Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2016, 01:33 AM

1,909 posts, read 2,051,870 times

Advertisements

Family finds dog bleeding from gunshot wound on front porch - KJRH.com

Quote:
An Owasso mother said her children came home from church to find their family dog bleeding from a gunshot wound on their front porch Wednesday night. A note from the Rogers County Sheriff's Office was attached to the door.
Quote:
Angie has home surveillance video that shows the incident. Three hours lapsed from the time the deputy shot Bruno to the time her children were dropped off from church.
ridiculous.

How can you excuse just shooting someones dog then leaving it there bleeding out.

Old 03-04-2016, 04:01 AM

16,378 posts, read 10,527,770 times
I am really upset at reading this. These dog shooting by the police are happening more and more and leaving the dog to bleed for hours is just cruel. The good news is folks are suing, and winnng, more often. This should wake up departments that they need better training.

I don't mean an officer should not do anything if threatened. But as we have seen so many of these shootings are unnecessary.

Last edited by DaveinMtAiry; 03-04-2016 at 04:46 AM..

Old 03-04-2016, 04:04 AM

7,588 posts, read 6,661,900 times
"Just to let you know, I shot your dog."

Uh... well... yeah, I can see that. The bleeding hole in the side of his chest tipped me off right away. My question is, why is he on my porch and not in a veterinarian's office? My other question is, would you prefer Burger King or Kentucky Fried Chicken as your next place of employment after I'm through suing your department for everything up to and including your supervisor's underwear?

Old 03-04-2016, 04:32 AM

56 posts, read 69,182 times
What IS it with these psycho cops? Do these cops just genuinely want to kill something and find dogs an easy target to get away with???

Old 03-04-2016, 04:44 AM

16,378 posts, read 10,527,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariez149 View Post
What IS it with these psycho cops? Do these cops just genuinely want to kill something and find dogs an easy target to get away with???
When they feel threatened they react. Again I get that, I don't expect an officer, or anyone else, to just stand there and get mauled.

Of course the problem is they often overreact and exaggerate the threat. We read story after story of this happening. We don't know the level of this threat but we know damned well leaving the dog to bleed for hours is just wrong.

Old 03-04-2016, 06:10 AM

2,055 posts, read 1,455,376 times
On another thread about a dog getting shot by the police chief while in a cage really set me off. I am normally pro-cop up until sheet like this happens. I could care less about the cop feeling "threatened". That lame azs excuse doesn't even pass the laugh test. This POS put this incredibly vicious man-eating dog on the porch while this barbaric wild animal with a killer instinct was still alive (pardon me whist I puke). What about vet? Did the 'I wanna pretend to be a cop' get a lobotomy before going to work that day? And a 'note on the door'... I am doing my best to avoid expletives so I will leave it at that. I agree with the posters who talked about trespassing and tazers but even that makes me question just how this attack dog was near the cop? I will end now and let my blood pressure go down. FOXTROT YANKEE you POS cop-pretender. I hope you get to meet bubba where they send you for animal cruelty.

El Nox

Old 03-04-2016, 06:30 AM

3,782 posts, read 4,276,014 times
I support the LE community, but this deputy was out of line, deserves at the minimum to be fired and set back to being a Mall Cop. Simple fact, some cowards should not be wearing uniform unless it says Janitor!
If a cop does that to one of my dogs, I sure hope he leaves his home address to make it easier to pay a visit. And I'll leave it at that!

Old 03-04-2016, 06:45 AM

4,504 posts, read 3,047,986 times
When are stupid people going to get the message that fences and leashes are their dogs' best friend?

Stupid people letting their dogs run loose in the neighborhood, crap happens.

I challenge anyone to find a person who loves animals, especially dogs, more than me, but come on, people! Nothing good is going to come of letting your dog have free reign.

Old 03-04-2016, 06:58 AM

26,661 posts, read 13,825,697 times
Horrible. I don't care if the officer was investigating a crime. You don't go into someone's fenced yard without looking first to see if there is a dog that might attack you. The dog was doing it's job, protecting the yard from intruders and doesn't know the difference between a cop and any other stranger. Since the cop ignored all common sense and went into the yard of a barking dog anyway, the least he could have done was get the dog to a vet or tracked down the homeowner. Instead he left the dog to bleed to death. It's lucky that it didn't happen and that the dog survived.

Old 03-04-2016, 08:19 AM

7,293 posts, read 4,116,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Horrible. I don't care if the officer was investigating a crime. You don't go into someone's fenced yard without looking first to see if there is a dog that might attack you. The dog was doing it's job, protecting the yard from intruders and doesn't know the difference between a cop and any other stranger. Since the cop ignored all common sense and went into the yard of a barking dog anyway, the least he could have done was get the dog to a vet or tracked down the homeowner. Instead he left the dog to bleed to death. It's lucky that it didn't happen and that the dog survived.
The article contains very few details.

Where did it say that the police officer entered a fenced yard of a barking dog?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events