Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2017, 10:22 AM

11,109 posts, read 9,873,417 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
I have never understood why people want to take mind altering drugs. Are their lives so sucky that they have to escape from reality?
So those beers you drink aren't 'mind altering drugs'? (yes, I did a search and I see that you drink beer)

Here's a hint - they are.

No, I don't smoke. Anything. But I also don't wallow in this fantasy that the mainstream, culturally-accepted, legal drugs that I occasional use - alcohol - aren't exactly that: mind-altering drugs'.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2017, 08:06 PM

509 posts, read 373,282 times
I can't diagnose every one of them myself, when I haven't ever met them or talked to them.

Cannabis in smoked form has been used successfully to treat several dozen conditions. Which is worse, smoking cannabis or committing suicide? For those who said they smoked cannabis for medical reasons, the #1 use was for treating depression. Cannabis elevates the mood (euphoria), while harmaceutical industry offers anti-depressants that are not mood elevators, as so many that take them kill themselves and maybe others, or at least stay miserable.

Euphoria (happiness) is a mental illness says harmaceutical industry, who will say we should have no emotions if that's what results in them bringing in the most trillions. They really try to promote the idea that if anyone talks long, loud or fast, that means they are suicidal & may take a few others with them.

Cannabis use in oil form can help hundreds of conditions, even making stage 4 cancers disappear.

Most of the real research is done by users, and a few doctors that have specialized in studying these plants for decades. There are over 1,700 strains of cannabis for sale at dispensaries in USA. Going to a site like weeddepot.com/ will tell what strains are best for which conditions, expected side effects by percent chance, effectiveness for different conditions for each strain, cost of each strain & where available. The science has advanced much beyond what most pill pushers would expect. If you have more questions, I know or can look it up, give you websites.

There's 20,000+ fake studies out there, by researchers who couldn't get gov't grants if they didn't please pill cos. Best wishes.

Quote:
Are you saying all potheads have neurological disorder? Good to know.

Old 07-09-2017, 08:25 PM

509 posts, read 373,282 times
Get ready employers! Learn what cannabis users can do, as you'll likely need to employ some of them. In many areas, those who use at least occasionally are 20% or more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastcoastguyz View Post
Time to invest in drug testing companies the employers use. Legal doesn't mean the employers won't start random drug testing. Get ready pot heads!

Old 07-09-2017, 08:35 PM

13,302 posts, read 8,536,591 times
It's another means to numb the mind,so that the real movers and shakers can profit.
I have no need for such substance ,it smells horrendous.

As for its medical use...Yeah I've seen its effects. Epileptic seizures ..Lessened. that in itself should tell those "recreational" users that it does effect your motor skills.

Old 07-09-2017, 09:42 PM

6,895 posts, read 5,906,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
As for its medical use...Yeah I've seen its effects. Epileptic seizures ..Lessened. that in itself should tell those "recreational" users that it does effect your motor skills.
Oversimplified, but epileptic seizures are caused by uncontrolled electrical activity in the brain, which triggers muscles and causes a lack of awareness. There's no reason to automatically assume the mechanism which inhibits the electric cascades would also inhibit normal muscular function. If it were working by inhibiting movement more directly, the person might still have seizures, but without the movement issues - e.g. an "absence seizure" instead of a motor seizure. Several of the mainstream medications for epilepsy don't ordinarily have fine or gross motor side effects or otherwise affect coordination.

I mean, yes, people can be clumsy AF when stoned sometimes, lol. But the connection you're making just isn't particularly valid, anatomically speaking.

Old 07-10-2017, 05:11 AM

51,323 posts, read 36,992,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
It's another means to numb the mind,so that the real movers and shakers can profit.
I have no need for such substance ,it smells horrendous.

Except it doesn't numb your mind, it does the opposite, it expands it. You certainly don't have to use, but you might want to correct your misinformed idea of it. More and more use vapes now, no smell.

The movers and shakers are profiting mightily, from the war on drugs.

Old 07-10-2017, 05:52 AM

88,919 posts, read 85,450,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
me too! I like to see how close I can make the little blips on my radar screen get to each other without "dissolving" and have the Tower Manager yell at me.
That was sick and demented. Loved it.

Old 07-10-2017, 08:26 AM

4,260 posts, read 6,956,875 times
Quote:
Haha tell that to a guy we just fired.
I'd love to talk to him and congratulate him on having the chance to find a company with more open-minded policies.

Old 07-10-2017, 12:39 PM

4,745 posts, read 5,601,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Except it doesn't numb your mind, it does the opposite, it expands it. You certainly don't have to use, but you might want to correct your misinformed idea of it. More and more use vapes now, no smell.

The movers and shakers are profiting mightily, from the war on drugs.
This. If you are looking for a mind-numbing substance try alcohol instead.

Old 07-10-2017, 06:07 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,842,504 times
I am once again amazed (disappointed?) at the amount of ignorance and misinformation that abounds in this thread. Where do people get their ideas about the "evils" of marijuana? Are some still watching that old, stupid, biased movie and believing that crap.

It's the 21st century folks. Google makes it easy to find unbiased information about all sorts of things. Marijuana included.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events