Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2016, 04:02 PM

1,299 posts, read 2,580,124 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
No one is suggesting that they dine on the therapy pig.

Neither religion has a problem with the live animals. They just aren't supposed to eat them.
Lol

Old 12-07-2016, 04:24 PM

10,599 posts, read 17,900,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
No one is suggesting that they dine on the therapy pig.

Neither religion has a problem with the live animals. They just aren't supposed to eat them.
LOL

There are some issues, with some, in Islam with dogs. Not surprisingly it's all over the map.

But I can tell you none of my Muslim neighbors would get on the elevator with me as a dog walker with a client when I lived in Jax. I guess they moved there just planning on avoiding contact up and down the 38 stories because there were four elevators.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Animals_in_Islam

Old 12-07-2016, 04:38 PM

11,161 posts, read 7,967,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
Really fresh Bacon!

Therapy BLT?

Old 12-07-2016, 04:46 PM

10,599 posts, read 17,900,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
Having taken my dog to a hospital as a therapy dog there is lots of good that can come out of having therapy animals. One thing we are less likely to have a large extended family close by or parents who work at home like the family farm. The sailing ships that brought our ancestors over took a long time and people, especially kids had more time to adjust to the disruption than they do on a even a long flight.

I have never understood why people put down a person's (or animals) need for therapy, emotional support or mental treatments.
Sure but. Probably because like everything else in human nature, individuals abuse the privilege and expect all the other people to just "put up with it".

There's also the issue of some people feel it's abusive. It CAN be. It's not like all these people are just animal lovers and intuitively do the right thing when they're "assistance dogs" kept to be slaves to some owners. There are alot of fantastic matches but it can be tricky and unfair to the animal. But that's another thread.

Anyway, Just last week I passed some woman outside the door of an Independent/ Assisted Living I work in all day long. As a DOG WALKER.

Her Cocker was very cute looking and had the "service dog" vest on and there was NO WAY that was a trained "therapy dog". It was wild-ish and not calm like they're supposed to be. Your typical overly friendly adolescent, but jumping up on the two old people she was talking to. In fact, she was hyper like the dog. (not unusual).

I'm walking by thinking "Jeeze lady, simply just correct your dog and he'll stop." But she was totally ignoring his hyperactivity and behavior. Another sign he gets no WALKS, for sure.

Anyway, I walk into the hallway and there's dog stool all the way down about 5 times.

I KNOW it was her because I know everyone in the joint, and the only other dogs besides MY small one I was there for - are large breeds. So I cleaned it UP because for SURE I'd get blamed by someone if not management.

That little pig is probably fine but generally, PIGS can be high strung, high energy, LOUD, have poor vision especially depth perception say, on asphalt, AND even when they're litter box trained it's VERY easy for them to knock the box over getting off of it. They are VERY intelligent. IN CASE anybody has any bright ideas for getting one - think twice - it's not a cat. LOL.

I boarded one in my pet shop for two weeks as a favor to a customer and it was the longest two weeks of my life! We did laugh alot though, especially when she head butted one of my guys off his stool to grab his McDonalds bag and run away. My biggest guy had to CARRY HER across the parking lot to the grass to eliminate at first because she'd scream at the top of her lungs she was so scared of the asphalt the entire neighborhood heard her and all the other store owners in the strip center would come out running thinking someone was getting murdered. We ended up having to BUILD a ramp from my store to the grass out back so she could go. She wasn't thrilled but got used to it. I couldn't use her litter pan because she kept knocking it over.

Old 12-07-2016, 05:16 PM

11,110 posts, read 9,817,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by froglipz View Post
What ever did people do before therapy /comfort animals?
Oh, people found other things to whine about, I'm sure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events