Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2017, 07:34 AM

12,713 posts, read 15,529,606 times

Advertisements

After 200 posts in this thread can we agree they are both at fault and both idiots? Even if the car didn't swerve on purpose, he is an idiot for not being able to control his vehicle.

Old 06-28-2017, 09:18 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,048,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentstrider View Post
Some of us, it's a preferred method of transportation. Ride like you're invisible and everyone's out to get you. Treat every car like a potential threat and be prepared to give some room, or find an exit ASAP.

Kind of why I think to myself why I prefer not to live in large, urban, metro areas. All the cool kids might live there, but so do millions of others. Moved out to the sticks, guess I'm staying out here after watching all these videos!!

seems way too stressful to be worth the relatively few moments of bliss, when you are able to channel the "Bronson" inside all of us...Good Luck

Old 06-28-2017, 09:53 AM

17,400 posts, read 11,972,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
Well thankfully, your opinion does not really matter in a legal standpoint. As a former insurance adjuster, I would go after the driver of the car for all damages.
Well, thankfully your opinion doesn't matter in relation to the law. Of course you would go after the driver of the car. They hit the other car and caused damage. The bike is nowhere to be found. Insurance companies "go after" everybody, don't they?

Old 06-28-2017, 09:55 AM

17,400 posts, read 11,972,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTLightning View Post
The motorcyclist wasn't involved in any crash or wreck.

Why would the biker stop if it is all on the driver of the car? Your question answers itself haha

I would think the driver of the car wouldn't want the biker found. The biker could push for attempted murder charges. No victim no crime.
I don't think "involved" means what you think it means. Making physical contact is about as involved as you can get.

Old 06-28-2017, 10:08 AM

2,004 posts, read 3,415,966 times
I rode motorcycles for 58 years. Bikers don't just ride up next to a car an kick the door of a car for no reason. Something happened before the video started that **** him off. The biker's mistake was thinking that he could win a physical confrontation with a car. After he kicked the car the car swerved at the biker and then over-corrected to get back in his lane. That's what caused the accident. The over-correction. But it was the bikers fault to kick the car. It's too bad that others had to suffer because of the biker's lack of intelligence. The biker should have followed the car home and then he could have got off of his bike and kicked the car driver's butt. The problem with that is that sometimes that back-fires too.

Old 06-28-2017, 10:59 AM

6,450 posts, read 9,810,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
I don't think "involved" means what you think it means. Making physical contact is about as involved as you can get.
lol ok then

He was interacting with the driver of the car yes, but he didn't cause the wreck. His kicking the car happened prior to any wrecks. had the auto driver not reacted to the biker the wreck would never have happened.

Id still acquit the biker.

Old 06-28-2017, 11:15 AM

3,271 posts, read 2,188,771 times
People get cut off in traffic all the time. It happens. You just have to learn to let it go.

If this guy is stupid enough to kick a car, he should realize that his name might show up on the Darwin awards.

I'd be pissed off too if someone actually physically damaged my car.

Old 06-28-2017, 11:39 AM

22,331 posts, read 29,421,443 times
I believe it was a startled reaction. The motorcyclist needs to be charged with leaving the scene of an accident.

Old 06-28-2017, 11:42 AM

2,573 posts, read 3,502,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Since we're all throwing out "what if's" anyway here's a silly take on that one. Aside from it being the normal and decent thing to have done, had he not contributed to the accident; the biker could very well explain that he had already experienced the driver of the car attempting to kill him by ramming him into the divider concrete and after seeing him impact the wall thought about stopping but, then considered he might still be under threat from a car driver in a fit of rage now even angrier, perhaps clubbing him to death with a tire iron or something so just kept on driving totally and blissfully unaware of the accident that occurred behind him.

Where are you getting this info? All I see in that video is that biker did come close to the car so that he could show his skills. Where is that attempted murder? Is there longer version of this video somewhere?

The other poster lowonluck says that he has hit cars to get their attention and that's what probably this biker was doing. I am wondering if these bikes have what is called "horn" which you blow in case you are about to be hit or something

Old 06-28-2017, 12:31 PM

8,170 posts, read 6,033,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
I believe it was a startled reaction. The motorcyclist needs to be charged with leaving the scene of an accident.
There is no law stating that witnesses must stop at the scene of an accident.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events