Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2016, 09:05 PM

8,105 posts, read 6,754,341 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hornraider View Post
Roo should've been bobbin and weavin!
With those short arms his only chance for a win was to get in close and go to the body.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2016, 09:19 PM

11,110 posts, read 9,817,167 times
In Australia, that punch is known as a "bloomin' onion". Typically they're used to subdue crocodiles after wrasslin' them, right before throwing some shrimp on the barbie and then having a vegemite sandwich and washing it down with a Foster's while you wait for the shrimp.

No, seriously. I mean it.

Old 12-08-2016, 10:46 PM

30,639 posts, read 18,235,725 times
that 'roo looked so stunned and didn't know how to react! Definitely made my day.

For those criticizing the man for punching that 'roo, here are my thoughts: the 'roo, after letting the dog out of a headlock, was forming up on/sizing up the man, probably with the intent to attack. As some have mentioned in this thread, 'roos can be very, very dangerous. The man's punch stopped the 'roo's advance and allowed the man to move away safely. The way the 'roo was advancing on the man prior to the punch, an attack looked imminent. Had the man simply run away, the already emboldened 'roo likely would've attacked from behind.

Those flailing arms, though

Old 12-09-2016, 04:47 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,064,596 times
video could use some sound effects dubbing

Old 12-09-2016, 06:44 AM

9,008 posts, read 13,841,954 times
I am sick of dog owners that just let their dogs roam around while the clueless owners just look on. Yes,the dog was roaming because it is the kangaroo's natural habitat,or rather HIS home.

Why were the dogs not on a leash?

Dogs do not have preference over other animals.

We do not now what the dog was doing to the kangaroo before the tape started rolling. We do not know who the aggressor really was.

Old 12-09-2016, 07:55 AM

5,649 posts, read 5,967,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Praline View Post
I agree! The kangaroo had already let the dog go when the owner came running over. He didn't need to punch the roo in the face. Now, he'll be bragging to all his buddies that he kicked a kangaroo's ass.
You clearly didn't see the kangaroo hopping towards him? Any Aussie can tell you how dangerous 'roos can be. He simply took quick action, and guess what? It worked.

Get a clue.

Old 12-09-2016, 08:15 AM

5,462 posts, read 3,036,920 times
He s likely to get punched by some mate in a bar later

Old 12-09-2016, 08:26 AM

1,915 posts, read 1,481,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
I am sick of dog owners that just let their dogs roam around while the clueless owners just look on. Yes,the dog was roaming because it is the kangaroo's natural habitat,or rather HIS home.

Why were the dogs not on a leash?

Dogs do not have preference over other animals.

We do not now what the dog was doing to the kangaroo before the tape started rolling. We do not know who the aggressor really was.
I agree with you that people shouldn't let dogs run loose, but in all fairness in this situation the dogs are hunting dogs and the man was out hunting. I don't hunt, but from what I've seen when others do, you can't hunt with your hunting dogs in a leash. In all fairness to you though, the original story doesn't explain the situation and why the dogs were loose. I had to find that out in another, more detailed article.

Old 12-09-2016, 08:37 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,064,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG CATS View Post
You clearly didn't see the kangaroo hopping towards him? Any Aussie can tell you how dangerous 'roos can be. He simply took quick action, and guess what? It worked.

Get a clue.

roo roid-rage rampage, run!

Old 12-09-2016, 09:04 AM

9,983 posts, read 5,684,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post
In Australia, that punch is known as a "bloomin' onion". Typically they're used to subdue crocodiles after wrasslin' them, right before throwing some shrimp on the barbie and then having a vegemite sandwich and washing it down with a Foster's while you wait for the shrimp.

No, seriously. I mean it.
With your sheila looking on all the while and admiring your manly Outback skills.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events