Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2017, 01:04 AM

14,775 posts, read 8,103,690 times

Advertisements

I saw that on the television.
Prayers for their children.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2017, 01:56 AM

783 posts, read 576,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagoliz View Post
No, but if you're going to throw around extremely unlikely scenarios with no evidence, it's not much of a stretch to say that aliens did it.

Of course it is possible for a woman to abuse a man. But there is no evidence for that here. I'd also find it unlikely. And there is no reason this man couldn't have left.
Well, isn't this the pot calling the kettle black.

So it's perfectly fine for you to speculate that this man was "obviously a chronic abuser who finally killed his wife after years of assaulting her", with no evidence, but if anyone else does so, it's too much for you. Why am I not surprised? What evidence, exactly, about this case and this man, did you have before you made your statement?

Old 07-30-2017, 06:33 AM

3,279 posts, read 5,317,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
"You feel sorry for the family but a lot of people had to wait."
Lloyd Barrows, a putz from Alberta.

All lads together eh? Never mind a woman was beaten to death, God forbid passengers on that cruise ship were inconvenienced.

Mrs. Barrows (if there is one), you has my sympathies.
Well I agree with her. I understand that this was a serious issue of course, but my time is MY TIME and especially on a vacation I make no apologies for wanting and in fact EXPECTING things to be convenient. To me convenience is GOD, it is EVERYTHING, and I am sick and tired of things in life disrupting my time (think endless road construction) and me and others being told about "patience" and "it's not all about you" and other such horse manure.

I vacation in a small town of about 450 specifically because it's not Disneyland and crowded with 8094 other people with long lines etc. When I encounter road construction I look for a way out (without running over anybody). I have never taught my 10 year old how to tie her shoes (although somehow she does know how) because we have velcro shoes and you don't need to tie those (and that's what I wear as well for that reason). Convenience matters.

Old 07-30-2017, 08:16 AM

4,902 posts, read 4,215,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shyguylh View Post
Well I agree with her. I understand that this was a serious issue of course, but my time is MY TIME and especially on a vacation I make no apologies for wanting and in fact EXPECTING things to be convenient. To me convenience is GOD, it is EVERYTHING, and I am sick and tired of things in life disrupting my time (think endless road construction) and me and others being told about "patience" and "it's not all about you" and other such horse manure.

I vacation in a small town of about 450 specifically because it's not Disneyland and crowded with 8094 other people with long lines etc. When I encounter road construction I look for a way out (without running over anybody). I have never taught my 10 year old how to tie her shoes (although somehow she does know how) because we have velcro shoes and you don't need to tie those (and that's what I wear as well for that reason). Convenience matters.
If they are extraditing some one from a car or loading an ambulance I have no problem waiting. (Or finding another way) After the true emergency is over Sorry but I want to get through. In my area they will close a road for hours for investigations or clean up. Many of our side roads are semi-rural winding cowpaths and if you don't know where you are going it can get real interesting.

Old 07-30-2017, 08:52 AM

6,039 posts, read 6,053,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shyguylh View Post

Tell the orphaned kids how you feel about having your convenience interrupted.

Wow......

Old 07-30-2017, 03:06 PM

3,279 posts, read 5,317,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elhelmete View Post
Tell the orphaned kids how you feel about having your convenience interrupted.

Wow......
Well of course you're not going to tell them that, but that doesn't mean you're wrong to have that opinion. Moreover of course they're going to feel that way due to their very understandable emotions, but all that means is they're not being objective. It's just like that lake near us where people have drowned, of course their family may be prone to thinking the lake should be closed but that doesn't mean it should be or that other people are wrong to feel otherwise.

Old 07-30-2017, 06:15 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,562,046 times
Quote:
Being an addict doesn't change your inherent personality or propensity for violence. The crime that is associated with the drug epidemic comes from people stealing to get money to pay for the drugs, which clearly would make no sense with this set of facts. The other violence, such as murder, comes from the drug dealers protecting their territory or inventory. There is no evidence to suggest the guy was a drug dealer, although I suppose it is possible. But that would have nothing to do with him killing his wife.

And yes, domestic violence is rampant among the very religious. But I'm not sure whether that is the case here. Anyplace where women are devalued and men are valued leads to this, so I'm not surprised Utah has high numbers of DV. I'm not sure, though, that these people are Mormon -- I saw in one set of comments that they were not. But I have no idea of the veracity of that statement.
Addiction very often does cause violence. An addict's brain absolutely does change. You mentioned theft, for example. Many people who would never steal suddenly do when they 'need a fix'. Their entire wold becomes only about the drug. That would seem to refute your assertion that it doesn't change their inherent personality.

No idea if this man was an addict, it is just one possibility. Substance abuse is always looked for in perps and victims.

Old 07-30-2017, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuck's Dad View Post
From the article:

"You feel sorry for the family but a lot of people had to wait," said Lloyd Barrows, a passenger from Alberta, Canada.

Lloyd Barrows, you are a class A jackass and thoughtless moron!
Lordy! That poor man. So sorry he was inconvenienced by the murder! Some people..........

Old 07-30-2017, 06:19 PM

Quote:
It fits the pattern. Again, you don't just wake up one day and decide to kill your spouse. This must have been going on for years. There are so many abusive men out there, it is sickening. Many women suffer in silence for years. This man beat her to death. You don't just kill someone with your first beating. The guy is obviously a POS.

I don't know why you think that someone who is a high school sweetheart cannot be an abuser. It happens all the time. And that fact can make it even harder for the abused person to leave, because this person is all they've known -- they've been together for "forever" - it would be even more difficult to imagine life without the person. Even though they'll probably kill you one day.
Right. Unless there was a psychiatric break or something. It won't be good for big pharma if he did just snap out of nowhere due to an anti-depressant or something. I love the warning labels on those. 'Suicidal or Homicidal thoughts may increase.'. Well, great!

Old 07-30-2017, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
Fund has been set up for the daughters and IIRC to pay for funeral/memorial.

Moderator cut: deleted link

Slain southern Utah woman was 'devoted mother, daughter, sister and friend,' family says | The Salt Lake Tribune

Family of slain Santa Clara woman return to Utah=

For those who haven't had to go through the thing recently funeral/burial costs aren't cheap these days. Keep in mind the family must also (likely) pay to have KM's remains brought back to Utah from Alaska.

The other and most important thing is those girls. They have lost a mother, and are essentially now orphans since the father will likely be out of the picture for days if not years to come. Something and or someone must answer for their futures.
Yes! Poor, innocent girls. I have a friend whose father killed their mother. He lost both parents. It ruined him for life. I hope these girls fare better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events