Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2015, 04:46 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,487,814 times

Advertisements

Yahoo!

"Now here's the comment that ignited the uproar:

"Just today we met with a supplier and the entire other side of the table was all Caucasian males. That was interesting," Brewer said. "I decided not to talk about it directly with [the supplier's] folks in the room because there were actually no female, like, levels down. So I’m going to place a call to him.""

Shouldn't the only qualification be: Who is best qualified to do a job?

Plus what business/right is it of a CEO of company A to want to control company B's policy, no matter what the policy/matter is? Don't like something about company B? Great, don't do business with them. Period.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2015, 04:58 PM

11,380 posts, read 16,763,594 times
Looks like she showed her true color afterall with being racist.

Old 12-14-2015, 05:00 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,631,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek64 View Post
Yahoo!

"Now here's the comment that ignited the uproar:

"Just today we met with a supplier and the entire other side of the table was all Caucasian males. That was interesting," Brewer said. "I decided not to talk about it directly with [the supplier's] folks in the room because there were actually no female, like, levels down. So I’m going to place a call to him.""

Shouldn't the only qualification be: Who is best qualified to do a job?

Plus what business/right is it of a CEO of company A to want to control company B's policy, no matter what the policy/matter is? Don't like something about company B? Great, don't do business with them. Period.
Not anymore. It's what is socially PC correct today.

Male/female, White/Black/Hispanic. I wonder if she thought about who was LBGT while she was at it ?

Last edited by HappyTexan; 12-14-2015 at 05:09 PM..

Old 12-14-2015, 05:06 PM

19,869 posts, read 12,159,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Not anymore. It's what is socially PC correct today.

Male/female, White/Black/Hispanic. I wonder if he thought about who was LBGT while he was at it ?
He is a she.

Old 12-14-2015, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
He is a she.
oops..typo. Fixed it.

Old 12-14-2015, 05:19 PM

12,883 posts, read 14,030,531 times
What if said supplier is based in a predominantly white area (like more so than usual, like Minnesota or Maine)? Is it still a problem when those you're hiring who live locally are overwhelmingly white demographically? Should you move your company to somewhere more diverse? Where does it end?

Old 12-14-2015, 07:37 PM

52,804 posts, read 34,710,167 times
I didn't realize BLM had a faction at sam's club.

Old 12-14-2015, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
BLM working their way into the corporate world !!

Old 12-14-2015, 07:45 PM

6,479 posts, read 4,096,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
That's uncalled for... (I don't like BLM either because their protesting in the wrong places but no need to jump to unnecessary conclusions)
I don't think she made a racist comment at all, but was trying to stress diversity, If she made the same about blacks in a large company I would fully support her, unless of course she was talking about a small company from a predominantly white region then of course no. Same with any other race or ethnicity.

Old 12-14-2015, 07:50 PM

3,913 posts, read 5,240,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NigerianNightmare View Post
That's uncalled for... (I don't like BLM either because their protesting in the wrong places but no need to jump to unnecessary conclusions)
but even as a minority, this is ridiculous, If a black barbershop opens are we going to start calling these guys racist if all they hire are black barbers or mostly black barbers. If Sam' Club which is a branch of Walmart that is based in NW Arkansas which is probably the whitest U.S metro over 500,000 has all caucasians I honestly don't think that is at all racist.
*I need to reread the story might have gotten who is calling who a racist wrong.
You mean like the majority of major metros in America? A white person can't get a civil service job to save their lives in those areas. What she is expecting is ridiculous and shows her racist tendencies towards whites.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events