Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2017, 07:51 PM

10,196 posts, read 9,882,691 times

Advertisements

I have only been on one cruise...but I found people to be very narcissistic... "this is MY cruise". Maybe even people who would have been kind in other areas of their lives. Something about cruises...

They also treat you like cattle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2017, 07:54 PM

7,709 posts, read 5,452,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bg7 View Post
Don't judge a book by its cover.. but half the pics show the guy looks like a narcissistic pr&*ck.

And after actually ending his wife's life he has the self-centeredness to say "my life is over."

What a...
...wait a sec....was this in a TWEET?

Seriously, though, he didn't even mention his children's lives, just his life?

Old 07-30-2017, 08:31 PM

31,904 posts, read 26,961,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFBayBoomer View Post
...wait a sec....was this in a TWEET?

Seriously, though, he didn't even mention his children's lives, just his life?

Am going with that the crime was one of passion/done in the heat of a moment. Once the guy came down off that high reality set in; yes his life is *OVER*. If not literally (death penalty), surely as he knew it as there will be a trial and likely incarceration for decades.

Look at it this way; the Mr. M. left home on a holiday cruise to celebrate his anniversary with family. He shall never likely return to Utah much less his home. His children likely may never forgive him for killing their mother, his standing in the community and so forth is gone.... So yes, his life is *OVER*.

When you do something this bad, it is probably normal to think of oneself first; after all you are the one who will be dealing with the immediate consequences.

Old 07-30-2017, 08:53 PM

7,709 posts, read 5,452,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
When you do something this bad, it is probably normal to think of oneself first; after all you are the one who will be dealing with the immediate consequences.
Really? Not "Oh my poor children! What will happen to them?"

Old 07-30-2017, 09:46 PM

102,203 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFlyingBird View Post
I have only been on one cruise...but I found people to be very narcissistic... "this is MY cruise". Maybe even people who would have been kind in other areas of their lives. Something about cruises...

They also treat you like cattle.
The big ones definitely are cattle cars, but you get what you pay for; due to the volume of customers, they're able to offer their cruises more cheaply than the small cruise ships. IMO the small ones give you a better quality experience, though.

Old 07-30-2017, 10:04 PM

28,091 posts, read 29,952,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Do we know that the couple, or the man, is Mormon, though? I agree in general, that there's probably a backstory to this. Maybe they didn't get along as well as their smiling family photos suggest. Those poor girls!
Oh, he's got to be a Mormon. Otherwise, the story wouldn't be anywhere near as newsworthy.

Old 07-30-2017, 10:17 PM

3,211 posts, read 2,242,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Geek View Post
After he murdered her her tried to jump overboard and was mumbling "My life is over."

Ya think? Enjoy prison and possibly death row.
Yeah you just kind of want to say, just jump *****.

Old 07-30-2017, 10:21 PM

35 posts, read 28,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonimuso View Post
Like many of the others in this thread, I will speculate. This may have been a case where a person being abused during the marriage finally fights back and kills the abuser.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
In view of the fact that she was clearly the main earner in the family and had her act together, while he was trying to cobble together a decent income from juggling a couple of sales gigs or some such, it's entirely possible that she might rub his face in it, from time to time, and the laughing scenario might have been the final straw. We have NO IDEA! So there's not much point in speculating.

Men are abused by women too, but it mostly goes unreported because women abusing men isn't taken as seriously by the public at large.

One of the daughters of the Manzanares said that she knew one day her father would do this so clearly there is a backstory of fighting and abuse, but we just do know at the moment who was abusing who. But for some reason everyone considers Kenneth Manzanares the abuser.

As far as Kristy being the main earner and "had her act together" how do you know this? I worked in real estate and anyone can get into real estate and just because someone is a real estate agent that doesn't mean they're making any money or that they're successful. Real estate agents make money off commission so they can go months without getting paid and it's not a stable/reliable career until you put years into it.

That being said, if Kristy was indeed the breadwinner, why the attack on Kenneth Manzanares for having a less then prestigious career path? When men are the breadwinners they typically share and don't talk about it but when women are the breadwinners they often resent being in that position and become abusive.

Old 07-30-2017, 10:57 PM

102,203 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance001 View Post
Men are abused by women too, but it mostly goes unreported because women abusing men isn't taken as seriously by the public at large.

One of the daughters of the Manzanares said that she knew one day her father would do this so clearly there is a backstory of fighting and abuse, but we just do know at the moment who was abusing who. But for some reason everyone considers Kenneth Manzanares the abuser.

As far as Kristy being the main earner and "had her act together" how do you know this? I worked in real estate and anyone can get into real estate and just because someone is a real estate agent that doesn't mean they're making any money or that they're successful. Real estate agents make money off commission so they can go months without getting paid and it's not a stable/reliable career until you put years into it.

That being said, if Kristy was indeed the breadwinner, why the attack on Kenneth Manzanares for having a less then prestigious career path? When men are the breadwinners they typically share and don't talk about it but when women are the breadwinners they often resent being in that position and become abusive.
I wasn't saying she would have been justified in putting him down, but it's the laughing scenario (which was also don't really know anything about) that made me think she might have had a mean side to her. True, we don't know how successful she was at her real estate job, but I think I read somewhere that she was gregarious and saw RE as a good field to apply her people skills to.

The fact that they paid for 5 cruise tickets must mean someone in the family had money, unless their parents pitched in for an anniversary gift.

Where did you see that one of the daughters said she knew one day her dad would do this? Do you have a link to a follow-up article? Or did it say that in one of the articles on the day of the incident? All I remember is that one daughter was distraught, and was saying "where's my mom? I want to see my mom", and one came running out into the hall saying her parents had just had a fight.

Old 07-30-2017, 11:30 PM

31,904 posts, read 26,961,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFBayBoomer View Post
Really? Not "Oh my poor children! What will happen to them?"

Do you really think Mr. M was thinking of his children when he whacked their mother to death?

If this were some elaborate pre-mediated killing, ok; then you would have something there, but otherwise stick to my original comments.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events