Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2016, 06:39 PM

3,190 posts, read 3,192,216 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
Where have I heard the word "savages" used before? Hmmmmmm.... Well. I guess I better get used to saying president trump. I will be sure to prepare my son's for perpetual war in some dusty battlefield. What good times he has to look FWD to. Can't we try a dif approach besides more bombs? They bomb.... We drop bigger bombs. What's the answer? Genocide against all Arabs and persians and North Africans and indonisians and European Muslims and ....... (Billions of people)...? Tell me. What's the answer. ?
Insinuating that calling these terrorists savages makes us racist just exemplified how foolish liberals are being. And I am a liberal. I want Bernie Sanders to be POTUS. But I'm also not a fool. This is a clash of cultures. A clash of right and wrong. Some cultures are inferior to others, and some cultures are dangerous. Muslims live like the world never advanced past 800 AD and demand that the rest of the world to be just like them. Even the vast majority of "moderate" Muslims support things like honor killings, female genital mutilation, and Sharia Law. You cannot coddle extremists and you cannot tolerate intolerance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2016, 06:41 PM

3,190 posts, read 3,192,216 times
Quote:
Please tell me what you can't say? Ok. Call the police when you see somebody with a big beard or turban... Dreadlocks? Scarf? Strange language you don't know? Please tell me what I am supposed to call and report? My neighbor got a new car. Should I call? He is kind of dark and sometimes his wife wears a scarf or hat. He could be Mexican as well. Shudder...
More nonsense. It's not Mexicans or scarf-wearers committing these acts of terror, it's Muslims. If Muslims were just one of many groups of people committing these acts of terror around the world you might have a point. But that's not reality.

Old 03-22-2016, 06:42 PM

12,022 posts, read 11,606,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
Northeastah.

They're there. I read awhile back they're all over south America.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam_in_Mexico
Their problem is the US-backed death squads and the war on drugs. Sound familiar?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_A...gration_crisis

Old 03-22-2016, 07:06 PM

2,416 posts, read 2,029,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MordinSolus View Post
Insinuating that calling these terrorists savages makes us racist just exemplified how foolish liberals are being. And I am a liberal. I want Bernie Sanders to be POTUS. But I'm also not a fool. This is a clash of cultures. A clash of right and wrong. Some cultures are inferior to others, and some cultures are dangerous. Muslims live like the world never advanced past 800 AD and demand that the rest of the world to be just like them. Even the vast majority of "moderate" Muslims support things like honor killings, female genital mutilation, and Sharia Law. You cannot coddle extremists and you cannot tolerate intolerance.
Yes and yes. Why engage in cultural relativism? Non-secularized Muslims are largely stuck in the 7th century.
It's no small paradox that so-called IS and its cohorts depend on the infidels' technology. Why? Because they're not capable of making anything themselves.

Old 03-22-2016, 07:09 PM

7,473 posts, read 4,029,733 times
Quote:
Please tell me what you can't say? Ok. Call the police when you see somebody with a big beard or turban... Dreadlocks? Scarf? Strange language you don't know? Please tell me what I am supposed to call and report? My neighbor got a new car. Should I call? He is kind of dark and sometimes his wife wears a scarf or hat. He could be Mexican as well. Shudder...
best bet is just keep a spare clip........

Old 03-22-2016, 07:56 PM

13,595 posts, read 10,010,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySead View Post
Yet we love Japan, never call them Islamaphobs, and this is how they've felt for years.

Japan officially forbids exhorting people to adopt the religion of Islam (Dawah), and any Muslim who actively encourages conversion to Islam is seen as proselytizing to a foreign and undesirable culture. Too active “promoters of Islam†face deportation- and sometimes even a jail sentence.
The Arabic language is taught by very few academic institutes; I could find only one such institute: The Arabic Islamic Institute in Tokyo. But even the International University of Japan in Tokyo does not offer courses on Arabic or Islamic languages.
Importing the Koran in Arabic is practically impossible, and the only one permitted is the “adapted†version in Japanese.
Until recently, there were only two mosques in Japan: Tokyo Jama Masjid and Kobe Mosque. Now, the total number of Muslim praying sites in Japan is counted in some 30 single story mosques and about a hundred apartment rooms set aside for prayers.
And Japanese society expects Muslims to pray at home: no collective “prostrating†in the streets or squares; in Japan, for such “shows†the actors can get pretty high fines, and in those cases Japanese Police consider “seriousâ€, the participants can be deported.
Quite often, Japanese companies seeking foreign workers specifically note that they are not interested in Muslims.
Islamic Terrorism: Why There Is None in Japan » Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!

Can you imagine if we tried ANY of this here? The streets would be flooded with protesters and buildings would be a blaze.
Well sure, and quite rightly so, considering the Muslms in my neighborhood are African Americans who have been here for generations and have as much right to practice their religion as you.

Old 03-22-2016, 08:20 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,063,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
jimj

Maybe we need to take a different road. Or maybe it's just too late. I don't know what the answer is either.

I do know however that French warplanes were over Syria and Iraq and Libya and there was a bombing in Paris. America had 9/11. Brussels is NATO HQ.

This latest didn't happen in Mexico City.

See a pattern here?

Prolly not.
And yet reports say that Belgium will NOT crack down on Jihadists or anyone else for that matter after this bombing.

Why you might ask? Because they're afraid that if they do there'll be terrorist bombings.
They've done NOTHING but welcome these animals in with open arms and this is how they're repaid?
And then you have the audacity to say "well, well, it's because they happen to house NATO headquarters.
I'm sorry, it's time for the far left to WAKE UP and smell the cordite.

Old 03-22-2016, 08:46 PM

2,222 posts, read 2,351,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
And yet reports say that Belgium will NOT crack down on Jihadists or anyone else for that matter after this bombing.

Why you might ask? Because they're afraid that if they do there'll be terrorist bombings.
They've done NOTHING but welcome these animals in with open arms and this is how they're repaid?
And then you have the audacity to say "well, well, it's because they happen to house NATO headquarters.
I'm sorry, it's time for the far left to WAKE UP and smell the cordite.

The Jihadists have got to love this form of logic, it makes their Jihad so easy !

Belgium will change their minds once their necks get sore from turning the other cheek over and over and their city looks like a burned out hell.
Hopefully the immigrants are willing to go to work at low wages to rebuild it.

Old 03-22-2016, 09:01 PM

8,105 posts, read 6,772,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloforLife View Post
See something, say something! Wait, people nowadays have their heads in their phones. Totally engrossed. Won't be able to see any unusual dress or behavior.
I like see something sight something, much better...

Old 03-22-2016, 09:04 PM

1,875 posts, read 1,330,778 times
If Muslims were guns.........

think about it... what do you think the liberals would be saying...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events