Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2016, 12:57 PM

4,899 posts, read 3,559,162 times

Advertisements

the same movement that has been invited to the white house, met with certain presidential candidates are fostering a culture of DEATH THREATS over someone's opinion.

I Criticized Black Lives Matter And Got Death Threats
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2016, 01:09 PM

17,257 posts, read 15,458,474 times
While I strongly believe that BLM has gotten out of hand and is a far cry away from what it was originally meant to be, the "movement" comprises a vast array of individuals. There are BOUND to be a few knuckleheads who will respond in a threatening manner to one who voices a critical opinion of them.

I don't think "the movement" that was invited to the WH is responsible for this.

Old 01-27-2016, 01:17 PM

4,899 posts, read 3,559,162 times
Which is why the Occupy movement fizzled out and died. They couldn't reign in the extremists who turned the whole thing into an anti Jew campaign.

Old 01-27-2016, 01:37 PM

13,898 posts, read 6,456,666 times
But OMG, did you hear that militia guy say he would go down fighting? The Lefties cheered when he got shot for saying that.

Old 01-27-2016, 04:14 PM

2,495 posts, read 4,361,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
While I strongly believe that BLM has gotten out of hand and is a far cry away from what it was originally meant to be, the "movement" comprises a vast array of individuals. There are BOUND to be a few knuckleheads who will respond in a threatening manner to one who voices a critical opinion of them.

I don't think "the movement" that was invited to the WH is responsible for this.
Falling on deaf ears. They're nothing but a bunch of "thugs" according to some, while the armed militia group in Oregon that threatened the Feds are law abiding citizens that just need French vanilla creamer and hair conditioner to assist with their exploits.

Old 01-28-2016, 10:40 AM

50,893 posts, read 24,404,506 times
DeRay Mckesson was on "The Daily Show" a couple of nights ago. Seemed like a cooler head within the movement.

Old 01-28-2016, 10:59 AM

17,605 posts, read 13,393,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeastah View Post
the same movement that has been invited to the white house, met with certain presidential candidates are fostering a culture of DEATH THREATS over someone's opinion.

I Criticized Black Lives Matter And Got Death Threats
And, this my friends, is the world we live in today. Everyone is guilty until proven innocent and, right or wrong, racist groups always win

Old 01-28-2016, 11:08 AM

2,248 posts, read 2,352,097 times
Quote:

Glad to see someone with common sense. +1

Old 01-28-2016, 12:33 PM

78,506 posts, read 60,702,401 times
Quote:

I agree.

I never listen to extremists that try to discredit the positions or entire membership of groups like Occupy, Tea Party, NRA or BLM because one of them did something bad\stupid.

BLM is going to have difficulties because the parts of the country where they have the most issues with police are large urban areas where ironically there are plenty of black votes but only one party to vote for and on the other side...entrenched union interests.

I do think that if they can at least make some gains in terms of body-cams and better reviews and so forth that they will have at least made some progress.

Old 01-28-2016, 12:42 PM

5,461 posts, read 3,239,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
DeRay Mckesson was on "The Daily Show" a couple of nights ago. Seemed like a cooler head within the movement.
He's not. He portrays himself as Mr. Reasonable on TV but his tweets and interviews on the street show the other (real) side of him. He's a super radical Leftist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events