Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2016, 10:06 PM

11,655 posts, read 12,974,985 times

Advertisements

A four-year-old boy accused of multiple crimes, including four counts of murder, has been sentenced to life in imprisonment by an Egyptian court. Ahmed Mansour Karmi was sentenced in absentia by a western Cairo court on Tuesday over crimes he allegedly committed when he was just one year old. The boy had been accused of four counts of murder, eight of attempted murder, one count of vandalisation and one count of threatening soldiers and police officers.

The boy does sound extremely dangerous. At the same time, the court's verdict does seem primitive. So I'm not sure with who do I side with here.

Egyptian court sentences four-year-old to life imprisonment for murder - 9news.com.au
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2016, 10:27 PM

13,981 posts, read 25,973,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
A four-year-old boy accused of multiple crimes, including four counts of murder, has been sentenced to life in imprisonment by an Egyptian court. Ahmed Mansour Karmi was sentenced in absentia by a western Cairo court on Tuesday over crimes he allegedly committed when he was just one year old. The boy had been accused of four counts of murder, eight of attempted murder, one count of vandalisation and one count of threatening soldiers and police officers.

The boy does sound extremely dangerous. At the same time, the court's verdict does seem primitive. So I'm not sure with who do I side with here.

Egyptian court sentences four-year-old to life imprisonment for murder - 9news.com.au
Did you read the article? The child is guilty of nothing. How could you possibly be conflicted as to which "side" you are on?

Old 02-19-2016, 10:37 PM

12,883 posts, read 14,005,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post

How does he sound dangerous? He was ONE year old when the alleged crimes were committed. One year olds do not have the ability to think through committing a crime and know right from wrong... they're ONE. Absurd.

Old 02-19-2016, 10:43 PM

1,295 posts, read 1,185,039 times
Trolololol...yeah, 1 year old psychopaths with murderous inclinations are quite dangerous. And they're practically beyond any hope of rehabilitation by the time they're four, so it's best to lock them up and throw away the key.

Old 02-19-2016, 11:14 PM

6,455 posts, read 9,826,008 times
He's a bad kid on his way to worse things and the courts stopped it.

By 6 he would be pushing drugs, by 8 he would be running a brothel and pimping out his friends. By 10 he would have been involved in at least 3 police chases and multiple dui's.

Old 02-19-2016, 11:20 PM

8,069 posts, read 6,978,635 times
I don't get them though.

Why are they saying they didn't get his birth certificate on time?

Do people in Egypt get sentenced without even being present? Do they just mention their names in court? I mean it's not like they can't figure out the child is only 4 by just looking at him.

Old 02-19-2016, 11:20 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,548,114 times
That's some ONE YEAR old to have done all that.

I guess he was walking at that time and could say more than "mama" and "dada".

Old 02-19-2016, 11:21 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,539,866 times
I'm lost

Is it a wind up or true?

Old 02-20-2016, 12:07 AM

9,143 posts, read 5,811,006 times

(Has to be satire)

Old 02-20-2016, 12:11 AM

15,675 posts, read 11,539,866 times
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events