Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2015, 11:34 AM

3,046 posts, read 2,383,517 times

Advertisements

New Yorkers should be proud! Three of their schools are in the top 10 and one from New Jersey!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2015, 10:27 AM

53 posts, read 42,366 times

NJIT Grad here. The school is in a crappy area and the ratio of guys to girls is 20:1. But I still came out with the same engineering skill set as a Steven's or Rutgers graduate at a FAR lower cost. Hell, it is constantly ranked as one of the best value colleges in the country based on ROI.

As someone mentioned earlier, most of the kids who cry about how difficult the college classes are have no drive to succeed. Sure it is difficult, but what science/engineering school isn't? As a matter of fact, NO science/engineering school should be "easy."

Old 12-01-2015, 10:56 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,277,139 times
My alma mater's on the 'best' list. #23.

Hook 'em Horns!

Old 12-01-2015, 08:20 PM

4,918 posts, read 6,467,718 times
Most of those colleges are commuter colleges and universities with no social life, not the true traditional college experience. I went to Ohio St and University of Kentucky, I like the states universities with a lot of school pride.

Old 12-01-2015, 10:20 PM

7,103 posts, read 5,982,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
Seton Hall and NJIT are both good schools, they're just located in terrible areas. South Orange and Newark, NJ, respectively. Seton Hall is so dangerous the kids get "Pirate Alerts" alerting them to armed robberies and carjackings and robberies and such in the area or even on campus. They're often told not to leave their dorms when nearby incidents occur. And Newark just speaks for itself. I guess location weighed heavily for those two. Drexel is also in a very bad part of Philly.

I'm also confused as to why Pace is on this list.
Are you kidding about the Pirate Alerts? Please tell me that's not real...

Old 12-01-2015, 10:46 PM

3,046 posts, read 2,383,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
Seton Hall and NJIT are both good schools, they're just located in terrible areas. South Orange and Newark, NJ, respectively. Seton Hall is so dangerous the kids get "Pirate Alerts" alerting them to armed robberies and carjackings and robberies and such in the area or even on campus. They're often told not to leave their dorms when nearby incidents occur. And Newark just speaks for itself. I guess location weighed heavily for those two. Drexel is also in a very bad part of Philly.

I'm also confused as to why Pace is on this list.
Crime and violence is part of the charm of going to Seton hall, and one of the school's selling points.

Old 12-03-2015, 01:07 PM

4,510 posts, read 4,043,147 times
http://cdn01.dailycaller.com/wp-cont...08/table-1.jpg

I go to Drexel right now. It is definitely expensive for what you get and is shadowed by UPenn. The classes have a heavy work load. However it is right in the center of philadelphia so social life can't be less than a 4 star, you're just as much apart of the city if not more when you go to Drexel. Also to my understanding most people who graduate from Drexel are successful.

I went to UCF for my undergrad, I'm not seeing how Drexel isn't at the same level.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 12-06-2015 at 03:35 PM.. Reason: copyright violation

Old 12-06-2015, 01:33 PM

639 posts, read 579,381 times
Sorry, didn't read all post's. What is Hampshire college? I live in NH, never herd of it.

Old 12-06-2015, 01:39 PM

3,887 posts, read 5,746,694 times
Student hotness and social life should be the number 1 and 2 factors in choosing a college, I mean who gives a crap about the quality of your education and how that will affect the rest of your life. As long as you can look at gorgeous men and women all day while hanging out in all the local bars while ignoring your future that is what really matters.

And we wonder why so many kids struggle with their priorities in college and early in life.

Old 12-06-2015, 02:26 PM

7,103 posts, read 5,982,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwiley View Post
Student hotness and social life should be the number 1 and 2 factors in choosing a college, I mean who gives a crap about the quality of your education and how that will affect the rest of your life. As long as you can look at gorgeous men and women all day while hanging out in all the local bars while ignoring your future that is what really matters.

And we wonder why so many kids struggle with their priorities in college and early in life.
Well said, I would have completely disagreed with you when I was an 18 year old college freshman though...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events