Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2017, 11:10 AM

1,863 posts, read 1,653,765 times

Advertisements

I'm guessing: child of a single mom.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2017, 11:17 AM

797 posts, read 752,469 times
You know in other countries,like Syria ,Dubai,where they actually treat women like dirt....Well she wouldn't have lived most likely resisting like that.

Old 07-12-2017, 11:30 AM

12,713 posts, read 15,535,425 times
lol at calling stealing from stores a phase that they'll get over. No not all people steal at some point in their lives. I learned very young that this is a big no no and has big consequences.

Old 07-12-2017, 12:43 PM

15,479 posts, read 15,623,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SportyandMisty View Post
When I was a teen, the thought of being punished by my mom greatly exceeded the deterrent of The State.
Yup! I'd still be walking around with her foot up my rear end! Sitting down would be extremely challenging.

Old 07-12-2017, 12:45 PM

15,479 posts, read 15,623,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
When I was her age and in a similar situation (though not handled nearly so roughly), my parents threatened to take legal action against the owners (for grabbing my arm).

Not that I was off the hook. As punishment, I was made to do a week of filing at my mom's company after school, where she paired me up with her least favorite co-worker -- unpaid.

That co-worker had a serious gas problem. Trust me, I learned my lesson.
That really solved nothing except maybe an issue with your parents. You didn't pay any sort of restitution to the people you stole from. And threatening legal action against them showed you that it was ok because you were wronged. Filing papers isn't even a punishment! People get paid to do it!

Old 07-12-2017, 12:49 PM

266 posts, read 259,441 times
Interesting that the big mouth shyster consistently calls her "honey", as though she's a little angel. Hope somebody gives "honey" the shyster's address. Then "honey" and her friends can burglarize the shyster's residence at a later date, in order to show her gratitude.

Apparently "honey" by resisting, managed to elevate the incident from a misdemeanor to a felony. You go girl!!! Future potential employers take note. Then again "honey" may not be concerned, since stealing and living off public assistance in the future might be the preferred life style.

Last edited by toosie; 07-16-2017 at 12:52 PM.. Reason: Edited out trolling name calling

Old 07-12-2017, 01:44 PM

1,850 posts, read 1,138,698 times
Here's 2 really bad things about shoplifting...............

At least 10% of the price of an item you pay is to cover theft, and that's big stores........

Countless smaller shops have gone under due to shoplifting.

Let it go? Just for 2.00 worth of candy? Little witch will tell all her low life friends that this store is easy pickings.

Old 07-12-2017, 02:00 PM

1,110 posts, read 896,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
This is so stupid and unnecessary IMO. We shoplifted on occasion as young teens, the worst that would happen (70's) is the store owner would chase us. It's a phase, and this to me is a nutso over-reaction.
I never shoplifter and I was a poor as a church mouse. She knows right from wrong, and chooses to disobey the law. She is on the road to a hoodlum life. There should be consequences.

Old 07-12-2017, 03:08 PM

9,824 posts, read 11,548,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campfires View Post
Cash me ousside, howbow dah?! Damn, dey cash me...
End of Thread

Quote from the mother
Quote:
The girl’s mother, Jackie VanDuker, says she understands what her daughter did was wrong, but the way it was handled was excessive.
“It was all wrong. She did steal and that's wrong, she needs to be held accountable for that candy bar, but the way they handled it was all wrong,” VanDuker said.

Old 07-12-2017, 03:19 PM

1,066 posts, read 766,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
Having read the above posts, hopefully you don't mean literally. All that does is make 2 more people criminals.
No, not literally, physically... I meant to give her punishment that will make whatever the jurisdiction gives her seem inconsequential.

I watched that video again, that loud mouthed woman with the phone is really irritating. Plus, I highly doubt she is an attorney as she claims. I think all she did was goad the girl on making it worse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events