Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2017, 08:58 AM

2,274 posts, read 1,338,930 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastcoastguyz View Post
Time to invest in drug testing companies the employers use. Legal doesn't mean the employers won't start random drug testing. Get ready pot heads!
LOL, you would be wasting your money. Employers are moving away from drug testing and companies that do random testing outside of heavily regulated industries like commercial drivers are very rare. Some of the top tech companies do no drug testing at all, drug tests destroy their ability to attract the top talent they need to survive. The US Secret Service just announced that they were going to relax their hiring standards with respect to marijuana use.

Society is moving away from the War on Drugs, Reefer Madness, drug testing days whether you like it or not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2017, 09:28 AM

4,745 posts, read 5,572,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastcoastguyz View Post
Time to invest in drug testing companies the employers use. Legal doesn't mean the employers won't start random drug testing. Get ready pot heads!
Yeah, well anyone with half a brain can beat a drug test. A lot of companies are moving away from testing anyway.

Old 07-07-2017, 09:02 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,699,483 times
I do better work stoned than most do not.

Old 07-08-2017, 01:31 PM

4,996 posts, read 2,445,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
Uh Oh...shortage!

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ana/461553001/

Old 07-08-2017, 07:03 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,058,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
me too! I like to see how close I can make the little blips on my radar screen get to each other without "dissolving" and have the Tower Manager yell at me.

Old 07-08-2017, 07:31 PM

4,996 posts, read 2,445,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
me too! I like to see how close I can make the little blips on my radar screen get to each other without "dissolving" and have the Tower Manager yell at me.
*snorts*

Old 07-08-2017, 08:12 PM

510 posts, read 370,924 times
I don't get my knowledge of pot from Hollywood, but from having read 20,000-25,000 pages (mostly online) from hundreds of sources. Why do you think something that can help people have longer, healthier, and happier lives is one of the worst things in the world? It was in over half the meds in pharmacies last half of 1800s: cannabis oil, tincture of cannabis, etc, over 200 products.

There's about 25,000 studies, but about 20,000 of them had to be approved by the multi-trillion $ pill cos.
When you look at an issue, doesn't it make sense that the side that stands to make or lose the most $ is the one that is most likely to lie or mislead? Do you really think potheads can make or save tens of trillions if cannabis becomes 100% legal?

Alcohol is much cheaper than cannabis and more intoxicating, so it should be obvious that cannabis users are looking for something other than maximum intoxication when they pay hundreds an ounce.

There's never been a proven death as a direct result of cannabis use by over 1 billion people in last 10,000 years. No pharmaceutical poison was tested that long by so many.

Our drug laws are not based on safety or effectiveness, just special interests buying protection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
What a load of BS.

Pro pot dopers love to extol the virtues of pot, while totally ignoring it's ills. Pot does not make one smarter, and certainly not more productive in society. It also has health effects which are damaging, and makes some people become violent, vs. the typical Hollywood portrayal of a mellow/passive/harmless pothead.

Last edited by GWTJ; 07-08-2017 at 08:20 PM.. Reason: better comment

Old 07-08-2017, 10:14 PM

510 posts, read 370,924 times
Yes, many need to escape reality. My reality is I've had a neurological disorder that started at maybe age 1, maybe a reaction to all those shots they force on babies before age 1. I can't concentrate or remember anywhere near normal. If I'm trying to do something unpleasant it takes me 100+times as long as someone else. If I'm trying to do something without too much brain strain, maybe 10-20 times as long.

I've had depression/extreme anxiety since a baby. I didn't walk until age 18 mos & my mom knew I was very fearful of falling. But I discovered if my body is numb from cannabis, anxiety & depression disappear.
But I'm in a state with ultra-limited program, hard to get in and unaffordable to low income people.

Mind-altering does *not* mean permanent brain damage and the antis have usually insisted pot came before the problems but how many would say they felt fine all the time, but just decided they'd rather be mentally ill, so they started pot?

The US Dispensatory of 1851 listed cannabis as an excellent treatment for mental health issues. It's also very good for treating most physical pain, & has no risk of death, not from single overdose or long term use.

Most legal drugs might be considered mind-altering & body-altering as well. Propaganda is mind-altering so you may believe things that aren't true for the rest of your life.

Alcohol kills maybe 88,000 a year, hundreds of thousands each for food, pills, & tobacco, pot 0. Cannabis in oil form has saved so many lives, making even stage 4 cancers disappear! Who could be against this, besides people who make all or part of their living from prohibition?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
I have never understood why people want to take mind altering drugs. Are their lives so sucky that they have to escape from reality?

Old 07-09-2017, 09:33 AM

6,393 posts, read 4,115,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorman View Post
LOL, you would be wasting your money. Employers are moving away from drug testing and companies that do random testing outside of heavily regulated industries like commercial drivers are very rare. Some of the top tech companies do no drug testing at all, drug tests destroy their ability to attract the top talent they need to survive. The US Secret Service just announced that they were going to relax their hiring standards with respect to marijuana use.

Society is moving away from the War on Drugs, Reefer Madness, drug testing days whether you like it or not.
Haha tell that to a guy we just fired.

Old 07-09-2017, 09:34 AM

6,393 posts, read 4,115,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWTJ View Post
Yes, many need to escape reality. My reality is I've had a neurological disorder that started at maybe age 1, maybe a reaction to all those shots they force on babies before age 1. I can't concentrate or remember anywhere near normal. If I'm trying to do something unpleasant it takes me 100+times as long as someone else. If I'm trying to do something without too much brain strain, maybe 10-20 times as long.

I've had depression/extreme anxiety since a baby. I didn't walk until age 18 mos & my mom knew I was very fearful of falling. But I discovered if my body is numb from cannabis, anxiety & depression disappear.
But I'm in a state with ultra-limited program, hard to get in and unaffordable to low income people.

Mind-altering does *not* mean permanent brain damage and the antis have usually insisted pot came before the problems but how many would say they felt fine all the time, but just decided they'd rather be mentally ill, so they started pot?

The US Dispensatory of 1851 listed cannabis as an excellent treatment for mental health issues. It's also very good for treating most physical pain, & has no risk of death, not from single overdose or long term use.

Most legal drugs might be considered mind-altering & body-altering as well. Propaganda is mind-altering so you may believe things that aren't true for the rest of your life.

Alcohol kills maybe 88,000 a year, hundreds of thousands each for food, pills, & tobacco, pot 0. Cannabis in oil form has saved so many lives, making even stage 4 cancers disappear! Who could be against this, besides people who make all or part of their living from prohibition?
Are you saying all potheads have neurological disorder? Good to know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events