Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2016, 07:17 AM

20,958 posts, read 45,404,950 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusPrime69 View Post
Oh please.... this is 2016.
If you live in a city and take public transportation, you can expect to hear a few cell conversations. . . GET OVER IT. . If u dont like it, then put in some ear buds and listen to some music.
In other words, I like to talk on my cell phone in public, I'm tied to the cell phone umbilical cord, and I don't want to hear that I'm being a pain to everyone around me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2016, 07:20 AM

5,390 posts, read 9,693,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasHorseLady View Post
In other words, I like to talk on my cell phone in public, I'm tied to the cell phone umbilical cord, and I don't want to hear that I'm being a pain to everyone around me.
No.
More like "I have business to take care of... and life happens and I sometimes make phone calls while I'm traveling instead of wasting time sitting silently on a train, I could be getting things done for work/personal life making efficient use of my time ...otherwise I waste my time just sitting there".... Again, get over it. Some people'e lives are busy enough that sitting on a train is the only time they have uninterrupted to where they can make phone calls.

Old 03-15-2016, 07:22 AM

35,703 posts, read 21,054,375 times
He won the Control Freak of the Month Award-- it's getting worse--- sigh

Old 03-15-2016, 07:29 AM

5,718 posts, read 7,259,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iaskwhy View Post
How is a cell phone conversation any worse than any other conversation?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post
BECAUSE A LOT OF PEOPLE CARRY ON THEIR CONVERSATIONS AT THE TOP OF THEIR YELLING VOICE!!!

Also, unless the person that you can hear talking is Bob Newhart, hearing half of a telephone conversation is considerably more annoying than hearing two people conversing (at reasonable volume).

Old 03-15-2016, 07:30 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,742,544 times
For all the cell phone nannies who get courage taking about they want a cell phone jammer to disrupt others use which is none of their business, this is for you.

Old 03-15-2016, 07:32 AM

13,496 posts, read 18,192,756 times
This man is a Living Saint.

Old 03-15-2016, 07:43 AM

11,411 posts, read 7,806,429 times
I have 2 words for this guy. EAR PLUGS.

Old 03-15-2016, 07:50 AM

11,760 posts, read 14,654,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydive Outlaw View Post
Can I get one that is set up to only jam Obama phones. I'm getting tired of people talking on those (acting like they have alot going on in their lives) when they are in line buying steak, ribs and salmon with their EBT (eatin' better today) cards.
Obama phones? No such thing.

I assume you're talking about the telephone lifeline program initiated under President Clinton, first applied to cell phones under President Bush, and continued by President Obama, right? Thanks for sharing your hateful rhetoric, though.

Old 03-15-2016, 07:50 AM

1,330 posts, read 1,540,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
I have 2 words for this guy. EAR PLUGS.
Agreed.....I use noise cancelling headphones when out shopping, etc.....there are no trains here but i'm sure i'd use them on the bus if I was a commuter. Yeah, i'm tethered to my phone, but I listen to rainshowers, music, white noise, podcasts....love it when shopping, I can browse leisurely, salespeople see my headset and don't ask me 50 billion questions and I don't have to listen to kids screaming their heads off

Old 03-15-2016, 08:07 AM

8,087 posts, read 9,839,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusPrime69 View Post
No.
More like "I have business to take care of... and life happens and I sometimes make phone calls while I'm traveling instead of wasting time sitting silently on a train, I could be getting things done for work/personal life making efficient use of my time ...otherwise I waste my time just sitting there".... Again, get over it. Some people'e lives are busy enough that sitting on a train is the only time they have uninterrupted to where they can make phone calls.
Sounds good so long as you have consideration for others around you in terms of the decibel range you are using. It has to be win-win not win-lose.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events