Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2017, 04:14 PM

4,795 posts, read 4,824,614 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterseat View Post
Yes, no matter where a federal employee travels, they cannot imbibe.

I've known plenty and used to work a govt job in DC and I can tell you that many still do imbibe
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2017, 04:25 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,229,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanms3030 View Post
I've known plenty and used to work a govt job in DC and I can tell you that many still do imbibe
Can second that. Just because they can't doesn't mean they don't.

Old 07-03-2017, 05:20 PM

16,603 posts, read 8,615,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
Violent? I've never heard or read that one. That's from using multiple substances.
Incorrect

Many a LE report has listed a violent encounter with a suspect who was drug tested. Then when the report would come back, you'd expect coke, meth, PCP or the like to be in their system. Yet all that shows is THC.

While pot apologists/activists might balk at the notion, the fact remains that both face eating incidents in Miami (where they suspected "bath salts" or other drugs), only had THC come back on the toxicology reports. This despite being tested for a variety of drugs/booze.

The point being that while pot might make most stoners mellow, certain individuals will have a different reaction to pot than your stereotypical Hollywood portrayal of a mellow, munchie craving, passive pot head.

`

Old 07-03-2017, 05:24 PM

510 posts, read 371,062 times
Lots of people have decent jobs and use cannabis. Over half of employers are not in the Federal program that helps employers pay for employee health care if they refuse to hire cannabis users. One person on C-D said when they took a good job that required they give up cannabis, their use of alcohol tripled. While alcohol kills less than tobacco, pills, or food, it's still not nearly as safe as cannabis. Alcohol kills maybe 88,000 a year, while it's debatable whether or not cannabis has ever killed 1 person out of a billion.

So the gov't drug testing program may not save health care money and likely increases health care spending. Maybe there are some jobs that shouldn't go to cannabis users, but when an employer insists they are no good for any job, they clearly haven't studied the facts.

As for cannabis users working in an office, like at a desk, who are they endangering & how?

Have you ever heard of Sir Richard Branson, the British guy who owns about 400 businesses and is very pro-cannabis?

"I wouldn't want to go the office with a bunch of druggies" sounds like maybe the worst excuse I've ever heard of for refusing a job, and would hurt you, not them. I've never heard a cannabis user say they'd refuse a job if everyone there didn't use cannabis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastcoastguyz View Post
Meanwhile employers continue to do drug testing, so I don't know what sort of victory this is if you can't hold on to a decent job. I can't think of any good paying jobs that don't do drug testing, and that's a good thing. I wouldn't want to go to the office with a bunch of druggies.

Old 07-03-2017, 05:25 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,705,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
Slowly and with calculated means, next up will be approval of cocaine,opioids,and much used meth. Because potheads are such upstanding and clear thinking people.
This live and let live is missing a key component, more "live" less productive lives when habitually being "wasted".
Pandora's box can be closed. Too bad most are too drunk or stoned or mainlining it.
And there's that ignorance showing up again.

Old 07-03-2017, 05:31 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,229,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
Incorrect

Many a LE report has listed a violent encounter with a suspect who was drug tested. Then when the report would come back, you'd expect coke, meth, PCP or the like to be in their system. Yet all that shows is THC.

While pot apologists/activists might balk at the notion, the fact remains that both face eating incidents in Miami (where they suspected "bath salts" or other drugs), only had THC come back on the toxicology reports. This despite being tested for a variety of drugs/booze.

The point being that while pot might make most stoners mellow, certain individuals will have a different reaction to pot than your stereotypical Hollywood portrayal of a mellow, munchie craving, passive pot head.

`
Trace amounts were found in the kid that killed the 2 people. Not active metabolites. The first thing listed in his to report was alcohol.

Please link to info backing your other claim.

Old 07-03-2017, 05:38 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,705,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
Trace amounts were found in the kid that killed the 2 people. Not active metabolites. The first thing listed in his to report was alcohol.

Please link to info backing your other claim.
Nah. Fake news is so much more interesting.

Old 07-03-2017, 05:47 PM

6,454 posts, read 9,816,761 times
Quote:
Incorrect

`
Cops will say ANYTHING to make a bust or cover up their unlawful actions so of course they are going to say stoners are violent lol.

I do believe every drug affects people different but I don't trust the word of police in regards to this stuff at all

Old 07-03-2017, 05:53 PM

510 posts, read 371,062 times
I don't BS. I've read 20,000-25,000 pages about cannabis from hundreds of sources. When you know something, you don't have to state opinion as a fact, just trust me, when others can go to the same sources I've read that say what I said. All cannabis researchers trying to get gov't grants must say they want to find negatives, or big pharma won't approve the release of tax dollars to the researchers. Does anyone really believe that will result in unbiased info? 20,000 flawed studies have cost taxpayers $1 trillion since 1976.

Keeping cannabis illegal is nonsense. In some areas part of the taxes go to law enforcement, who has tried to block legalization without even thinking it could pay their salaries.

Quote:
What a load of BS.

Pro pot dopers love to extol the virtues of pot, while totally ignoring it's ills. Pot does not make one smarter, and certainly not more productive in society. It also has health effects which are damaging, and makes some people become violent, vs. the typical Hollywood portrayal of a mellow/passive/harmless pothead.

Old 07-03-2017, 06:48 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,064,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
Slowly and with calculated means, next up will be approval of cocaine,opioids,and much used meth. Because potheads are such upstanding and clear thinking people.
This live and let live is missing a key component, more "live" less productive lives when habitually being "wasted".
Pandora's box can be closed. Too bad most are too drunk or stoned or mainlining it.
ha, ha, you stoned or mainlined?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events