Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2016, 10:36 AM

2,495 posts, read 4,358,314 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyTwo View Post
Fair enough, but saying that guys comments were more disgusting than the actually crime is simply insane in my view.

Calling for him to be put down, yes its a bit harsh, but certainly not more despicable than the actual crime.
growing up, I was taught to respect my elders, so when I see clips like these, I realize there are several things in play here...one of which I suspect is lack of home training. Does that excuse the behavior, no. But I take that into consideration as no normal human being goes around attacking innocent people. For a grown, experienced retired cop to utter the words "put him down" tells me that he is worse than the "thug" because he is supposed to know better. Perhaps suggest a way to help misguided ...wait, you guys prefer "punk or thugs" like this kid become better citizens rather than just kill him. That's ridiculous.

So yes, I stand by my post that his comment is more despicable to me.

Old 02-06-2016, 10:39 AM

88,580 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
*Paterson
I was gonna say that, but it's spelled wrong on the YouTube video, too. People not from NJ (or familiar with signers of the Constitution lol) are just following suit.

Old 02-06-2016, 10:41 AM

16,072 posts, read 21,148,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Percentage View Post
This is obviously a mischievous young person behaving badly.
Wow, just wow. That kind of thinking certainly explains why so many young people have no concept of how to behave as a functional part of society. Mischief my backside, try a criminal act with intent to harm!

Old 02-06-2016, 10:43 AM

231 posts, read 213,346 times
Turn him loose is a Prison Yard full of 'lifers' and let them kick and beat him bloody!

Old 02-06-2016, 10:43 AM

862 posts, read 519,644 times
Quote:
growing up, I was taught to respect my elders, so when I see clips like these, I realize there are several things in play here...one of which I suspect is lack of home training. Does that excuse the behavior, no. But I take that into consideration as no normal human being goes around attacking innocent people. For a grown, experienced retired cop to utter the words "put him down" tells me that he is worse than the "thug" because he is supposed to know better. Perhaps suggest a way to help misguided ...wait, you guys prefer "punk or thugs" like this kid become better citizens rather than just kill him. That's ridiculous.

So yes, I stand by my post that his comment is more despicable to me.
Well then I stand by my comment asking what planet you are living on because that is simply not the way the world works.

Old 02-06-2016, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
Wow, just wow. That kind of thinking certainly explains why so many young people have no concept of how to behave as a functional part of society. Mischief my backside, try a criminal act with intent to harm!
I don't disagree with your description of his action but we have to acknowledge that something is not right with him outside of the silly "shoot em" mantra.

Old 02-06-2016, 10:54 AM

17,183 posts, read 22,916,488 times
Here's one who was shot:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=zjP39MS_GYk

and one killed although not when he was playing the game:

‘Knockout Game’ perp shot, killed

And one where the victim has help and then fights back (may not have been knockout game though):

Cops Reveal Crucial Detail in Vegas Video of Man Who Appears to Try to ‘Knock Woman Out’ | Video | TheBlaze.com

Old 02-06-2016, 11:06 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,489,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpencerMtn View Post
Disgusting! Even more disgusting is that this man couldn't legally possess a firearm, even if he had no criminal record, etc. and if he had produced a firearm he would be in more trouble than this punk, even if he didn't use it! Sick society!
"Sick" in the context that your firearm suggestion will likely be how that kid "ups" his game when he gets out of juvvie. The next old guy the kid encounters will probably never get up again.

Old 02-06-2016, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
+1

Isn't it ironic that so many people who consider themselves to be patriotic Americans would actually favor the types of penalties prescribed under Sharia Law?

If you questioned them directly about Sharia Law, they would curse and decry that Islamic code of laws, but--in reality--their own philosophies regarding both law and law enforcement are so similar to Sharia Law that there sometimes ceases to be a functional difference.

Hmmmm.......

well said. My sentiments exactly

Old 02-06-2016, 11:16 AM

20,330 posts, read 19,925,039 times
Quote:
This is obviously a mischievous young person behaving badly........
Did we watch the same vid? That young man is worse than a rabid animal.

As long as he stays in Patterson, meh, he's their problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events