Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2016, 05:57 AM

4,345 posts, read 2,805,971 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
No, you do fight an ideology with an army. I disagree. I think the United States and the civilized countries of Europe should completely and utterly occupy the Middle East and destroy every last vestige of this scourge. I'm not talking 10,000 or 20,000 troops on a limited mission. I am talking destruction, annihilation, and occupation. The old fashioned way of winning wars against insane countries and peoples. When Japan and Germany went mad, we stopped it. This is a much smaller project, because the countries we would be subjugating are small and militarily puny.

Ultimately, peace will not come until this enemy is destroyed, physically and militarily. This is why you maintain armed forces - to take out enemies who are bent on your destruction. They are bombing our cities, we need to put an end to it. Not a pause, not an interlude, an END. Nothing short of a complete invasion is going to stop this.

There is a time for diplomacy and negotiation. There is a time for all out war. This is a time for all out war. They've already declared it. Where are we?
Stalin said that death solves everything: no man, no problem. He was on to something.

We should occupy Syria and Iraq the way the winners occupied Germany after WWII. They rooted out the vestiges of Nazism, rounded up important Nazis, installed democratic leaders (except in the East where the Russians installed a communist puppet). Over a generation or two, normalcy was restored. The important thing is that there was a normalcy to restore.

This worked in Germany but won't in Syraq. There people have been fighting and terrorizing each other since before history. And they've been worse to their neighbors. It's their way of life and no other seems possible. A much longer, much more comprehensive, thorough occupation is necessary.

All weapons must be seized, obviously. But so must any chemical that can be made into a bomb: hydrogen peroxide, ammonium nitrate. All stores of gasoline and other petrol products must be under the control of the occupying forces. All motor vehicles must be seized. No travel outside of a native's village can be allowed without a pass. Curfew must be enforced from dusk to dawn. Cell phones and computers must be confiscated.

Finally, a homeland must be created out of Syraq for the Moslems of Europe who no longer wish to live there when the practice of their religion is forbidden.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2016, 06:19 AM

5,162 posts, read 4,502,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctic_gardener View Post
Wow. Just wow.

Have you not been reading the news over the last twenty years? India, Russia and Israel are probably the only countries in the world that have been sincere in combating Islamic extremism. Go look it up; a simple Google search will provide all the information you require.
So I have to do a search because you do not know? I know that India has had internal problems with Muslim and other groups. That does not mean they have been "Fighting Islamic Extremism". What have they been doing worldwide?

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctic_gardener View Post
I agree. I never said we were as competent as the U.S, just more sincere. It's too bad that the U.S, with all its resources, can't be a more reliable ally. India made a clusterf%%k of its response to the 2008 attacks and our special forces are nowhere as competent as the Seals or the Israeli Sayeret Matkal.
It is easy to sit back in your country that does nothing to very little on the global scale, reading the American Internet every day, and criticize those countries that do take action.

The truth is that the United States does more by accident than India does on purpose. It is easy to criticize the US for taking the wrong side, because the US takes a side and India does not, but the fact is there are very few situations where there is a good side.

Look at WWII. The US worked with Stalin. Not because they liked Stalin or supported everything he was doing but because they viewed Nazi Germany as a greater threat.

Some day when, if?, India enters the world stage they will see that it is not that easy. I believe there will be problems with China at some point. I think the US should stay out of the India business.

Quote:
Originally Posted by modernist1 View Post
India is a logical ally - the world's largest democracy.
If that is true why is India NOT an ally of the US? What do they have to offer and ally?

Old 03-24-2016, 08:07 AM

5,462 posts, read 3,047,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
Why don't the civilized countries in Europe and the United States simply occupy and obliterate the entire ISIS presence in the Middle East. This would take a few weeks of destruction with troops on the ground and a determined and focused plan. Why are we putting up with this crap? We can erase this, and it would be a trivial operation for our military forces.
NATO has been trying since 2001 isnt it??

Old 03-24-2016, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
So I have to do a search because you do not know? I know that India has had internal problems with Muslim and other groups. That does not mean they have been "Fighting Islamic Extremism". What have they been doing worldwide?

It is easy to sit back in your country that does nothing to very little on the global scale, reading the American Internet every day, and criticize those countries that do take action.

If that is true why is India NOT an ally of the US? What do they have to offer and ally?
Simple. India is not an US ally because, she s a Russian ally.

Just assume Canada was Communist and Mexico was 99% Muslim. They would have been wiped off the map long time ago.

There is also another way to fight extremism - that is by making peace or atleast leaving them alone . India has diplomatic missions all over the world and is friendly with every country in the world (despite not even being a Muslim or Christian country) .

Old 03-24-2016, 08:44 AM

13,596 posts, read 10,015,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySead View Post
My guess is you don't really have a logical answer since you've swung the emotional pendulum so far to the left that it would be ridiculous to take it seriously. I know, I know, if it's not a "love all" situation with open borders then the only other way would be going down the Anti-Christs drive. Ok, I got it, I'm the Anti Christs. Or any other label you use to avoid talking about real solutions.
Let us revisit the post of yours that started this conversation. Your question was "can you imagine if we started that here?" Yes buildings would be ablaze and people would protest. Again, quite rightly so.

You seem to admire this approach. Yet there are thousands of generational Americans who practice Islam that have nothing to do with the Middle East or terrorists or anything of that nature.

So you are proposing stripping people of their religious liberty, which goes against America and everything it stands for.

And you call me extreme? Lol I'm just taking your idea to its logical conclusion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySead View Post
Yet we love Japan, never call them Islamaphobs, and this is how they've felt for years.

Japan officially forbids exhorting people to adopt the religion of Islam (Dawah), and any Muslim who actively encourages conversion to Islam is seen as proselytizing to a foreign and undesirable culture. Too active “promoters of Islam†face deportation- and sometimes even a jail sentence.
The Arabic language is taught by very few academic institutes; I could find only one such institute: The Arabic Islamic Institute in Tokyo. But even the International University of Japan in Tokyo does not offer courses on Arabic or Islamic languages.
Importing the Koran in Arabic is practically impossible, and the only one permitted is the “adapted†version in Japanese.
Until recently, there were only two mosques in Japan: Tokyo Jama Masjid and Kobe Mosque. Now, the total number of Muslim praying sites in Japan is counted in some 30 single story mosques and about a hundred apartment rooms set aside for prayers.
And Japanese society expects Muslims to pray at home: no collective “prostrating†in the streets or squares; in Japan, for such “shows†the actors can get pretty high fines, and in those cases Japanese Police consider “seriousâ€, the participants can be deported.
Quite often, Japanese companies seeking foreign workers specifically note that they are not interested in Muslims.
Islamic Terrorism: Why There Is None in Japan » Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!

Can you imagine if we tried ANY of this here? The streets would be flooded with protesters and buildings would be a blaze.

Old 03-24-2016, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
Those guys aren't the problem, they assimilated into the community a long time ago. The problem lies with the newer waves who refuse to assimilate. Like the father who killed his daughters, Sarah and Amina Said. I have no patience for it.
Agreed. But few people make the distinction, and furthermore, paint all Muslims with the same brush.

And I'll go one further, given that AA Muslim's families have been here for generations, probably longer than most of us, assimilate is not the right term. They are already the American community. Just not your standard Christian version thereof.

They are simply Americans practicing their religion of choice.

Old 03-24-2016, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanv3 View Post
Simple. India is not an US ally because, she s a Russian ally.

Just assume Canada was Communist and Mexico was 99% Muslim. They would have been wiped off the map long time ago.

There is also another way to fight extremism - that is by making peace or atleast leaving them alone . India has diplomatic missions all over the world and is friendly with every country in the world (despite not even being a Muslim or Christian country) .
The poster I was responding to was responding to said "India, Russia and Israel are probably the only countries in the world that have been sincere in combating Islamic extremism.".

I do not think he meant friendly missions.

Old 03-24-2016, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Agreed. But few people make the distinction, and furthermore, paint all Muslims with the same brush.

And I'll go one further, given that AA Muslim's families have been here for generations, probably longer than most of us, assimilate is not the right term. They are already the American community. Just not your standard Christian version thereof.

They are simply Americans practicing their religion of choice.
Like in San Bernadino.

Old 03-24-2016, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Like in San Bernadino.
No. Not like in San Bernadino.

The African Americans I'm talking about have no ties to Middle East extremists.

Old 03-24-2016, 09:25 AM

Quote:
The poster I was responding to was responding to said "India, Russia and Israel are probably the only countries in the world that have been sincere in combating Islamic extremism.".

I do not think he meant friendly missions.
All those countries fight legitimate threats within their country or in their borders. And mind you all of those countries have significant Muslim population and they are treated well. That is why they dont have to deal with extremism.

US also treats all its citizens equally well, but its these unneccessary wars world wide draw condemnation and hate.

I repeat think Canada as a powerful Commie and Mexico as a Muslim dictatorship, US will have no time for wars outside. It will have to safeguard its borders first..And that is what those countries are doing...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events