Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2016, 07:56 AM

10,352 posts, read 7,977,886 times

Advertisements

I feel so sorry for the driver. Can you imagine living with the knowledge that you killed someone while driving, despite not doing anything wrong?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2016, 11:00 AM

1,201 posts, read 1,222,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post
Darwin.

yup it finally solves problems.

Old 10-13-2016, 11:09 AM

903 posts, read 582,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aredhel View Post
I feel so sorry for the driver. Can you imagine living with the knowledge that you killed someone while driving, despite not doing anything wrong?
^^This

It is one thing to do stupid things that just cause you harm, but now someone has to live with your death. A previous neighbor or ours hit someone that decided to take their life by walking out in front of his car on the freeway. As far as I know, the neighbor never really recovered from that. I do know his marriage didn't survive.

If we would just take 3 seconds to think about the ramification if any decision were to go awry, we would make so many different decisions.

Old 10-13-2016, 11:54 AM

2,077 posts, read 2,016,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post
Darwin.
I get so tired of the over usage of the word "Darwin" on this forum .It's not funny or smart or hip . We know who he was and what he had to say .

Regardless of what a lot of you here seem to think, this was someones kid . We were ALL teenagers once and some are still acting like that now.

Old 10-13-2016, 12:00 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,433,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
Pretty impressive when you can do it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAmq0sxLEDM
I'm never impressed by stupid.

Old 10-13-2016, 12:08 PM

5,444 posts, read 6,987,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchessCottonPuff View Post
I get so tired of the over usage of the word "Darwin" on this forum .It's not funny or smart or hip . We know who he was and what he had to say .

Regardless of what a lot of you here seem to think, this was someones kid . We were ALL teenagers once and some are still acting like that now.
As far as I remember, when I was a teenager, I was never stupid enough to try and jump over a moving car. I feel sorry for the parents who have to live knowing that they raised a complete moron.

Old 10-13-2016, 01:04 PM

17,137 posts, read 15,341,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
I'm never impressed by stupid.
Completely agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by headingtoDenver View Post
As far as I remember, when I was a teenager, I was never stupid enough to try and jump over a moving car. I feel sorry for the parents who have to live knowing that they raised a complete moron.

Old 10-13-2016, 01:07 PM

1,995 posts, read 2,075,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aredhel View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisCD View Post
^^This

It is one thing to do stupid things that just cause you harm, but now someone has to live with your death. A previous neighbor or ours hit someone that decided to take their life by walking out in front of his car on the freeway. As far as I know, the neighbor never really recovered from that. I do know his marriage didn't survive.

If we would just take 3 seconds to think about the ramification if any decision were to go awry, we would make so many different decisions.
The article said it was him and his friends doing it, and "that its all about the timing". Not sure if it was already assumed, but I'm pretty sure that was his friend driving the car, (friends were either doing it too, in which they would need a car (couldn't do it to cars randomly or they may swerve or slam on the brakes) and either taking turns or he was the only one jumping). The police don't want to say how fast the car was going, but I would think you would want them going just slow enough that you can still judge the speed to time it, but as fast as frickin possible to clear it. Then you wonder if he was 16 how old were his friends, and if they were driving, how experienced could they have been. Could they have done something small that would have mattered (like maybe only keeping one hand on the wheel, going really fast and not keeping it perfectly straight)....

They are not sure if there are going to be charges... Its manslaughter at worst (no pun intended )
I have a hard time hoping there are charges against the driver.. It was extremely stupid on both there parts, but its not like he ran him down.

Old 10-13-2016, 01:16 PM

16,715 posts, read 19,400,390 times
Another Darwin Award candidate. Why in the world would they retire his number? It's not like he died for his country or anything.

Old 10-13-2016, 01:17 PM

2,411 posts, read 1,973,733 times
I do feel sorry for the parents because they lost their son, but, it seems to me that raising a complete moron is somewhat the parent's fault too in many cases.

I know kids think they are immortal but if you talk to them whenever there is an opportunity (and it seems there are loads of those these days) to 'teach'/discuss (from the time they are very little onwards) what happens when someone does stupid stuff (like drugs, alcohol, touching the hot stove, running into the street after a ball without looking, climbing live electric poles, jumping off cliffs into a pool of water when you have no idea of the depth or whether there are rocks down there .. on and on the list goes) ... even most teens can be gotten through to and manage to keep the truly dangerous silliness to dull roar till they hit adulthood and begin to grow a brain.

If you don't take those opportunities (if you avoid or are just too lazy or don't even notice them) and something happens, I only feel sorry that you had to go through the pain of seeing your child hurt or dead, not that you may have some guilt. If you do your best to teach your child some kind of self-responsibility, then I am really, really sorry if something happens anyway and it was most probably truly an accident (which certainly seems unlikely in this case).

I definitely feel for the driver if he was not at fault but has to live with this forever.

Last edited by Aery11; 10-13-2016 at 01:37 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events