Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2016, 06:40 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,001,123 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda_d View Post
CRY ME A RIVER! Buy your own land and grow your own berries and create your own horse trails. See how much that costs you. That's what we do here in the East.

As for ATVs, keep the f'ng things on your own property; my brothers and I have had to put up gates and barriers on all our logging/farm roads to keep the jackasses out because they turn mud puddles into rutted ponds, tear up grassy hillsides, knock over seedling trees, and even ride across planted fields.

If you start a fire on your own property that gets out of control and spreads to somebody else's property, you're going to face fines and possibly jail anywhere in the US, especially if you set that fire to cover up illegal activity. You'll also get sued by your neighbor if the fire you started burns down your neighbor's garage.

I'm really getting sick and tired of westerners constantly whining about having to pay to use/exploit public lands for their own profit. If you don't want to deal with the federal government and its restrictions on using public lands, then buy your own land and be done with it. Don't tell me there aren't plenty of privately owned ranches in the West; it's just a lot cheaper to use federal lands rather than sink big $$$ into your own.
Except as I showed above quite a bit of land in the west is currently OWNED or CONTROLLED by the government.
Kind of hard to buy something that they're not making any more of now isn't it?

Old 01-12-2016, 06:43 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,001,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
I agree. It is easy for you to be unconcerned about arson because it in not in YOUR backyard. I think you would have a different view if it were where YOU live.
I'm sorry, I've LIVED where the U.S. Forest service repeatedly commits/committed arson, errr, backfires that went out of control, had to help friends evacuate and sucked smoke all summer long. You??

Old 01-12-2016, 06:50 PM

10,075 posts, read 7,536,844 times
seems like this thing is turning into a rebellion.... armed forces occupying us property... how are they not committing treason?

Old 01-12-2016, 06:55 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,254,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
Yeah well Fidel Castro started a revolution with 1200 men. And overthrew a governmrnt.
The population of Cuba was 6 million people.

Weren't there about 1200 truckers in a 'rolling protest' in DC a couple of years ago? So that was some coup! I think there were issues with traffic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
Ok so what's the answer? Local is worthless, state is worthless Feds are worthless. What's the solution?
Anarchy. Total and absolute anarchy.

Old 01-12-2016, 08:47 PM

2,014 posts, read 1,647,905 times
well get use to it america this is what happens when you give guns nuts power.

Old 01-12-2016, 08:50 PM

3,016 posts, read 3,908,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifijohn View Post
well get use to it america this is what happens when you give guns nuts power.

I know.

Its even worse though when gun nuts are given power AND badges.

Old 01-13-2016, 12:16 AM

3,727 posts, read 7,032,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
And now one of the "patriots" has stolen the donation money to get a hotel room and booze.

This gets more entertaining by the minute. I wish the discovery channel was doing a reality tv show with these goons.
I'd watch that!

Old 01-13-2016, 01:44 AM

15,293 posts, read 17,674,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda_d View Post
The Hammons got thrown in the pokey for arson. They set a brush fire on federal land to hide the fact that they were poaching wildlife, and at least one of their pals ratted them out. That they did this is not in question, and they may have even plead guilty. At any rate, they aren't part of this militia BS.

BTW, it's not "unconstitutional" for the federal government to own and manage land and/or to purchase land for a wildlife refuge or other use.
It may not be unconstitutional, but it is certainly illegal. The Malheur Refuge was stolen from the Paiute tribe. It is their reservation land by treaty.

Old 01-13-2016, 04:39 AM

5,162 posts, read 4,485,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
I'm sorry, I've LIVED where the U.S. Forest service repeatedly commits/committed arson, errr, backfires that went out of control, had to help friends evacuate and sucked smoke all summer long. You??
So did you like it?

Old 01-13-2016, 04:43 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,833,054 times
Yawn.........are those guys still there ? I kinda lost interest about 1 hour after they first showed up there. Let the winter and hunger work on them for a while, that will bring this fiasco to a quick end.

These idiots really thought this one through carefully, didn't they ?

Don
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events