Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2015, 02:17 PM

7,343 posts, read 4,366,656 times

Advertisements

uhhh...wait; what happened to the 3 weeks paid suspension?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2015, 02:27 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,254,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justanokie View Post
Guilty

Fired Oklahoma City police officer is convicted of offenses against eight victims | News OK

I guess it took them that long to go over each of the 36 charges and see if each one met the burden of proof separately.
Exactly. The jury investigated all the evidence individually in each count with each victum. With 36 of them it took days. They even were taken to the site of the offense in one case. I commend the jurors care in looking at details and deciding the convictions on a base of sufficent evidence. It doesn't mean some or all of the other complaints didn't happen. It just means they didn't find enough evidence to be sure. That's the basis of law.

The other option would be to try him individually multiple times.

Since they were different cases it was the only fair way to deal with it. He's held to account for the pattern of his behavior.

Old 12-11-2015, 02:35 PM

7,578 posts, read 5,324,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightbird47 View Post
With 36 of them it took days.
That makes sense, finding guilt or innocence on 36 counts should be time consuming. Props to the jurors for taking their role seriously.

Old 12-11-2015, 02:39 PM

2,508 posts, read 2,175,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justanokie View Post
Lots of crooks cry and claim innocence.

You have to remember that the cops investigating this case tracked down most of the women and only after questioning them did they tell the full story. It's not like several women got together and decided to frame this guy. Plus they had witnesses like the one boyfriend who saw the creep break into his girlfriends house for a second rape attempt.

That and all the GPS data that put him everywhere all the women said he was in......places he shouldn't have been while on duty......

No way to fake all that.....too many people involved. Someone would tell.
Agreed. There was a lot of actual evidence re: this case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disgustedman View Post
Thing is, he'll go into PC upon arrival. They know he'll be killed in gen pop the moment he's in there.

High profile people/names get treated carefully. Had he been job blow from Alabama, he'd get no preference as to treatment.
Probably true. Too bad...I think the movies/TV Shows depict these people as getting offed right away in prison, but I believe the reality is that it doesn't happen quite that way...

And the taxpayers will have to foot the bill to house, clothe, feed, etc. this scum until he dies....

Last edited by The Big Lebowski Dude; 12-11-2015 at 03:09 PM..

Old 12-11-2015, 02:46 PM

325 posts, read 336,777 times
He's one big loser! Crying while being found guilty on a day he celebrates his birthday and I have no sympathy for him! It doesn't matter what day it is when he appears in court to hear the verdict, whatever it's his birthday, Christmas day, or Mom's birthday, he is guilty. He has ruined his life.

Old 12-11-2015, 03:03 PM

23,543 posts, read 12,517,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Lebowski Dude View Post
Agreed. There was a lot of actual evidence re: this case.

Probably true. Too bad...I think the movies/TV Shows depict these people as getting offed right away in prison, but I believe the reality is that it doesn't happen quite that way...
I agree with the not being offed part .. but .. he may end up being someone's biotch (which is why I said he'll learn what it was like for his victims)

Old 12-11-2015, 03:24 PM

14,376 posts, read 18,369,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightbird47 View Post
Exactly. The jury investigated all the evidence individually in each count with each victum. With 36 of them it took days. They even were taken to the site of the offense in one case. I commend the jurors care in looking at details and deciding the convictions on a base of sufficent evidence. It doesn't mean some or all of the other complaints didn't happen. It just means they didn't find enough evidence to be sure. That's the basis of law.

The other option would be to try him individually multiple times.

Since they were different cases it was the only fair way to deal with it. He's held to account for the pattern of his behavior.
I was on the jury in a civil trial and there were only a few items we had to find guilty or not guilty. There wasn't a lot at stake - the guy who brought the case had been damaged (mainly monetarily) by the defendant's actions, but he would have been all right if we hadn't found in his favor. In fact, he didn't even seem to be taking the case all that seriously (hadn't brought records that would have bolstered his case further). There were only a few witnesses too.

But we debated each point and broke down each statute in question. It took a few hours. And honestly, we had a lot of fun.

In this case, with 36 charges and severe damage done to the victims and probably piles of evidence, it must have taken forever. The trial alone must have been grueling to sit through and then to have to rehash so much trauma... I can't imagine. Those people must be exhausted.

Old 12-11-2015, 05:59 PM

2,700 posts, read 4,938,111 times
We have the stupidest legal system around...

Old 12-11-2015, 07:10 PM

6,230 posts, read 3,607,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalCpl2 View Post
We have the stupidest legal system around...
Really? You're against the whole jury-of-your-peers thing? Which countries have a superior legal system and in what ways are they different and better than ours?

Old 12-11-2015, 09:28 PM

1,705 posts, read 1,600,360 times
What a disgusting piece of ****. Why was he bawling like a ***** at his trial? Oh yah, that's right, you know what they do to cops in jail...
Karma is a *****. Stick a fork in him. He's done.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events