Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2015, 04:54 PM

7,132 posts, read 9,130,036 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post
I heard non-stop hatred against white people on social media after Dylan Roof that lasted for at least a couple weeks. After the San Bernardino shooters, not much... i also saw a lot of "we can't blame muslims" statements and articles, while many people - often the very same people who said or shared this stuff - shared articles about how we need to hold white males accountable for every mass shooting pepetrated by a white male.

I think a lot of it is just brainless, gleeful "turning the tables" and trying to smash paradigms by people who are, more often than not, just passive and lazy slacktivists who do this because it makes them feel edgy and important. When i called people out on it, all of them backtracked, many of them admitted to just "being angry" and wanting to shake people up, and then sheepishly took their racist crap down... combating bigotry with bigotry is a fool's game, but sadly, seems to be more the lay of the land these days, in both directions.
Dylan Roof specifically targeted black people in a church. Still, people were very hesitant(and still are) to call him a terrorist.

The backlash against whites wasn't even that bad once the church shooting happen. How easily it could have been for some angry black person to go into a white church and begin shooting people, but none of that happened. In fact, there were more incidents of racist white folks going to black churches and trying to instill fear by pointing their guns and yelling racial epithets. There were also burnings of black churches.

Blacks had a really calm response to quite possibly the most anti-black incident in quite a while.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2015, 05:14 PM

215 posts, read 185,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
Entertainment News & Reviews - NY Daily News What a piece of garbage he is.
I hold every reasonable man/woman of every race as being 15x more respectable than a Koran-toting mosque-goer. At least your average black person, asian, white, Hindu, etc. can have civil or uncivil discourse without wanting to shoot and blow up everything like an Islamic Yosemite Sam.

Old 12-30-2015, 05:17 PM

1,556 posts, read 1,909,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.magoo View Post
you are so pathetic Mr. DyaDick..I give you facts and have the citations and awards to prove it and you want to diss me.
No legend, just a guy who did a very interesting job very well...

Better put on your name tag and get ready for your shift...
yes, I will have fries with that...and hurry, or I'll report you to your boss...you are probation for coming to work in soiled pants.
It is pronounced "dahy-ad-ik" and stop being so sensitive. You're not the only credentialed person on C/D.

Old 12-30-2015, 05:17 PM

51 posts, read 73,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wannabeliber View Post
I hold every reasonable man/woman of every race as being 15x more respectable than a Koran-toting mosque-goer. At least your average black person, asian, white, Hindu, etc. can have civil or uncivil discourse without wanting to shoot and blow up everything like an Islamic Yosemite Sam.
Islam is a religion, not a race. Your point is invalid.

Old 12-30-2015, 05:22 PM

215 posts, read 185,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GigaImpact View Post
Islam is a religion, not a race. Your point is invalid.
Says you on the invalid part. You can infer that Koran-toting mosque-goers are unreasonable and there are countless interviews where they cannot even give reasonable explanations to defend against the charges put against their Prophet

I'll trust and befriend "your average member of [fill-in-the-blank] race" than trust and befriend what I call and differentiate from the average as "Koran-toting mosque-goer"

I could've added qualifier such as "As an American.."

Any further nitpicking is cowardice and shows an unwillingness to accept having to deal with a growing problem!

Old 12-30-2015, 05:22 PM

2,481 posts, read 2,233,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyadic View Post
It is pronounced "dahy-ad-ik" and stop being so sensitive. You're not the only credentialed person on C/D.
Mea culpa For mispronouncing your name...but 'DyaDick is just so....apropos and possibly prophetic.

Old 12-30-2015, 06:35 PM

231 posts, read 213,172 times
SJ wished that the shooters were White because he is sick and tired of seeing *his* people in the news for shooting people.

F*ck SJ!

Old 12-30-2015, 08:10 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,465,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
+1

THIS article covers more bases and I think explaines what he meant better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZdnOnydgIQ
Me thinks we don't need an "Article" to tell us "what he meant", "better". Especially when the "Article" you referenced above has the words at the top of the page.....

"Progressive, Liberal, Informative and Honest".

And the author describes himself as "Staunch Progressive. Helping to advance progressive causes, one post at a time."

uh huh.....

btw, myself and others are more than capable of reading what he said and making our own minds up on what he said. Not via a "progressive" or whatever filter/bias that supports your own opinion.

Old 12-30-2015, 08:40 PM

2,055 posts, read 1,447,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyadic View Post
They aren't Asian or black. They are white unless you intend to create another racial group. In my mind there is no such thing as race but because society likes to place people in groups ... they are definitely white.

Semitic.

El Nox

Old 12-30-2015, 09:26 PM

8,674 posts, read 22,910,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
Not white.
When we take mortgage loans, we are required to obtain ethnicity and race. I have always been taught the Arab States are considered South Asian.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sout..._ethnic_groups
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events