Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2016, 12:18 PM

16,575 posts, read 8,596,154 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aslowdodge View Post
somehow I get the feeling when the couple got home the husband probably beat the crap out of her for starting the ruckus and escalating it where he got whupped.

Looking at that guy and his version of Whoopi Goldberg, I doubt he is going to be beating her up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Nox View Post
Do I see a lawsuit on the horizon ... or is it closer than that?

El Nox

Lawsuit
One of the dangers of dealing with people who have nothing is just that, they have nothing to lose.
Additionally why must everything involve a lawsuit. It was just two guys fighting, no one was killed or seriously injured, and life goes on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
That lady is trash & so is the guy in the worker vest. I feel bad for the boyfriend, he was totally calm throughout the whole thing & he gets punched for that.

I'd like to think I would have kept my cool and de-escalated the situation. At bare minimum I wouldn't have continued to jaw back and forth with the ignorant fool.
However if a woman is attempting to harm me in some fashion, I would make it clear to the boyfriend he had better get control of her, otherwise I would take it out on him.
Granted the boyfriend was saying chill in a mild voice, but he obviously didn't have what it took to get control of his girlfriend.
I therefore see no problem with the guy laying a whooping on the boyfriend. It is better than raising a hand to a woman. However he took it too far when he stopped punching him, and kicked him while he was still down.

Needless to say these individuals are fairly uncivilized.

`
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2016, 12:36 PM

902 posts, read 1,104,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Nox View Post
Do I see a lawsuit on the horizon ... or is it closer than that?

El Nox
Lawsuit?... So what would the prevailing party be awarded? the other ones baseball cap? their iPhone?

Old 01-28-2016, 12:36 PM

5,444 posts, read 6,990,459 times
You spit on me and I'll do my best to lay you the **** out. I don't care if you are male or female. I can tolerate obnoxious yelling and even some pushing, but saliva is where I draw the line.

This woman is extremely lucky all those punches weren't aimed at her own face. I do think that she should be charged with assault. Having said that, because the guy decided to take his anger out on the husband who was doing nothing, he also should be charged. Now, if he had laid the woman out, I would have chalked it up as self defense.

Old 01-28-2016, 01:57 PM

29,813 posts, read 24,895,387 times
Public transit in a busy American city is the very definition of hell on Earth. I feel sorry for what many of these people have to put up with.

Old 01-28-2016, 02:32 PM

1,793 posts, read 1,441,524 times
Different. Cultures.

Old 01-28-2016, 04:38 PM

16,575 posts, read 8,596,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by headingtoDenver View Post
You spit on me and I'll do my best to lay you the **** out. I don't care if you are male or female. I can tolerate obnoxious yelling and even some pushing, but saliva is where I draw the line.

This woman is extremely lucky all those punches weren't aimed at her own face. I do think that she should be charged with assault. Having said that, because the guy decided to take his anger out on the husband who was doing nothing, he also should be charged. Now, if he had laid the woman out, I would have chalked it up as self defense.
I am assuming you are a guy with my next comment.

Rest assured if you laid a woman out (note I did not say lady), even the obnoxious vile pig in the video, if I were there, you'd be the next one to hit the floor.
Where I come from, you do not raise a hand to a woman under any circumstances. Sure you can use defensive measures by deflecting blows/kicks, but if you start throwing punches/kicks, that is a different story all together.
Hence the reason I said in my earlier post, the boyfriend should have gotten control of his woman, or else face the consequences, as he did.

`

Old 01-28-2016, 04:42 PM

8,275 posts, read 7,944,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post

Rest assured if you laid a woman out (note I did not say lady), even the obnoxious vile pig in the video, if I were there, you'd be the next one to hit the floor.
Where I come from, you do not raise a hand to a woman under any circumstances. Sure you can use defensive measures by deflecting blows/kicks, but if you start throwing punches/kicks, that is a different story all together.
Hence the reason I said in my earlier post, the boyfriend should have gotten control of his woman, or else face the consequences, as he did.

`
Then you are part of the problem. If women want to be equal, then they need to be ready to get their *** beat if they do something that would result in a beating for a man. That "woman" needs a severe beating - doesn't matter by who.

Old 01-28-2016, 04:47 PM

5,444 posts, read 6,990,459 times
Quote:

`
And you would promptly be thrown in jail and I would have no problem suing you for damages. So, if you see me knock a woman out who just spit on me, if you feel froggy, leap and see what happens.

edit... also note in my post, I said I would have no problem ignoring pushing and such. But if she were to spit on me, it would be over for her.

Old 01-28-2016, 04:56 PM

632 posts, read 932,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by louie0406 View Post
I just broke up an argument and potential fight between a middle aged black woman and a white/latin woman yesterday evening. The train is absolutely packed and the black woman was complaining and shouting at the white woman about her elbow being pressed against her. I though to myself....."is this lady serious!" Its a packed train! The white lady turned around and told her "miss i'm sorry but the train is packed and there's nowhere for me to move. If comfort is what you want maybe you should take a taxi" LOL.

The black woman kept rambling on about how people have no manners, etc... I switched places with the other woman and whispered to her to just let it go as its not worth it to cause a scene and draw attention to yourself for something so petty. She nodded at me and said "you're absolutely right" and went about her way.

So what exactly was your point in mentioning the race of each person?

Old 01-28-2016, 07:28 PM

2,055 posts, read 1,448,105 times
Quote:
Lawsuit
One of the dangers of dealing with people who have nothing is just that, they have nothing to lose.
Additionally why must everything involve a lawsuit. It was just two guys fighting, no one was killed or seriously injured, and life goes on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by azsportpilot View Post
Lawsuit?... So what would the prevailing party be awarded? the other ones baseball cap? their iPhone?

You are both correct. My brain got locked into all the other frivolous lawsuits filed by person of color in hopes of hitting the lotto.

I consider myself duly counseled on the error of my ways.

El Nox
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events