Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2016, 05:03 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,462,548 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by catdad7x View Post
I know, and like I said, I don't care much for that so-called religion of peace.
What do you call the religion that leaves burning crosses on people's lawns, hangs people for being in the wrong part of town, and bombs children?

Oh, yeah. You call it the FRINGE group of that religion and indignantly claim that most of them aren't like that.

Poor kid. Terrible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2016, 05:51 PM

7,603 posts, read 6,108,062 times
Well One must consider the following passages, when dealing with religious extremists. It seems that written instructions are quite clear.

When you march up to attack a city, make its people an offer of peace. If they accept and open their gates, all the people in it shall be subject to forced labor and shall work for you. If they refuse to make peace and they engage you in battle, lay siege to that city. When Allah delivers it into your hand, put to the sword all the men in it. As for the women, the children, the livestock and everything else in the city, you may take these as plunder for yourselves. And you may use the plunder Allah gives you from your enemies. This is how you are to treat all the cities that are at a distance from you and do not belong to the nations nearby.
Deuteronomy 20:10-15

When men fight with one another, and the wife of the one draws near to rescue her husband from the hand of him who is beating him, and puts out her hand and seizes him by the private parts, then you shall cut off her hand Deuteronomy 25:11-12

'If a man commits adultery with another man's wife—with the wife of his neighbor—both the adulterer and the adulteress must be put to death. Leviticus 20:10

Old 03-10-2016, 08:50 PM

2,077 posts, read 2,022,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
But this is not the real Islam. Obama told us.
Funny I recall Ronald Reagan having them in the white house saying they were like our founding fathers and George W trying to tell us to get a grip that most of them were gentle people

Regardless I feel TERRIBLE for this poor child. TOTALLY ridiculous .

Old 03-10-2016, 09:15 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,127,367 times
ISIS baese it's Sharia upon wahabbi which id a heretical Madhab that formed in the mid 1800s. At which time the al-Saud family was exiled from Hijaz and Najd. In 1929 the Al-Saud Familu conqured Hijaz and Najd and formed the KSA (Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. The oil wealth that began developing in the 1930s allowed them to fund wahabbi. Which most of us consider heresy. -

There are only 4 Madhabs that are recognized as legal Sharia and none of them have any punishment for missing prayers. That is between the person and Allaah(swt) we human's have no way to know if some one has missed the obligatory prayers. For all we no the person could have said them silently in a secluded place. There is no obligation to say them in a Mosque.

ISIS is as much an enemy of Islam as they are of non-Muslims, probably even more so as most people they have killed have been Muslims.

I blame the al-Saud family to a large extent as it is their financing of the Wahabbi movement that made ISIS possible.

I am Muslim and like most Muslims I consider ISIS to be my enemy.

Last edited by Woodrow LI; 03-10-2016 at 09:29 PM..

Old 03-10-2016, 09:19 PM

179 posts, read 123,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catdad7x View Post
I have no love for the Muslim religion, but lets call these people what they really are- low-life thugs using religion as an excuse to kill.
Disagree. This really is what Islam is, and has been for over 800 years. I have a problem with the idea that a person's religion is somehow "protected" with the same level of enforced respect as what would be given to a persons gender, sexual orientation or race.

Religion is a choice, and when someone chooses to be, or remain, a part of a religion that has made a regular practice of beheading and other acts of terrorism and barbarism, it is entirely reasonable for a person to make a negative judgement about that person. I judge, or am prejudiced against, or have a bias against, all Muslims, 1st because of their choice to be a part of a religion that makes a regular practice of barbarism, and 2nd because as participants in that religion, so-called "good" Muslims have completely failed to control, repress and/or prevent the actions of their violent "fundamentalists". In fact it's quite the opposite. The biggest problem with Islam is that the average Muslim is in full denial of their role in participating in a sick, dangerous and barbaric religion. The lie and blather on & on about Islam being a religion of peace, with the same psychological depravity and denial of a hard-core drug-addict that fails to how dysfunctional they are.

Occassionally you find examples of healthy, normal people that wake up one day, realize how sick their religion is, and make a permanent break from it, but for the most part, most do not. Instead they deny the truth of their religion and try to distance themselves from a murderous dynamic that has been in regular practice since 1300 AD. I think 800 years of barbarism and inhumanity is enough. I also find that outsiders are so overly concern about offending people who are, by virtue of their decisions, participating in evil, that they will suppress simple, and common sense, declarative statements like this one. It's one of the primary reasons why the scourge of Islam is allowed to continue.

Old 03-10-2016, 09:38 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,127,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Donalds View Post
Disagree. This really is what Islam is, and has been for over 800 years. I have a problem with the idea that a person's religion is somehow "protected" with the same level of enforced respect as what would be given to a persons gender, sexual orientation or race.

Religion is a choice, and when someone chooses to be, or remain, a part of a religion that has made a regular practice of beheading and other acts of terrorism and barbarism, it is entirely reasonable for a person to make a negative judgement about that person. I judge, or am prejudiced against, or have a bias against, all Muslims, 1st because of their choice to be a part of a religion that makes a regular practice of barbarism, and 2nd because as participants in that religion, so-called "good" Muslims have completely failed to control, repress and/or prevent the actions of their violent "fundamentalists". In fact it's quite the opposite. The biggest problem with Islam is that the average Muslim is in full denial of their role in participating in a sick, dangerous and barbaric religion. The lie and blather on & on about Islam being a religion of peace, with the same psychological depravity and denial of a hard-core drug-addict that fails to how dysfunctional they are.

Occassionally you find examples of healthy, normal people that wake up one day, realize how sick their religion is, and make a permanent break from it, but for the most part, most do not. Instead they deny the truth of their religion and try to distance themselves from a murderous dynamic that has been in regular practice since 1300 AD. I think 800 years of barbarism and inhumanity is enough. I also find that outsiders are so overly concern about offending people who are, by virtue of their decisions, participating in evil, that they will suppress simple, and common sense, declarative statements like this one. It's one of the primary reasons why the scourge of Islam is allowed to continue.
Muslims are very indidual. The only thing you will find all Muslims agree upon is that we all believe is "There is only one God(swt) and only he is to be worshiped" However, hatred of ISIS is also widely shared by virtually all non-Wahabbi Muslims.

Old 03-10-2016, 11:07 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,949,000 times
Well that'll teach him to love Allah.

Old 03-11-2016, 02:57 AM

2,055 posts, read 1,452,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
Muslims are very indidual. The only thing you will find all Muslims agree upon is that we all believe is "There is only one God(swt) and only he is to be worshiped" However, hatred of ISIS is also widely shared by virtually all non-Wahabbi Muslims.
Woodrow, you know that I try to agree with what you say. As an infidel, I read your words (which sound good) but these words only make me question ... You (et al) HATE ISIS, but what are you doing about it? As I recall, isn't there a Sutra about 'Unfriendly Tribes'? As I sit back and look at it, non-Wahabbi's just talk and do nothing. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

El Nox

Old 03-11-2016, 04:09 AM

327 posts, read 470,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post
Well One must consider the following passages, when dealing with religious extremists. It seems that written instructions are quite clear.

When you march up to attack a city, make its people an offer of peace. If they accept and open their gates, all the people in it shall be subject to forced labor and shall work for you. If they refuse to make peace and they engage you in battle, lay siege to that city. When Allah delivers it into your hand, put to the sword all the men in it. As for the women, the children, the livestock and everything else in the city, you may take these as plunder for yourselves. And you may use the plunder Allah gives you from your enemies. This is how you are to treat all the cities that are at a distance from you and do not belong to the nations nearby.
Deuteronomy 20:10-15

When men fight with one another, and the wife of the one draws near to rescue her husband from the hand of him who is beating him, and puts out her hand and seizes him by the private parts, then you shall cut off her hand Deuteronomy 25:11-12

'If a man commits adultery with another man's wife—with the wife of his neighbor—both the adulterer and the adulteress must be put to death. Leviticus 20:10
Yeah the bible is infallible, unlike the Quran.

Here's just 3 random examples from the bible.

"I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man. She must be quiet." (1 Timothy 2:12)

"Go, now, attack Amalek, and deal with him and all that he has under the ban. Do not spare him, but kill men and women, children and infants, oxen and sheep, camels and asses." (1 Samuel 15:3)

"Now therefore, kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman who has known man intimately. "But all the girls who have not known man intimately, spare for yourselves." (Numbers 31:17-18)

I'm a Christian, but do I do this? Should we do this? Do we follow this? No. Don't do the same with Islam... the Bible is just as messed up and there are extreme christians as well.

Old 03-11-2016, 08:28 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,962,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neutrino78x View Post
btw...this story shouldn't fuel islamophobia either. Muslims have served in the US Armed Forces since the Revolutionary War. Many Muslims are currently in our Armed Forces.

And the people fighting ISIS on the ground are Muslims. The Kurds, for example. The Kurds love the USA and they share our ideas of the separation between church and state, and freedom. They don't require women to wear burqas and they allow women to drive and fight on the front lines in their Army. No Kurd has ever attacked the US Army or an American. And yes, the Kurds are Muslims.
I found this one time and no wonder Americans can not figure out who likes us, who hates us and who is biding their time to take us over..........Kurds are mainly Sunni Muslims and also Shia Muslims, Kurdish Christians, and Kurdish Jews; Arabs are mainly Shia, Sunni and Ismaili Muslims and also Christian and Jewish Arabs.

Then when we see how the refugees have treated the German people who have welcomed them with open arms, the question becomes stronger, "who are these people and what is their end game?"

The Kurds have always been the most interesting culture over there and seem to be the most rationale.

While interviewing a certain group of Americans, out of 10 people only one person admitted to wanting to know more about Sharia Law before she made a decision......the others said it sounded like a good idea!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events