Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2015, 09:44 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,223,321 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek64 View Post
Me thinks we don't need an "Article" to tell us "what he meant", "better". Especially when the "Article" you referenced above has the words at the top of the page.....

"Progressive, Liberal, Informative and Honest".

And the author describes himself as "Staunch Progressive. Helping to advance progressive causes, one post at a time."

uh huh.....

btw, myself and others are more than capable of reading what he said and making our own minds up on what he said. Not via a "progressive" or whatever filter/bias that supports your own opinion.
I'm sorry, Steve. I didn't realize that people couldn't think for themselves.

It's funny that those that can think for themselves seem to get turned off by words like progressive, liberal, or honest. To be honest, I just read and watched the interview.

I'm glad to know the confines in which you think, and will refrain from posting such offensive thoughts on a public forum where people share ideas openly, and honestly.

Happy holidays!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2015, 10:08 PM

3,734 posts, read 5,769,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Based on the race that typically commits mass shootings, Jackson took an educated guess.
"Our" government considers the San Bernardino shooters to be 'White'. So, this will be one of MANY instances where people who are not really white are added to the 'White' column, when tabulating percentages.

They'll be counted as 'Conservatives', too. So, this episode will go down in the books as an example of "White Conservative Violence".

Old 12-30-2015, 11:15 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,756,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant131531 View Post
Dylan Roof specifically targeted black people in a church. Still, people were very hesitant(and still are) to call him a terrorist.
They called him a "white supremacist" killer, which is a far worse thing to be in the eyes of the media (and a far better thing in terms of the kind of narrative they want tell, so they aren't going to waste the opportunity by labeling him a mere "terrorist").

Quote:
The backlash against whites wasn't even that bad once the church shooting happen. How easily it could have been for some angry black person to go into a white church and begin shooting people, but none of that happened.
Actually no, attacking a church full of white people would have been hard, possibly a suicide mission, and angry blacks don't go in for that sort of thing. When they want to hurt whitey, they are far more likely to gang up on some lone white man, couple or family with kids. And those sorts of incidents do happen regularly.

Quote:
There were also burnings of black churches.
Yep.

St. Louis Police Arrest African American for a String of Black Church Fires in St. Louis

Old 12-30-2015, 11:29 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,466,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
I'm sorry, Steve. I didn't realize that people couldn't think for themselves.

It's funny that those that can think for themselves seem to get turned off by words like progressive, liberal, or honest. To be honest, I just read and watched the interview.

I'm glad to know the confines in which you think, and will refrain from posting such offensive thoughts on a public forum where people share ideas openly, and honestly.

Happy holidays!
Oh, the word "honest" is actually fine btw. But yes, "progressive", "liberal", "conservative", etc etc indeed put my "watch out" radar up as I've discovered people who wear such terms proudly on their sleeve are often thinking in a black/white no gray process. They will find a reason to rationalize why a sunny day in the desert with low humidity at 72 degrees in January is somehow not a good thing. As for posting such "offensive thoughts", you are of course free to label them as such but I think such a description is inaccurate.....I'd label it more like "one sided thinking". So of course you can post such thoughts from such sites but expect some people like myself to call it out, just like we have "progressives" and "liberals" here knocking people who post news/opinions from "conservative" websites. It's a 2 way street. And I did read carefully what the "liberal" "progressive" individual was saying and I think he made a poor argument to justify Jackson's poor choice of words.

But we agree on one thing.....this is a public forum to express our views as you have, as I did previously, and what I'm doing again right now as I type this. See, we are free to express our views just fine and be honest with each other. The purpose/intent of these forums are indeed intact!

And same to you.....happy new year!

Last edited by stevek64; 12-30-2015 at 11:48 PM..

Old 12-31-2015, 12:19 AM

1,556 posts, read 1,910,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.magoo View Post
Mea culpa For mispronouncing your name...but 'DyaDick is just so....apropos and possibly prophetic.
If you must to use that as compensation to feel "manly" then go for it. I got my big boy drawls on.

Old 12-31-2015, 03:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartMoney View Post
When we take mortgage loans, we are required to obtain ethnicity and race. I have always been taught the Arab States are considered South Asian.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sout..._ethnic_groups

South Asia is a location not racial category. What you linked details ethnic groups. Btw, ethnicity is not a race.

The Caucasian race (also Caucasoid or occasionally Europid) is a taxon historically used to describe the physical or biological type of some or all of the populations of Europe, North Africa, the Horn of Africa, Western Asia, Central Asia, and South Asia. The term was used in biological anthropology for many people from these regions, without regard necessarily to. First introduced in early racial science and anthropometry, the taxon has historically been used to denote one of the three proposed major races (Caucasoid, Mongoloid, Negroid) of humankind.Although its validity and utility are disputed by many anthropologist, Caucasoid as a biological classification remains in use, particularly within the field of forensic anthropology.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caucasian_race

If this discussion was about Fertile Crescent, Ancient Civilization or people from the area known as the Cradle of Civilization instead of religion the race baiters on here would be hailing them as a source of white pride.

Old 12-31-2015, 06:49 AM

21,466 posts, read 10,568,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Where is your link to the bold.......funny the guy was a registered Independent, facts are kind of silly aren't they. Plus, reported he had thoughts not right leaning....

Records show that Loughner was registered as an Independent and voted in 2006 and 2008, but not in 2010.
Loughner's high school friend Zach Osler said, "He did not watch TV; he disliked the news; he didn't listen to political radio; he didn't take sides; he wasn't on the Left; he wasn't on the Right."A former classmate, Caitie Parker, who attended high school and college with Loughner, described his political views prior to 2007, prior to his personality transformation, as "left wing, quite liberal," "radical.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jared_Lee_Loughner

Fires in Black Churches, Possibly Caused by Arson, in Ohio, Georgia, Tennessee, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Florida - The Atlantic
As my colleague David Graham noted last week, the history of American church burnings dates to before the Civil War, but there was a major uptick in incidents of arson at black churches in the middle and late 20th century. One of the most famous was the 1963 bombing of the 16th Street Baptist Church in Birmingham, Alabama, which killed four girls. Three decades later, cases of church arson rose sharply. In response, in 1995, President Bill Clinton also set up a church-arson investigative task force, and in 1996, Congress passed a law increasing the sentences for arsonists who target religious organizations, particularly for reasons of race or ethnicity. Between 1995 and 1999, Clinton’s task force reported that it opened 827 investigations into burnings and bombings at houses of worship; it was later disbanded.

With 827 investigations.......strange they could find nothing out.......or did they? Is there more to why this program was closed. Makes a person that questions both sides wonder, just what happened here.
Thanks for posting. I was about to respond, but you already did. I will point out that Jared Loughtner and the black guy who was caught in St. Louis that set the churches on fire shared one thing in common...mental illness.

Possibly true of the arsonist they caught yesterday in Houston who set the mosque on fire, who as I predicted, turned out to be a mosque member who went to the mosque for years, going to that mosque to pray five times a day, every day of the week. Was he doing it at the behest of CAIR, or was he just crazy with a personal grudge against someone there?

Considering these mosque fires are popping up all over at this particular time, I'm leaning towards it being a ploy to get sympathy. I hate to be so cynical, but this seems like something similar to the girl leaving the BLM protest at the college campus who went to the library and tweeted death threats to make it seem that white supremacists made the threats. These things have been happening a lot lately. Very suspicious to me.

Old 12-31-2015, 07:00 AM

50,262 posts, read 47,017,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Based on the race that typically commits mass shootings, Jackson took an educated guess.
True, if it was just a regular shooting, the normal 100-200 per day, it would have fell off the radar.

Old 12-31-2015, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Thanks for posting. I was about to respond, but you already did. I will point out that Jared Loughtner and the black guy who was caught in St. Louis that set the churches on fire shared one thing in common...mental illness.

Possibly true of the arsonist they caught yesterday in Houston who set the mosque on fire, who as I predicted, turned out to be a mosque member who went to the mosque for years, going to that mosque to pray five times a day, every day of the week. Was he doing it at the behest of CAIR, or was he just crazy with a personal grudge against someone there?

Considering these mosque fires are popping up all over at this particular time, I'm leaning towards it being a ploy to get sympathy. I hate to be so cynical, but this seems like something similar to the girl leaving the BLM protest at the college campus who went to the library and tweeted death threats to make it seem that white supremacists made the threats. These things have been happening a lot lately. Very suspicious to me.

It happens on both sides. Remember Amanda Knox implicated Diya “Patrick” Lumumba, a Congolese-born resident of Italy of murder in the crime that she was later tried for.

Charles Stuart murdered his wife and blamed it on a black man. When his lie was exposed he jumped to his death from a bridge.

Susan Smith murdered her two sons and told police a black man hijacked the car and drove away with then inside.

Bonnie Sweeten took money from her family and a law firm and later claimed that she and her daughter were kidnapped by two black men in a Cadillac.

Bethany Storr falsely claimed that a black woman threw acid on her face. The story she created so that she could be on The Oprah Winfrey Show.

One of the saddest stories involved a kid named George Stinney who was convicted of the first-degree murder of two pre-teen white girls by an all-white jury in South Carolina. He was electrocuted at the age of 14 making youngest person executed in the United States in the 20th century. His conviction was vacated by Circuit Court Judge Carmen Mullen in December 2014, effectively clearing his name.

Another case involved five black and Hispanic teenagers convicted of the 1989 assault and rape of Trisha Meili, a white woman who was jogging in New York’s Central Park. Their conviction was vacated 13 years later when the real rapist confessed to committing the crime alone and DNA evidence confirmed his involvement in the rape.

Old 12-31-2015, 10:55 AM

2,055 posts, read 1,448,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyadic View Post
It happens on both sides. Remember Amanda Knox implicated Diya “Patrick” Lumumba, a Congolese-born resident of Italy of murder in the crime that she was later tried for.

Charles Stuart murdered his wife and blamed it on a black man. When his lie was exposed he jumped to his death from a bridge.

Susan Smith murdered her two sons and told police a black man hijacked the car and drove away with then inside.

Bonnie Sweeten took money from her family and a law firm and later claimed that she and her daughter were kidnapped by two black men in a Cadillac.

Bethany Storr falsely claimed that a black woman threw acid on her face. The story she created so that she could be on The Oprah Winfrey Show.

One of the saddest stories involved a kid named George Stinney who was convicted of the first-degree murder of two pre-teen white girls by an all-white jury in South Carolina. He was electrocuted at the age of 14 making youngest person executed in the United States in the 20th century. His conviction was vacated by Circuit Court Judge Carmen Mullen in December 2014, effectively clearing his name.

Another case involved five black and Hispanic teenagers convicted of the 1989 assault and rape of Trisha Meili, a white woman who was jogging in New York’s Central Park. Their conviction was vacated 13 years later when the real rapist confessed to committing the crime alone and DNA evidence confirmed his involvement in the rape.
And Bill Cosby didn't do it either.(/sarcasm)

El Nox
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events