Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2016, 02:04 PM

4,795 posts, read 4,820,036 times

Advertisements

Philadelphia student caught on camera in a violent fist-fight with his teacher | Daily Mail Online

This stuff is getting old. And I'm sure the teacher is going to get fired over this. I would have knocked that kid unconscious. I don't know what is wrong with our youth these days. Well I do people with no right to have kids keep having kids
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2016, 02:39 PM

1,156 posts, read 1,967,367 times
It is a combination of lazy parenting, CYS/CPS/whatever overstepping harassing decent parents and even schools are to blame when they do the everyone is a winner no one can do wrong crap that happens today. Kids and teens these days can get away with so much more than they used to because the parents are either unwilling to, or are too damn scared to discipline them.

Old 09-21-2016, 04:09 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,509,477 times
My teachers used to lock the door. If you were late you couldn't get in and the hall monitors would send you to the office

Old 09-21-2016, 05:27 PM

11,339 posts, read 16,693,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
My teachers used to lock the door. If you were late you couldn't get in and the hall monitors would send you to the office
That's when kids had respect for their elders.

Old 09-21-2016, 07:02 PM

2,305 posts, read 2,407,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post
That's when kids had respect for their elders.
Kids don't respect their elders because in many situations the elders have no jobs, have no future, aren't role models, have nothing to teach their kids by way of example. The kids know that this perma-poverty of living on government handouts is their future. Authority figures and respect are meaningless when all you need is to breathe to collect from the government.

Even the crappiest assembly-line job that gives a steady paycheck to a parent instills more value and respect in kids than a good handout.

Old 09-21-2016, 09:34 PM

2,914 posts, read 2,686,980 times
World Star!

Old 09-22-2016, 03:01 AM

5,788 posts, read 5,101,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuptag View Post
Kids don't respect their elders because in many situations the elders have no jobs, have no future, aren't role models, have nothing to teach their kids by way of example. The kids know that this perma-poverty of living on government handouts is their future. Authority figures and respect are meaningless when all you need is to breathe to collect from the government.

Even the crappiest assembly-line job that gives a steady paycheck to a parent instills more value and respect in kids than a good handout.
Agree here. Many of my stereotypical assumptions were proven valid when I watched the video.

Old 09-22-2016, 04:42 AM

11,198 posts, read 9,077,806 times
Bad Parenting - Due to people who have no business having kids...having kids. These "parents" also believe its the teacher's job to raise their kids. The teacher's job is to educate your kids on different educational subjects.

Old 09-22-2016, 05:42 AM

10,350 posts, read 13,928,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuptag View Post

This is exactly it. Parents who just reproduce and have no values. I hope the teacher presses charges.

Old 09-22-2016, 07:45 AM

14,785 posts, read 24,073,706 times
I do believe it is cps and the state welfare people creating a mess when they tell parents oh you cant spank your kids and etc ....No I'm sorry but that state and cps aint feeding my kids or keeping a roof over their head and I spanked mine and they have never been in any legal trouble etc and they hold good jobs and have decent homes which they own . I would have also knocked that kid unconscious maybe mama and daddy should have done a better job . Sorry but some people should have a license to have a kid . Give me the day when all you had to do as a parent is give your kid the evil eye and they straightened right up . My old man would have taken that kid to the woodshed . I knew when my dad took his belt off , look out , that s right my dad used his belt when one of us acted up and we knew better . And guess what none of us ended up in jail or in legal trouble . Amazing isn't it ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events