Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2016, 08:06 PM

16 posts, read 14,034 times

Advertisements

Husband hints daughter and boyfriend are responsible for wife's murder | Daily Mail Online
Quote:
A grieving husband has hinted that his teenage daughter and her boyfriend are responsible for the brutal murder of his wife – adding he hates the 15-year-old girl.

Rhonda Oakley, 52, was found dead by her 13-year-old stepson inside her home in Danville, Kentucky, on September 1.

That day, her stepdaughter Jenna Oakley went missing.

She was found two days later in her mother's car with her 21-year-old boyfriend Kenneth Nigh nearly 1,200 miles away in a motel parking lot in Tucumcari, New Mexico.

State police have previously said they are not looking for any suspects in the case.
Do you blame the dad for now hating his own daughter? What's the deal with these young teen girls fascination with much older men? Even to the point they will kill or do something especially horrible? This certainly isn't the first time a young teen girl has gotten involved with a much older man and did something like this.

As it stands though I really hope this girl is tried as an adult and doesn't get any slack, she deserves as much prison time as the guy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2016, 12:58 AM

7,588 posts, read 6,623,138 times
I live in that town. It's stunning how many people here are complete morons, with no critical thinking skills whatsoever. The level of ignorance is appalling.

You'd be shocked at how many just plain stupid crimes are committed in towns like this every day. People are so dumb that things like this actually seem like a stroke of genius to them. As horrifying as this was, I wasn't the least bit surprised by it.

As for the father, no - how could I blame him? I'd be amazed if he didn't hate her. How could he not?

Old 09-15-2016, 06:50 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,825,082 times
I dont blame the dad @ all........

I wish I could give him a big hug,I reckon he needs it!!

Old 09-15-2016, 10:27 PM

22,653 posts, read 24,575,170 times
Families fall apart all the time for a lot less than what happened in this story.

Old 09-16-2016, 12:05 AM

13,709 posts, read 21,909,282 times
Wait. What is this issue here again? The father hating the daughter? The daughter not being charged? The boyfriend taking a minor across state lines and commiting statutory rape? The 11 year old boy being traumatized for life?

I'm a bit confused ...

Old 09-16-2016, 03:08 AM

1,209 posts, read 1,424,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsboy View Post
Wait. What is this issue here again? The father hating the daughter? The daughter not being charged? The boyfriend taking a minor across state lines and commiting statutory rape? The 11 year old boy being traumatized for life?

I'm a bit confused ...
Yes. This is City-Data. Outrage and disgust for all!

Old 09-28-2016, 02:14 PM

1,644 posts, read 1,662,714 times
I don't blame the dad at all for hating her if she did indeed kill the stepmom.

Old 09-29-2016, 11:29 AM

2,270 posts, read 4,121,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. In-Between View Post
I live in that town. It's stunning how many people here are complete morons, with no critical thinking skills whatsoever. The level of ignorance is appalling.

You'd be shocked at how many just plain stupid crimes are committed in towns like this every day. People are so dumb that things like this actually seem like a stroke of genius to them. As horrifying as this was, I wasn't the least bit surprised by it.

As for the father, no - how could I blame him? I'd be amazed if he didn't hate her. How could he not?
My son's team used to wrestle Danville and there was some pretty bad behavior from the boys AND the parents. They had a "win at any cost" and poor sport behavior.

As far as this story the man must be heart broken; of course he hates this girl.

Old 09-30-2016, 12:35 PM

8,208 posts, read 3,479,506 times
It's my understanding that the young man had been her boyfriend when she lived with her mother. The mother shipped her off to live with the father to get her away from the boyfriend because she didn't approve and the girl kept sneaking to meet him anyway. So, that didn't work. The two still hooked up, but now the father's new wife is murdered and the car was stolen. This summary is based upon what I've seen family members post online after news articles related to the subject.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events