Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2016, 08:25 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,749,226 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsBellaMia View Post
When are stupid people going to get the message that fences and leashes are their dogs' best friend?

Stupid people letting their dogs run loose in the neighborhood, crap happens.

I challenge anyone to find a person who loves animals, especially dogs, more than me, but come on, people! Nothing good is going to come of letting your dog have free reign.
Where in the article does it say that the dog was roaming freely?

Old 03-04-2016, 08:25 AM

4,504 posts, read 3,042,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Nox View Post
On another thread about a dog getting shot by the police chief while in a cage really set me off. I am normally pro-cop up until sheet like this happens. I could care less about the cop feeling "threatened". That lame azs excuse doesn't even pass the laugh test. This POS put this incredibly vicious man-eating dog on the porch while this barbaric wild animal with a killer instinct was still alive (pardon me whist I puke). What about vet? Did the 'I wanna pretend to be a cop' get a lobotomy before going to work that day? And a 'note on the door'... I am doing my best to avoid expletives so I will leave it at that. I agree with the posters who talked about trespassing and tazers but even that makes me question just how this attack dog was near the cop? I will end now and let my blood pressure go down. FOXTROT YANKEE you POS cop-pretender. I hope you get to meet bubba where they send you for animal cruelty.

El Nox
Do you seriously equate a dog in a cage with a charging German Shepherd barging off a front porch at someone getting out of his car? Seriously?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Where in the article does it say that the dog was roaming freely?
Look at the video. DOH! Damn!!

Old 03-04-2016, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
The article contains very few details.

Where did it say that the police officer entered a fenced yard of a barking dog?
Low information people are unable to look at videos and see what's in front of their faces.

The officer was getting out of his car and the dog charged him.

The dog was neither fenced nor leashed.

I don't blame the dog. I don't blame the officer. I blame stupid dog owners.

Old 03-04-2016, 08:31 AM

7,293 posts, read 4,109,877 times
Quote:
Low information people are unable to look at videos and see what's in front of their faces.

I don't watch videos, I read news articles.

Old 03-04-2016, 09:00 AM

11,110 posts, read 9,849,149 times
Quote:

Nonsense. The dog did what dogs do - they investigate strange people coming onto property. That includes going over to them.

I've had tons of dogs approach me. That's what dogs do. Now, I don't like it, because when I was a kid I was once jumped on and bitten by a St. Bernard. But that's my issue. I don't use that as an excuse to blow away dogs that approach me. And you know what? I haven't had an incident with a dog in the last forty years.

See, you don't get carte blanche to just shoot dogs when they approach you, especially on the property where the dog lives. Not in the real world. Not for real people. But slap a uniform on a person, and suddenly we have to coddle and excuse and rationalize what they do every time they immediately resort to lethal force to solve a problem? Well, count me out. I have no issue with law enforcement, per se. But I refuse to make any excuse for someone in uniform that I wouldn't make for any other person on the street. This idiot abused his power by deciding to solve a problem by blowing away an animal.

And then the miserable excuse for a human being walked away and left the animal to suffer, bleeding from a gunshot wound.

Old 03-04-2016, 09:03 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,273,830 times
How was the dog able to get out of his yard to the officer? Looks like officer was parking on the street.
Or did I miss something?

Old 03-04-2016, 09:05 AM

802 posts, read 645,153 times
Quote:
When are stupid people going to get the message that fences and leashes are their dogs' best friend?

Stupid people letting their dogs run loose in the neighborhood, crap happens.

I challenge anyone to find a person who loves animals, especially dogs, more than me, but come on, people! Nothing good is going to come of letting your dog have free reign.
Where does it say the dog was running loose? He was in his own yard!

Old 03-04-2016, 09:05 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,273,830 times
Quote:

Not a wise choice for owners allowing dog to run loose.

Old 03-04-2016, 09:15 AM

4,902 posts, read 4,228,986 times
It is a shame for the kids to come home and find an injured dog. If the dog had not been left out alone there would have never been this problem.

Old 03-04-2016, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
How was the dog able to get out of his yard to the officer? Looks like officer was parking on the street.
Or did I miss something?
You didn't miss anything. The dog was running loose and not confined or controlled. It charged at the officer as he was leaving his car.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events