Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2015, 05:59 PM

12,883 posts, read 14,022,848 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
I hope they get that animal.

And, seriously, ladies....would you be jogging in Central Park at 7:30 on a November evening?
Yes. That is not late at all, especially not for NYC. The park has events, restaurants, and things to do like ice skating. It's well lit on the paths and people are around. It's possible she was running one of the more hidden and interior paths, but even if she was, it's not the same as 11 pm...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2015, 06:02 PM

8,183 posts, read 6,946,366 times
Isn't it illegal to have the means to defend yourself in New York?

Old 11-29-2015, 06:05 PM

3,762 posts, read 5,431,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
Agreed don't call them!!!! Better to die on your feet than live on your knees!!!! Control your own fate!!! Oh that's right all the big mouths on CD could never do that!!! Call the cops that you love to hate!!!
Didn't you just wish me happy raping? And all because I don't think stop and frisk is fair or American. And I have had the pleasure of meeting very good police officers, unlike yourself. I won't let you tarnish them. Don't worry, I understand your being oversensitive. It's hard not to be when people are constantly attacking a group you belong to with negative stereotypes that may not all apply to you. Really hard....

Old 11-29-2015, 06:08 PM

589 posts, read 697,599 times
In another thread, people were talking about how even muggers and criminals act logical. Oy vey!

Old 11-29-2015, 06:10 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,135,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
I hope they get that animal.

And, seriously, ladies....would you be jogging in Central Park at 7:30 on a November evening?
Can you clarify your question. I'm kinda reading it like victim blaming, which is a ridiculous thing to suggest. thanks.

Old 11-29-2015, 06:15 PM

12,883 posts, read 14,022,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis agrotera View Post
Can you clarify your question. I'm kinda reading it like victim blaming, which is a ridiculous thing to suggest. thanks.
That's exactly what it was. Are you really surprised?

You have to think, she must have been jogging in a well-lit area because when jogging at night in a wooded area like a park, you can't see. So she must have been on a lit path. For some reason I thought this was Central Park, it's not, it's East River Park. Nevertheless, a city park, on a holiday weekend (night before Thanksgiving). Article says he "dragged her into a secluded area," leading me to believe she was not initially in a secluded area. East River Park is a waterfront park, it's popular at all times of day because of its views.

Old 11-29-2015, 06:18 PM

5,865 posts, read 3,309,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trishguard View Post
Didn't you just wish me happy raping? And all because I don't think stop and frisk is fair or American. And I have had the pleasure of meeting very good police officers, unlike yourself. I won't let you tarnish them. Don't worry, I understand your being oversensitive. It's hard not to be when people are constantly attacking a group you belong to with negative stereotypes that may not all apply to you. Really hard....
I don't wish you a happy raping at all. You have no idea what I have done as a PO. I can guarantee you that I was a great cop and have done more for women and minorities than you have ever done in your life!!! Its all good. What have you ever done???? Please explain to everyone in here!!!! Of course the silence will be deafening unless you are lying!!

Old 11-29-2015, 06:24 PM

16,912 posts, read 10,617,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
That's exactly what it was. Are you really surprised?

You have to think, she must have been jogging in a well-lit area because when jogging at night in a wooded area like a park, you can't see. So she must have been on a lit path. For some reason I thought this was Central Park, it's not, it's East River Park. Nevertheless, a city park, on a holiday weekend (night before Thanksgiving). Article says he "dragged her into a secluded area," leading me to believe she was not initially in a secluded area. East River Park is a waterfront park, it's popular at all times of day because of its views.
Central Park has been very safe since the 90's and jogging at 7:30 there is not uncommon or foolish. The problem is that most people think the park is still just as safe but do not realize that the criminal element in NYC is rebounding under Deblasio.

Old 11-29-2015, 06:24 PM

3,762 posts, read 5,431,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
I don't wish you a happy raping at all. You have no idea what I have done as a PO. I can guarantee you that I was a great cop and have done more for women and minorities than you have ever done in your life!!! Its all good. What have you ever done???? Please explain to everyone in here!!!! Of course the silence will be deafening unless you are lying!!
I'm sorry, you told me to enjoy it.

Edit: And to answer your question. When I returned to posting on City-Data it was with the intention to never fall into the trap of feeling like I need to justify myself to racists. I don't have to prove to you that I have a right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness just like any other law abiding American citizen or living person for that matter. If you feel you were a great cop, other than wishing rape on women as a retired cop, well good for you.

Old 11-29-2015, 07:02 PM

5,865 posts, read 3,309,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trishguard View Post
I'm sorry, you told me to enjoy it.

Edit: And to answer your question. When I returned to posting on City-Data it was with the intention to never fall into the trap of feeling like I need to justify myself to racists. I don't have to prove to you that I have a right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness just like any other law abiding American citizen or living person for that matter. If you feel you were a great cop, other than wishing rape on women as a retired cop, well good for you.
Great so you cant answer the question so you deflect the question!! You know exactly what you are doing and so does everyone else!!! Enjoy!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events