Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2017, 09:56 AM

16,066 posts, read 21,138,178 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
The "tapping" left a dent in the car door big enough to see in the video. The fact that the biker did not fall is evidence to me that he has done it before. He's had practice.
Speculation. The dent may have already been there, especially if it is a case of poor driving skills.
ETA, it also appears to me that the kick was further back than the dent (and there is a dent) on the drivers door. Look at the original video at approx 43-44 seconds in, just as the driver swerves a hard left.

Old 07-03-2017, 01:05 PM

265 posts, read 259,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
Speculation. The dent may have already been there, especially if it is a case of poor driving skills.

Quite probable, considering the driving skills or mentality of the Nissan driver.
BTW, as a previous poster mentioned the authorities, at best may only be able to determine the identity of the owner of the motorcycle. Determining who was riding the bike, at the time of this incident, is another matter.

Old 07-03-2017, 01:12 PM

11,087 posts, read 17,537,039 times
Blaming the biker for this is a bunch of crap. True, he shouldn't have kicked the car but there is no way one kick can make the car swerve like that. Teh car driver, I believe, was hoping to cut him off but pushed it a little too far.

Old 07-03-2017, 01:45 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,741,790 times
Quote:
The "tapping" left a dent in the car door big enough to see in the video. The fact that the biker did not fall is evidence to me that he has done it before. He's had practice.
Run the video a few times as the dent you're talking about is high near the drivers window and mirror and the kick is low near the bottom behind the rear of the back wheel.

Old 07-03-2017, 04:18 PM

37,110 posts, read 41,250,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
the tap did not leave a dent, the biker is well back of the car door and any dent is far more likely caused when the car rams the bike.

please post a screen grab of this "dent" because I'm not seeing it.
All you have to do is pause the video. The dent is right where the biker put his foot. The rear of the bike is past the bumper of the car when he kicks the driver's side door.

I am amazed that some people here cannot seem to understand that if the biker had not pursued the car and kicked it the crash would never have happened.

Old 07-03-2017, 04:32 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,741,790 times
Quote:
All you have to do is pause the video. The dent is right where the biker put his foot. The rear of the bike is past the bumper of the car when he kicks the driver's side door.

I am amazed that some people here cannot seem to understand that if the biker had not pursued the car and kicked it the crash would never have happened.
I am amazed that some people here cannot seem to understand that if the car had not tried to smash the motorcycle into the median the crash would never have happened.

Old 07-03-2017, 06:03 PM

6,326 posts, read 6,588,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
He is a seabass not a badass. Badasses are accomplished people who have too much to lose and would not dare try to kick a car while driving. No one is impressed aside from the guys who are impressed with Rob Dyrdek shows and pro wrestling.
Those are not a substitute for the balls and youthful sense of invincibility it takes to do something dangerous and stupid. No amount of senile accomplishments can make up for that, dont fool yourself old man.

Old 07-03-2017, 06:08 PM

37,110 posts, read 41,250,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
I am amazed that some people here cannot seem to understand that if the car had not tried to smash the motorcycle into the median the crash would never have happened.
If the biker had not distracted the driver by coming up into his blind spot and kicking his car, the crash would never have happened.

Old 07-03-2017, 06:12 PM

15,419 posts, read 9,065,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
You come up alongside of me while I'm driving and start kicking my car, I will ram you into the median, and I will not miss. If you damage my car, you are going to get damaged.

Old 07-03-2017, 06:17 PM

6,326 posts, read 6,588,284 times
Quote:
If the biker had not distracted the driver by coming up into his blind spot and kicking his car, the crash would never have happened.
It looked like vehicular intimidation went wrong to me. Car driver overestimated his high speed control skills, a thought of actually hitting a motorcyclist jerked steering wheel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events