Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2016, 06:20 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,934,256 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by photobuff42 View Post
You really have to wonder how anyone got into college with that kind of stupidity quotient.
Snapchat was around but no where near as powerful back what two/three years ago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2016, 06:30 PM

188 posts, read 161,748 times
They need to ban women from driving. Make it a federal law!

Old 10-28-2016, 06:37 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,868,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin
Mom and dad must be beaming, just beaming.
Knowing them they are as messed up as she is!

Old 10-29-2016, 02:14 AM

9,378 posts, read 14,332,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by photobuff42 View Post
You really have to wonder how anyone got into college with that kind of stupidity quotient.
The value of a basic college diploma today is probably worth less, in real economic and social terms, than a high school diploma three or four generations ago.

And if tuition at public colleges and universities becomes "free", than in real terms the diploma will be worth that much less.

Old 10-29-2016, 05:38 AM

1,835 posts, read 3,270,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukesgrrl View Post
Isn't A&M one of those Texas universities always bragging about alcohol not being available on their campuses? I guess they can still find it elsewhere.
Riiiiight bc alcohol is NEVER available anywhere near college students...

Old 10-29-2016, 05:43 AM

1,835 posts, read 3,270,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aslowdodge View Post
Maybe everyone here did dumb mistakes like you when they were young, but like you said not this dumb.
It's one thing to do something dumb and harmless or if you just want to hurt yourself, another when it endangers other people. But your probably ok with that

Underage drinking, you're ok with that? Or is this another opportunity to make some money with her as a client since you say you are a lawyer.
To many passes with no accountability are being handed out today.
You show me one person who did not drink before they 21 and I will be shocked...

I do not really take issue with minors drinking...that said I was not defending the driving portion, dwi is indefensible, it's dangerous and often deadly I was merely defending the bs that she is probably just another rich entitled white girl...she will get a severe punishment for her dwi I am certain of that Bryan/college station does not mess around with dwi offenses.

And I am not a criminal defense attorney. I'm just sick of everyone stereotyping every white person arrested as white privilege or adjust another entitled white girl. Its absurd

Old 10-29-2016, 05:53 AM

18,536 posts, read 18,782,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris.A View Post
They need to ban women from driving. Make it a federal law!
hahaha especially drunk topless ones who are reckless drivers.

Old 10-29-2016, 09:31 AM

3,279 posts, read 5,323,889 times
I don't see why it matters that she was sending a photo to someone. She was drunk, and drunk driving has been shown to be a HUGE killer. But of course let's focus on the selfie, because selfie bashing is the latest thing.

Old 10-29-2016, 09:47 AM

18,536 posts, read 18,782,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shyguylh View Post
I don't see why it matters that she was sending a photo to someone. She was drunk, and drunk driving has been shown to be a HUGE killer. But of course let's focus on the selfie, because selfie bashing is the latest thing.
She was drunk... she was on her phone while driving.. two crimes even before she almost killed someone.

Old 10-29-2016, 10:36 AM

1,199 posts, read 640,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marksmu View Post
You show me one person who did not drink before they 21 and I will be shocked...

I do not really take issue with minors drinking...that said I was not defending the driving portion, dwi is indefensible, it's dangerous and often deadly I was merely defending the bs that she is probably just another rich entitled white girl...she will get a severe punishment for her dwi I am certain of that Bryan/college station does not mess around with dwi offenses.

And I am not a criminal defense attorney. I'm just sick of everyone stereotyping every white person arrested as white privilege or adjust another entitled white girl. Its absurd
Prepare to be shocked, because I could scrounge up a few Mormons or Mennonites who didn't drink before age 21. Or, you know, ever. If we're only talking about privileged suburban white kids, then you're right... it's harder to find one in that case.

By the way, in this case she really is a wealthy and entitled white girl. Her family home would make most yuppies blush. If we want to shed the "princess with affluenza" stereotype, this is an awful test case.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events