Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2015, 10:48 PM

1,705 posts, read 1,600,956 times

Advertisements

Refugee mentality: Syrian refugees in Uruguay say they want to move elsewhere | Reuters
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2015, 11:32 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,274,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
I have never read more fear mongering nonsense in my life..it takes 2 or 3 minutes to do a bit of research, but maybe the truth doesn't fit the narrative that some people are trying to create...
Young able bodied single males need no protection. They can manage. If you had any sense you would refuse them to make room for women and children.

Old 11-23-2015, 11:36 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,275,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
Young able bodied single males need no protection. They can manage. If you had any sense you would refuse them to make room for women and children.
I'm not sure they can manage in a Country like Syria, but I think that's why the US accepted so few of them.

But why do you have to say things like "if you had any sense"? If I were your next door neighbor and we had this discussion would you stand out in the front yard and say that to me?

Old 11-24-2015, 01:08 AM

3,533 posts, read 5,831,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AminWi View Post
...or, they've heard how dangerous it is in the camps and opt to leave the women and children behind in the relative safety of the camps in the Middle East, while they scout out a safer situation to bring their families into.

You're going to find *******s in any crowd. Don't make the mistake of assuming they're the majority.
Oh, if it is so safe back home why the hell would they need to be refugees in the first place??? You ever think about that?

Umm.. your argument has been made void with simple logic.

In fact, refugee camps are suppose to be safe havens, not places where people are raped. It has something to do with the type of people staying that the refugee camps. Hint, hint, they are not all victims, but some are tyrants themselves. You could also argue their are no saints

But, in fact, the men are the ones who are seeking refuge while their families are left in danger. Leaving behind your fathers, mothers, daughters, wives and children to an unknown fate tells us something about the characters of these so-called refugees.

Let's compare the picture of Syrian refugees in Europe to refugees of WWII and Vietnam War:

Syrian Refugees in Germany:

Ummm, whoops , umm, don't you young fellas want to go and defend your country and protect your parents, wives and children you left behind?

Polish refugees fleeing Poland on their way to USSR in WWII:

How nice of them to bring their elderly, women and children along for the boat ride!

Vietnamse Refugees being evacuated in Vietnam War:

Jewish Refugees from Europe going to FLorida in WWII

Old 11-24-2015, 01:28 AM

500 posts, read 583,675 times
Article from October 7, 2015
Detailing how many of the refugees are indeed young men.
They do not want to fight, they even say so.

Aso debunks several arguments from refugee sympathizers
1. These are not highly educated refugees
2. Over 60% are young men
3. They do not wish to fight for their country
4. They have little to NO identification or anyway to check their background or credientials.

Shocked........ NOT

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/08/wo...rope.html?_r=0

Old 11-24-2015, 07:54 AM

1,261 posts, read 950,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RotseCherut View Post
Oh, if it is so safe back home why the hell would they need to be refugees in the first place??? You ever think about that?

Umm.. your argument has been made void with simple logic.
By left behind, I meant in Jordan, Turkey, and Lebanon, not Syria. I apologize for any confusion.

Old 11-24-2015, 07:57 AM

1,261 posts, read 950,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaching View Post
Article from October 7, 2015
Detailing how many of the refugees are indeed young men.
They do not want to fight, they even say so.

Aso debunks several arguments from refugee sympathizers
1. These are not highly educated refugees
2. Over 60% are young men
3. They do not wish to fight for their country

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/08/wo...rope.html?_r=0
With whom would you expect them to fight? Remember, Assad was killing them before Isis started killing them.

Old 11-24-2015, 08:19 AM

6,474 posts, read 4,074,569 times
The refugees are just going to stay in their country and just magically find pistols to go fight a guy with chemical weapons missiles and tanks. It would be the a mass slaughter. Honestly do you think if a war happened in America that everyone would just go and fight it out like the movies and besides the gun owners and vets/ police officers everyone would just start willingly holding a gun and possibly kill another person. This isn't the movies no one who had a regular life is just going to go and kill a trained soldier.
Also for the young men their is a human geographer who's model basically states young rural men are most likely to move among other things. It is called Ravenstein's Law of Migration, look it up. (I love human geography so I don't know why many people are surprised that the migrants who made it to Europe are young men)

Old 11-24-2015, 09:45 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,275,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
Here is an article about how easy it is for an 'able-bodied' man to live in Raqqa:
Telling the Truth About ISIS and Raqqa - The New Yorker
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events