on the night shift at the local burger joint, not teaching in a university. Let's hope they have the good sense not to giver her tenure.

Old 01-26-2016, 01:06 PM

17,552 posts, read 13,334,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babe_Ruth View Post
Agreed.. but thankfully Click has finally been charged with misdemeanor assault.

Missouri Professor Who Called for 'muscle' against Reporter Charged
Great news/ Now I hope that she is convicted and can really learn what "muscle" is like in jail!

Old 01-26-2016, 01:50 PM

17,340 posts, read 11,266,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Knife View Post
Forbes Welcome

Seems her husband is of the same philosophy:

Melissa Click's Husband Also Harassed Media At Mizzou | The Daily Caller

A professor calling to put some muscle on a photojournalist and telling them they have no first amendment rights? This is who teaches? This is why free college education is being made into a national debate?

Why is this woman still employed? She should have been fired. No, not just resigned from a position, fired from her job period and in being unemployed.
Because she's a liberal employee at a liberal university. That was easy. Do you need to know anything else?

Old 01-26-2016, 01:52 PM

16,274 posts, read 10,398,910 times
I believe she is also teaching her students that the world is flat.

Old 01-27-2016, 08:11 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,932,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Knife View Post
Forbes Welcome

Seems her husband is of the same philosophy:

Melissa Click's Husband Also Harassed Media At Mizzou | The Daily Caller

A professor calling to put some muscle on a photojournalist and telling them they have no first amendment rights? This is who teaches? This is why free college education is being made into a national debate?

Why is this woman still employed? She should have been fired. No, not just resigned from a position, fired from her job period and in being unemployed.
With teachers like this the students can pay for their own education, no breaks and no discounts..... I would never agree to pay for this kind of education. With this vile woman and knowing more are like her, I would not agree to student discounts on tution.......if students just sit and doing nothing to weed out the bad, they get what the deserve, paying in FULL their own education.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John7777 View Post
She needs to be on the night shift at the local burger joint, not teaching in a university. Let's hope they have the good sense not to giver her tenure.
Not sure I'd want her cooking my burger. You have heard what angry people do to others food haven't you?

Old 01-27-2016, 09:11 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,932,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
Great news/ Now I hope that she is convicted and can really learn what "muscle" is like in jail!
Did you notice when she called for muscle non of those boys ran to her side. Boy, call that out at a biker event and muscle comes running.

Old 01-27-2016, 10:11 AM

79 posts, read 53,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fargobound View Post
Does anyone deny that we’re in an education bubble? This is the type of crap that happens when you lower the standards and accept those that have no critical thinking skills.

I hope the student loan debt is crushing for all these SJW types.

I read a thread on this story on another site and several MU students were in the comments bragging that they were commenting on the story from their cellphones during class.

Old 01-27-2016, 10:21 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,765,227 times
Safe Zones? I carry my safe zone around with me. It is about 30 ft. radius where I can shoot a human size target without having to use the sights.

I wish most people would be safe from physical assault. Unfortunately many are not. No one should be safe from verbal criticism or even insult. Handling those without violence, even if disserved, is how you demonstrate that you are an adult.

Old 02-26-2016, 03:23 AM

3,733 posts, read 2,553,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
Great news/ Now I hope that she is convicted..
Click received a deal from prosecutors, where the charges (against her), would be dropped upon completion of community service.. And she has been on paid suspension from work. But I just woke up and saw that Mizzou has terminated her..
University of Missouri fires professor Melissa Click
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events