Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2017, 09:45 PM

16,066 posts, read 21,127,317 times

Advertisements

Sorry, but if someone 'startles' so badly they lose control of their car to such an extent, I never want to be on the road with them. Regardless of whatever the motorcyclist did or gets charged with I hope the driver of the car gets a'failure to maintain control' at the very least.

Old 06-22-2017, 09:59 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,338,167 times
Clearly more to the story. I expect the motorcyclist was subject to something he considered an attack before the filming started. And the driver clearly counter attacks after the kick. I would think it is willful action by the car driver that actually causes the crash.

The may get the motorcycle guy for leaving the scene of an accident but he has a pretty good defense that he was not an involved party.

Old 06-22-2017, 11:52 PM

876 posts, read 812,782 times
The motorcyclist is a complete badass. The driver is a spastic idiot who caused the accident after he tried to kill the guy on the bike and ended up totaling his car.

No matter who started the rage, the driver was an idiot who shouldn't have attempted vehicular homicide. If someone on a motorcycle kicks your car while traveling at highway speeds, the worst case is a couple hundred dollar repair bill. He couldn't kick hard enough to cause any damage because he would kick himself off the bike.

Guarantee this guy and his friends are laughing their butts off watching this video over and over again. It almost looks like he kicked the car off course and caused the accident.

Old 06-23-2017, 12:42 AM

10,719 posts, read 20,290,783 times
It's a form of natural selection or social darwinism. The weak are selected. In this example, the motorcyclist nearly got himself killed because he is a moron. The driver of the car actually responds to the tool on the motorcycle and nearly kills him. This same scenario is witnessed in bars, stadiums etc. There is always the meat head instigator and then the fool who feels he has to fight back.

I run into road rage drivers routinely. Guess what, I switch lanes and let them pass me or flip me off. I don't lose anything. I'm the one driving the 120K car. I don't need to flip him off, my car is doing it for me

Old 06-23-2017, 12:53 AM

783 posts, read 576,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Clearly more to the story. I expect the motorcyclist was subject to something he considered an attack before the filming started. And the driver clearly counter attacks after the kick. I would think it is willful action by the car driver that actually causes the crash.

The may get the motorcycle guy for leaving the scene of an accident but he has a pretty good defense that he was not an involved party.
Not an involved party? Uh...what the hell are you smoking? The crash occurred after he intentionally struck the vehicle. Why would a person on a motorcycle who feels like he was 'attacked' by a car ride up to said car and KICK IT? That's not a proper response even if he had been attacked by the driver, which the video does not show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1eutian View Post
The motorcyclist is a complete badass. The driver is a spastic idiot who caused the accident after he tried to kill the guy on the bike and ended up totaling his car.

No matter who started the rage, the driver was an idiot who shouldn't have attempted vehicular homicide. If someone on a motorcycle kicks your car while traveling at highway speeds, the worst case is a couple hundred dollar repair bill. He couldn't kick hard enough to cause any damage because he would kick himself off the bike.

Guarantee this guy and his friends are laughing their butts off watching this video over and over again. It almost looks like he kicked the car off course and caused the accident.
So you absolve the motorcycle driver of any responsibility for the crash even though, without his kick, the driver would not have swerved and the crash would not have occurred?

Old 06-23-2017, 01:04 AM

10,075 posts, read 7,535,950 times
ban motorcycles you guys know one bad nut ruins entire batch so get rid of all of them

Old 06-23-2017, 01:14 AM

10,719 posts, read 20,290,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A1eutian View Post
He is a seabass not a badass. Badasses are accomplished people who have too much to lose and would not dare try to kick a car while driving. No one is impressed aside from the guys who are impressed with Rob Dyrdek shows and pro wrestling.

Old 06-23-2017, 04:42 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,251,948 times
Both guys are at fault, but the driver definitely tried to kill the motorcyclist. If the driver just slows down, backs off, etc, this crash never happens. But the driver got angry and tried to side swipe the motorcycle, and then lost control.

And by the way if I'm the motorcyclist, I'm getting the hell out of there also. That idiot driver just tried to kill me. I'm gone.

I'm betting the motorcyclist is never identified.

Old 06-23-2017, 06:03 AM

6,556 posts, read 8,384,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post

I disagree. The motorcyclist may have had every right to be angry, but he should not have engaged. Go around the car, let the car get ahead of him. Fume about it, curse the driver of the car, sound the horn but the motorcyclist chose to engage resulting in a serious accident. Both are at fault.

Old 06-23-2017, 06:12 AM

50,247 posts, read 47,005,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonimuso View Post
But the swerving after the motorcyclist kicked the car happened so quickly, it doesn't seem to me that it was 'retaliation'. It seems like the driver got startled. In addition, at highway speeds, who would swerve like that to 'retaliate' against someone? That would be a death wish. It just doesn't make sense to me.

But at the end of the day, we can speculate as to why the driver lost control. But there is surely no speculation as to the fact that what the motorcyclist did was completely wrong.
Why would anyone jerk the wheel of their car hard left like that driver did from being "startled". It's pretty obvious that these 2 had a previous altercation and it was continuing. Both of these people were being a-holes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events