Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2016, 01:34 PM

29,535 posts, read 22,805,676 times

Advertisements

Unfortunate incident. The mother took her five kids with her to check on her boss's dogs at a breeding facility.

4 children mauled by 3 Great Danes in El Paso County - The Denver Post
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2016, 02:57 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,987,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Unfortunate incident. The mother took her five kids with her to check on her boss's dogs at a breeding facility.

Why did she take 5 children to this breeding facility? Did the children tease the dogs? Why were they alone with the dogs? Will the dogs be put down?

Very sad, but it seems it might have been preventable.

Old 02-21-2016, 06:57 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,916,972 times
Yes its quite sad

Old 02-21-2016, 07:10 PM

22,688 posts, read 24,703,153 times
Dog's are very predictable in their unpredictability.

Why take your little kiddies to a place that houses monster-dogs????

Old 02-21-2016, 07:23 PM

964 posts, read 998,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
Dog's are very predictable in their unpredictability.

Why take your little kiddies to a place that houses monster-dogs????
My guess is that she didn't want to get a baby-sitter for the kids or leave them at home alone. There was a somewhat similar tragedy when a mom left a small child at home with a pitt bull, while she went to work. They were living in a trailer, so a fairly confined space. Guess what happened to the child? Because the mom couldn't get a baby-sitter or afford daycare. And didn't want to leave the dog outside, tethered in the yard.

Old 02-21-2016, 07:47 PM

2,071 posts, read 2,217,546 times
FWIW, "Rush" Colorado isn't even a town, it is just the Post Office name for an extremely rural area that is populated mostly by about 200 people living in Single wide mobile homes. It is police no man's land at the edge of El Paso and Lincoln counties. The only people that live there are crazy and/or are trying to evade law enforcement. Major businesses are cattle ranching, meth production, welfare check depositing, and dog breading.

Old 02-22-2016, 06:55 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,290,700 times
Poor lil kids. Mom shouldn't have brought kids onto property. Three dogs is a pack...and people/kids are just other dogs to any dog. People forget that.

Mom has likely been around the dogs enough to be there taking care of them, but used extremely poor judgement leaving the kids alone with these dogs. Especially a breeding kennel...dogs become extremely aggressive in this sort of situation.

I hope these lil kids will be alright.

Old 02-22-2016, 07:06 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,974,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post

This is horrible!I wonder why the woman was not attending to the dogs and leaving the children with them..... I personally don't see how the owner would be in trouble for this, this was her job, seems 4 children on the job would be against work policy. Adding to the fact, the mother was neglectful with were the children and dogs were.

Many questions can arise here, were they endangering any pups the dogs were protecting, were the kids teasing them, many, many things could have brought this on.......I feel this solely lies in the mother's hands.

Old 02-22-2016, 07:30 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,590,027 times
She should of told her boss that taking care of HIS dogs isn't in her job description.

Old 02-22-2016, 08:38 AM

79 posts, read 54,195 times
The article is pretty vague and doesn't give details, so we don't know what the circumstances were surrounding her going out there other than it was for her "boss".

Still, I'm shocked the lady is dragging five kids around with her anywhere. Seems she can't afford child care but that doesn't stop her from breeding. Sorry not sorry, when I hear she has five kids I think "trashy breeder". I don't care if people who can afford children have as many as you like, but if you CAN'T afford them and drag five squallers around with you all the time, I'm gonna judge. I'm sure she is a joy at the mall, grocery store and everywhere else she drags them with her. Probably one of those mommy bloggers who doesn't know why people don't coo and awe when her brood runs around like monkeys on crack in public.

How was she even supposed to look after FIVE kids at a dog breeding facility. The place I worked at in Colorado had strict rules about no kids under 10 being anywhere near the kennels because many of the dogs were being boarded and the facility could not attest to their temperament. This woman is an idiot and it is obviously her own fault the children were bitten.

They never should have been there in the first place, and they wouldn't have been had mommy not felt entitled to drag the whole family to a damn dog kennel. Considering all those You Tube videos of parents smiling and laughing while their kid torments an obviously pissed off but tolerant dog, I'm gonna guess that the kids did something to set the dogs off and mommy thought it was "cute" - until the dogs actually started drawing blood.

Parents love to blame the animal when it's usually not the dogs fault at all, but the fault of the human who is anthropomorphizing the dog or projecting a dumb, lovey dovey mommy fantasy on the dog. "Oh Buster just loves playing with Billy!" the smiling mom in the YT video says while Buster displays major, obvious signs of stress and anger. Then when the dog has had enough and bites to get the kid to back off, Mommy Bear is enraged and demands the dog be put down because it's obviously "mean".

I really have no sympathy for idiots like this and it would not have happened at all if Mommy had gotten a babysitter or left them at daycare instead of dragging them to work with her. I'm sure her excuse is that she is saving money and can't afford childcare. Interesting how women with this many kids can't afford childcare yet still have no issues having another kid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events