Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2015, 12:29 PM

715 posts, read 792,800 times

Advertisements

This is why you should be very worried if you've ever been racist on Facebook - Mirror Online
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2015, 12:39 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,812,132 times
Seems to me the billboard thing could increase the number of racist posts on FB.
Many seek their 15 minutes of fame anyway they can get it.

Old 12-01-2015, 12:41 PM

7,280 posts, read 10,967,505 times
From the article "Describing what they do, the campaign says: "We omit names and faces of the authors because we have no intention of exposing anyone."

Most racists are not afraid of saying what they say. This is self defeating because it could easily trigger thoughts many more people have. It works this way, someone says something a lot of people think but wouldn't say.

The problem with so many people that claim they are against racism is that they are racist themselves and few would hold up to any scrutiny. When something they say is questioned, the retort is usually something along the lines that their goal is noble and therefore not subject to question, how dare anyone even suggest it?

Old 12-01-2015, 12:50 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,135,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Knife View Post
From the article "Describing what they do, the campaign says: "We omit names and faces of the authors because we have no intention of exposing anyone."

Most racists are not afraid of saying what they say. This is self defeating because it could easily trigger thoughts many more people have. It works this way, someone says something a lot of people think but wouldn't say.

The problem with so many people that claim they are against racism is that they are racist themselves and few would hold up to any scrutiny. When something they say is questioned, the retort is usually something along the lines that their goal is noble and therefore not subject to question, how dare anyone even suggest it?
The City-Data Forums conclusively prove you wrong, I am afraid. This cesspool is full of racists, misogynists and homophobes who would not dare say in public what they post. I dare any of the tough guys to go to Bedford -Stuy at 3 a.m. and repeat what they say in their posts. What's that? You'd have a gun? That's nice, but so do they.

Mick

Old 12-01-2015, 01:52 PM

7,280 posts, read 10,967,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
The City-Data Forums conclusively prove you wrong, I am afraid. This cesspool is full of racists, misogynists and homophobes who would not dare say in public what they post. I dare any of the tough guys to go to Bedford -Stuy at 3 a.m. and repeat what they say in their posts. What's that? You'd have a gun? That's nice, but so do they.

Mick
How do you know what you claim? You really don't.

City-Data is a drop in the bucket of both public opinion and as a representation of what most people say or think. It is one forum out of millions.

This forum attracts many who don't really believe what they say but post what they think others will respond to. That would be called trolling and those that engage in it rarely believe what they talk about, they say it just to get a rise out of others.

You can see this in action by following the posts and finding the hypocrisy in them, from the same people. Sometimes it is so blatant that people will say one thing and then a few posts later say something completely different. Attributing anything they say to what they honestly believe is a stretch.

What is said on City-Data doesn't and can't conclusively prove much of anything since with few exceptions is anything said based on fact even when so claimed.

This forum, like almost all others is entertainment, not serious discussion. If it were serious discussion where people held the views they posted, real names would be used and the TOS would be enforced without exceptions for certain people while others run amok with impunity.

Most Internet forums aren't representative of anything except general conflict and goating.

Old 12-01-2015, 02:34 PM

24,548 posts, read 17,297,674 times
It is a fact that most people who post inflammatory things here would never say the same things out in public.

I see it all the time in other forums where people get into heated arguements over stupid things that they would never say to each other face to face but it is easy for them to hide behind a keyboard and spout their anger.

I might respond to a post with what some might think is a sketchy thought in fact I have been called names here on CD including racist but I only point out and comment on things we all know to be true pulling from my own personal experiences.

I consider CD to be a living room where we can have adult conversations/ debates and not resort to name calling but keep them civil. The Mods do keep up with the drival and often delete, edit or close the threads.

For any conversation here just pretend you are face to face with the person and all will be well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events