Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2016, 07:19 AM

3,826 posts, read 3,388,167 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Horses kick Cats, 24-10.

Manning goes out on top.

Manning was a "game manager". Old "noodle arm" would have been benched at halftime for Brock Osweiller if their defense was not doing so well.

Old 02-08-2016, 07:25 AM

8,383 posts, read 4,367,951 times
Didn't care for Lady Gaga's national anthem. Didn't get the impression she was patriotic at all. Seems she just wanted to drag it out as long as possible for more face time. And the face ain't that great.

Old 02-08-2016, 07:32 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsRock View Post
Manning was a "game manager". Old "noodle arm" would have been benched at halftime for Brock Osweiller if their defense was not doing so well.
Tell me more.

Old 02-08-2016, 07:53 AM

7,840 posts, read 9,200,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1984 View Post
Happy for Manning and that Denver D if not Top 5 of all time is definitely Top 10, but that was some fairly boring football. Anybody saying the NFL is fixed needs to stop being a sore loser. Yeah those two challenge decisions were a bit sketchy, but they had 4 turnovers, missed tackles, and Newton on most of his passes wouldn't have hit the broadside of a barn. It is fairly simple...Denver outplayed and coached Carolina.
One of the most awesome defensive performances ever IMO!!! Carolina looked like a juggernaut coming in, and the Broncos just flat out whipped 'em.

I'm happy for Peyton, but I'm especially happy for the old guy that put that defense together: Wade Phillips. Ol' Wade will never be confused with a great head coach, but day'em! he can build a defense and a defensive game plan, and get his players to execute it!

The old adage "defense wins championships" proves true again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1984 View Post
Two big why questions the Panthers fans should be asking...
1) Why would they have Newton drop back 41 times against that Broncos pass rush and secondary? If they ran the ball and had Cam utilize his legs instead of arm they might have been able to wear down the Denver D.

2) Why didn't they get more aggressive on punts when Denver was pinned deep in their own end on 4th and long...
I think that the Broncos were committed to stopping the run and to containing Newton, and they did that. However, I think the real problem for the Panthers is that they were so dominant during the season and especially in the playoffs that they weren't mentally prepared to deal with adversity. They expected to come in and blow out the Broncos, and when that didn't happen, they seem to have lost focus and confidence.

Old 02-08-2016, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoot N Annie View Post
I took our two fur children outside during half time.
I loaded the dishwasher and read some email. I never watch the half time shows because I just don't like that kind of music. I like me some twang, steel guitar, and fiddle.

Old 02-08-2016, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Osweiller is a dud as a starter. Whether Peyton comes back or not next year, I think Osweiller is either gone from the Broncos or backups whoever is the starter. I watched that Week 17 game when Peyton came in for him, and Peyton's presence on the field immediately inspired both the Denver offense and defense. Denver became a totally different team with Peyton under center. That says that his teammates don't have any confidence at all in Osweiller being a capable QB. Elway and Kubiak, two ex-QBs, understand what they have -- and don't have -- in Osweiler.

Old 02-08-2016, 08:15 AM

3,440 posts, read 2,527,335 times
I think it came down to what everyone thought this game was going to be about, the young QB against the experienced QB. Manning played his game and Newton let the hype get to him, Denver as a team kept their head in the game and Carolina played a decent game but never settled down. Was disappointed in Newton's post game reaction, he's young, he's flamboyant, but players who show some class seem to stick around longer, they made it to the Super Bowl, that's a big deal, winning the grand prize is the ultimate, but if you play your game you own it, don't be a baby about it.

Old 02-08-2016, 08:16 AM

6,732 posts, read 5,173,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/people...025431745.html I made sure not to watch this POS. I don't support her or her drug dealin husband!!!
They don't care.

And then there's this:

https://www.facebook.com/DenverChann...3565388128271/

Old 02-08-2016, 08:23 AM

3,440 posts, read 2,527,335 times
Quote:
Hey, you can call him all the names you want, but his team won and he helped them get there. Don't miss the value of Manning, not many guys his age are still star players and he doesn't have the power of a young QB anymore, and he knows it, that's why he's adjusted his playing style over the past few years and that's given him extra time playing at the top.

Old 02-08-2016, 08:29 AM

8,390 posts, read 11,604,899 times
Amazing half time show, plus Lady Ga Ga sang the anthem beautifully. I actually shed a prideful tear during it.

"Taraji P. Henson's Tweet About Coldplay Slayed The Super Bowl"

Maroon 5, lol, um I know white people all look the same but she could have asked a friend before she tweeted it. lolololol
In the end we are all equal, and equally as stupid.

I'm so glad Manning came out with a win! Plus my Super Bowl BBQ was delish!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events