Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2016, 08:39 AM

29,523 posts, read 22,680,154 times

Advertisements

A true hero!

Man punches kangaroo to save dog in the Australian outback
Quote:
The footage shows Greg rushing toward his dog Max — who is being held by the kangaroo.

When the man approaches, the roo lets go of the dog and turns his attention to the human.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SqLuBxI4IQ
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2016, 08:49 AM

12,713 posts, read 15,547,409 times
This guy is lucky to be alive. Kangaroos can kick and disembowel with their sharp claws when fighting.

Old 12-05-2016, 09:46 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,078,063 times
proof that kangaroos are wussies and can't block a punch to save their lives

Old 12-05-2016, 09:56 AM

6,617 posts, read 6,549,632 times
I think the kangaroo was only protecting himself and fighting back by holding the dog. If you watch it again, there were two dogs.

Yes, the Kangaroo likely would have killed the dog had the owner not stepped in, but he let go and the man STILL punched him. It didn't appear to hurt the Kangaroo, but I think the punch wasn't necessary. He wasn't "turning" on the man.

Maybe the owner should keep his dogs under control better or he'll end up with a dead dog.

Old 12-05-2016, 10:06 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,856,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Geek
This guy is lucky to be alive.
Yes she could have defended herself and made mince meat out of him quickly!!

Old 12-05-2016, 10:58 AM

1,915 posts, read 1,482,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gouligann View Post
I think the kangaroo was only protecting himself and fighting back by holding the dog. If you watch it again, there were two dogs.

Yes, the Kangaroo likely would have killed the dog had the owner not stepped in, but he let go and the man STILL punched him. It didn't appear to hurt the Kangaroo, but I think the punch wasn't necessary. He wasn't "turning" on the man.

Maybe the owner should keep his dogs under control better or he'll end up with a dead dog.
My guess is you are right about the dogs threatening the kangaroo, but the kangaroo took three hops towards the man before he punched it. Punching it made it stop advancing and was most likely a primal, self protection instinct of the man. I think the punch was needed to stop the kangaroo from attacking the man too.

Old 12-05-2016, 11:28 AM

4,481 posts, read 3,644,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gouligann View Post

I agree! The kangaroo had already let the dog go when the owner came running over. He didn't need to punch the roo in the face. Now, he'll be bragging to all his buddies that he kicked a kangaroo's ass.

Old 12-05-2016, 12:25 PM

8,340 posts, read 6,793,139 times
Maybe the kangaroo wanted some "Special Time" with the dog?

Old 12-05-2016, 02:02 PM

7,057 posts, read 9,086,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Praline View Post
I agree! The kangaroo had already let the dog go when the owner came running over. He didn't need to punch the roo in the face. Now, he'll be bragging to all his buddies that he kicked a kangaroo's ass.
Clearly you looked at a different video, in *this* one, the 'roo didn't drop the dog until the guy ran over to it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

That guy has sure got balls. The 'roo was coming at him, punching it in the head was probably the best thing he could have done, caused the 'roo to pause, and the guy wisely used it to move away. Me, I would have just shot the thing...

Old 12-05-2016, 02:03 PM

15,802 posts, read 20,532,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaLind View Post
My guess is you are right about the dogs threatening the kangaroo, but the kangaroo took three hops towards the man before he punched it. Punching it made it stop advancing and was most likely a primal, self protection instinct of the man. I think the punch was needed to stop the kangaroo from attacking the man too.

I agree. The roo hopped towards the man. In my experiences with wild animals, all run AWAY from humans, unless they are about to attack, or have rabies. I would have took it's approach as a threat as well and not waited to see what it would have done.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events