Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2015, 07:35 PM

29,391 posts, read 55,638,312 times

Advertisements

Two television entrepreneurs in California think they have just what America needs: a 24-hour shopping channel for guns.

Using the tag line “Live Shopping. Fully Loaded,” GunTV aims to take the QVC approach of peppy hosts pitching blenders and face-firming lotions and adapt it to the sale of “a vast array of firearms,” as well as related items like bullets, holsters and two-way radios.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/09/bu...ales.html?_r=0
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2015, 07:44 PM

7,280 posts, read 10,965,303 times
Gun sales up 60% in San Bernardino.

Single women with and without kids are buying guns. People are lined up to buy guns.

Now tell that single mom she can't have a pistol that holds more than 9 bullets. Then ask her what happens when 3 thugs break into her home during a home invasion burglary and Diane Feinstein and Gubbner Moonbeam aren't there to protect her.

Old 12-08-2015, 07:45 PM

4,899 posts, read 3,560,035 times
I feel bad for sporting good stores. that will definitely hurt their bottom line.

Old 12-08-2015, 07:55 PM

3,016 posts, read 3,914,456 times
Gun sales will continue increasing even without a 24 hour channel.

When or if someone orders a gun from a channel like that and then uses it in a shooting: If it is proven that the firearm was purchased through a gun shopping channel, then there are attorneys (for victims families) that will find a way to sue the channel, the cable provider and delivery service that delivered the firearm (FedEx, UPS).

And, just curious. . . . How is a background check done on someone that 'orders' a gun from a 24 hour gun channel. Seriously: I just had to go in person to renew my driver's license and had to wait over an hour at the DMV. If it is easier to buy a gun than renew a drivers license, then something is wrong.

Old 12-08-2015, 07:59 PM

7,280 posts, read 10,965,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeastah View Post
I feel bad for sporting good stores. that will definitely hurt their bottom line.
Nope, gun sales will have to be completed through a dealer who can charge some money to complete the process.

While the customer is in the store, the dealer can upsell them on accessories, training you name it. It is a win win.

Old 12-08-2015, 08:00 PM

5,865 posts, read 3,306,525 times
Gun sales are breaking records. There will be over 21 million legally purchased firearms this year alone! I own a couple of guns. Now I am looking at getting a better concealed handgun. Obama has done more for the gun industry than any other President!!!!!(unintentional!)

Old 12-08-2015, 08:02 PM

15,804 posts, read 20,559,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydive Outlaw View Post
And, just curious. . . . How is a background check done on someone that 'orders' a gun from a 24 hour gun channel. Seriously: I just had to go in person to renew my driver's license and had to wait over an hour at the DMV. If it is easier to buy a gun than renew a drivers license, then something is wrong.
You already can order a gun over the internet. The gun is sent to a FFL dealer where you then have to go down in person, fill out paperwork, get a NICS check, and follow whatever other state laws exist (Possess license, cooling off period, etc) before buying that particular gun. They don't just mail it to your house like Amazon Prime. In most online transactions a federally licensed dealer needs to be a 3rd party to the sale.

EDIT: This can be slightly different for each state.

Old 12-08-2015, 08:10 PM

5,865 posts, read 3,306,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMike7 View Post
You already can order a gun over the internet. The gun is sent to a FFL dealer where you then have to go down in person, fill out paperwork, get a NICS check, and follow whatever other state laws exist (Possess license, cooling off period, etc) before buying that particular gun. They don't just mail it to your house like Amazon Prime. In most online transactions a federally licensed dealer needs to be a 3rd party to the sale.
I agree. Its not what it seems. The one thing I will say is its like bringing a gun store to your living room. You will see gun sales explode through this. People will be buying like crazy. This will drive the *******s crazy lol!!!!

Old 12-08-2015, 08:12 PM

2,055 posts, read 1,451,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
Gun sales are breaking records. There will be over 21 million legally purchased firearms this year alone! I own a couple of guns. Now I am looking at getting a better concealed handgun. Obama has done more for the gun industry than any other President!!!!!(unintentional!)

Only two?

El Nox

Old 12-08-2015, 08:13 PM

277 posts, read 292,481 times
What could possibly go wrong?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events