Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2017, 09:33 AM

3,658 posts, read 2,566,491 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
I think that a retired state worker earning a pension should lose all or some of that pension if they are convicted of a crime of this nature.
He is retired so it doesn't matter. OJ still has his pension. Should he lose his too? I am trying to understand your reasoning for wanting him to lose part of his pension.

Old 07-22-2017, 09:42 AM

42,862 posts, read 26,322,713 times
Quote:
I think that a retired state worker earning a pension should lose all or some of that pension if they are convicted of a crime of this nature.
That's nice, but please explain why loss of a pension should only apply to public sector employees? OJ Simpson just did a decade in prison and didn't lose his 300k NFL pension and not one penny of that will go toward the 58 million he owes his victim's families.

People in the private sector who receive pensions or have matching 401k's don't forfeit it if they are convicted of a crime, and continue to get their monthly pension while they are in prison.

Old 07-22-2017, 10:34 AM

42,862 posts, read 26,322,713 times
Quote:
But no one else....just retired state workers, and for no particular reason?

Old 07-22-2017, 12:07 PM

12,883 posts, read 14,005,331 times
It's just an opinion. Everyone relax. I do not need to justify it. If people disagree, that's fine.

I am talking in the context of this situation. I did not comment on OJ Simpson or anyone else who gets or may get a pension.

Old 07-22-2017, 06:01 PM

13,395 posts, read 13,521,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by payutenyodagimas View Post
the crime is just for damage to property and threat. he didn't kill somebody.

and if the report is right that they parked in his lawn, then he has all the right to demand that they removed the van. his way to force the workers is just not right
They weren't on his lawn. They were parked on the street in front of his house repairing public utility lines. This could be an easement issue.

Old 07-22-2017, 06:40 PM

9,123 posts, read 6,338,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Lock up the wanna be Bruce Willis.

I'm sure though this moron will have his fan base cheering him on for standing up to the corporate AT&T.

Or something.
Just to clarify:

Going after a couple of lower level technicians does not qualify as 'standing up to the corporate AT&T.' Going after an executive or two would be 'standing up to the corporate AT&T.'

Anyway my take on this is that the homeowner in this story is a colossal idiot.

Old 07-23-2017, 06:51 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,045,420 times
I remember the old days when Florida used to be known as the perv state...now they're shooting AT&T trucks.

Old 07-23-2017, 11:03 AM

17,257 posts, read 15,446,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpinionInOcala View Post
Welcome to Floriduh, where this type of thing will seem ordinary after you've lived here for just a couple of years.
I hate to say it but I agree. I've been here 15 years, and while I like it here, I agree with you: it's a state like no other for many reasons, including the insane happenings.

Old 07-23-2017, 11:17 AM

1,168 posts, read 1,228,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtkinsonDan View Post
Just to clarify:

Going after a couple of lower level technicians does not qualify as 'standing up to the corporate AT&T.' Going after an executive or two would be 'standing up to the corporate AT&T.'

Anyway my take on this is that the homeowner in this story is a colossal idiot.
He didnt go after the tech's. He went after the symbols of AT&T. Their trucks. Good for him.
But he is still an idiot.

Old 07-23-2017, 11:26 AM

11,110 posts, read 9,826,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe33 View Post
He didnt go after the tech's. He went after the symbols of AT&T. Their trucks. Good for him.
But he is still an idiot.
So.....

AT&T files a claim and their insurance covers it. Thus, he 'went after' AT&T's insurance company. And for what? The horror of parking on the street in front of his house. And even if, somehow, he 'went after AT&T'... what's the issue, exactly? I ask this because I don't have AT&T. You know, because AT&T is a private company with whom no one has to do business. Now, I have had issues with telecomms before - T-Mobile, to name one. My solution? I don't do business with them anymore - I'm certainly not hysterical and deranged enough to take up arms against them.

This guy had a tantrum. He's a grown man in his sixties, and he had a tantrum. He used lethal force, which injured no one only by chance. He destroyed property. This guy is 10x more of a loser and a detriment to society than that knucklehead with the face tattoo.

The idea that this is 'good' because someone doesn't like AT&T's service, or had a billing issue with them, no matter how frustrating, is a classic example of just how self-indulgent some people are.

PS - He pointed a weapon at one of the AT&T employees. And you say 'good for him'.

PPS - You say 'good for him' and that he is 'still an idiot'. So you approve of idiocy which you openly admit is idiocy.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events