Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2017, 03:36 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,587,643 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor'Eastah View Post
While I agree with the overall sentiments of everyone here, you may wish to put a bit more thought into the concepts of privacy, tracking, and scanning.

How many of you here have a smart phone? That does have GPS, and even if you disable it, it can be remotely turned on. It's never really off. It also has a camera (usually two) and a microphone. Yet many people I know can't be without their phones. Bring them into their bedrooms at night. Have sex or intimate conversations with the stupid phone right next to them. These things can be and are used to track people, for advertising if nothing else.

Do you have one of those Amazon Echo things? ("Alexa, reorder coffee! "). Those things record and transmit everything said in your household. Law Enforcement now coniders them evidence. Have a TV that responds to voice commands? Same deal. You even have to be careful what your CAR is recording! Have car wifi? Yikes!

Those little chips implanted in your hand are quite tame in comparison to your electronics. I just scratch my head... people who are horrified at the idea of a chip, will gladly traipse around all over tarnation with a smart phone, being tracked, listened to, photographed -- and consider themselves to be free of being "tracked"! You go figure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucifer View Post
I'm sure you have tracking on your cell phone turned off and don't let FaceBook, Google, Apple, or any other website put cookies on your computer.

What are the last four digits of your SS card? Do you refuse giving that out for medical services?

Just surprised that no one made the animal microchip comment yet.

I have a smart phone, but I don't treat it as an extension of my person. I don't carry it from room to room, and can choose to leave it at home if I want to (and I often do). No Echo, no car with wifi, and my TV is just a TV. My microwave doesn't have a camera in it, either. :P
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2017, 03:46 AM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,630,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azoria View Post
RIVER FALLS, Wis. (WBAY) - A Wisconsin company is holding a party Tuesday to implant employees with microchips.

Tue 12:13 PM, Aug 01, 2017

Three Square Market has received international attention since it announced the voluntary microchip program, believed to be the first of its kind in the United States.

The microchip program is voluntary. If willing, employees allow the company to implant a Radio-Frequency Identification chip between the thumb and forefinger.

The RFID chip will open doors, log in to computers, and make purchases from vending machines. The technology is similar to mobile pay services like Apple Pay and Google Wallet.

Read the rest: Wisconsin company holds party to implant microchips
This needs to stop before it gets started. Should be illegal. Sounds like slaves instead of workers. Companies shouldn't own you just so you can make a living. Congress help us out here! I consider any company that asks someone to even volunteer to do this as having bad management. That is wrong!

Old 08-03-2017, 08:01 AM

16,548 posts, read 19,698,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyewackette View Post
If this become a thing, pedophiles and kidnappers will just dig the thing out. No. You will not "be able to find" a missing child unless they've just wandered off.
Not even if they "wander off". It's an RFID which has a range of a few feet...not a GPS...

Old 08-03-2017, 08:22 AM

135 posts, read 94,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
Not even if they "wander off". It's an RFID which has a range of a few feet...not a GPS...
For now.
Pet owners (the first users of the product) want tracking abilities in the microchip and I think that is good for dogs and cats. Not sure we should do this in humans once we can do so to our pets.

Old 08-03-2017, 01:24 PM

14,784 posts, read 24,086,869 times
There is no way on earth would I ever do this and it is also fore told in the bible as a sign of the end times . I will not be chipped , fried , dyed , laid to the side what have you so someone like big brother government can keep tabs on me . Never have , never will ....

Old 08-03-2017, 05:54 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,120,116 times
If I was the company's risk management person, I would have thrown a fit about this. Imagine the liability risks if someone gets an infection from this invasive procedure. By doing this, they have introduced themselves to the risks that healthcare faces, including privacy laws in addition to malpractice.

This is a very bad idea, all around.

Old 08-03-2017, 09:35 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,537,436 times
F that. You try to chip me i will desecrate your corpse.

Old 08-04-2017, 11:40 AM

1,863 posts, read 1,653,765 times
If there is some way to connect any type of even more invasive "chipping" to perceived social-media "opportunities", a large part of the general populace will pay for the "privilege" to do it. Look at how much personal information people are willing to divulge or put at risk so they can blather with others about this or that or play some game or post ..on... some.... forum.... wait a minute...!

Old 08-04-2017, 12:11 PM

31,340 posts, read 14,265,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azoria View Post
RIVER FALLS, Wis. (WBAY) - A Wisconsin company is holding a party Tuesday to implant employees with microchips.

Tue 12:13 PM, Aug 01, 2017

Three Square Market has received international attention since it announced the voluntary microchip program, believed to be the first of its kind in the United States.

The microchip program is voluntary. If willing, employees allow the company to implant a Radio-Frequency Identification chip between the thumb and forefinger.

The RFID chip will open doors, log in to computers, and make purchases from vending machines. The technology is similar to mobile pay services like Apple Pay and Google Wallet.

Read the rest: Wisconsin company holds party to implant microchips
FOOLS
Every single one of them.

Old 08-05-2017, 07:33 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,161,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanker-yanker View Post
For now.
Pet owners (the first users of the product) want tracking abilities in the microchip and I think that is good for dogs and cats. Not sure we should do this in humans once we can do so to our pets.
The government could use doctors to implant us without knowing.. we don't know what they will do..

Our government gave syphilis to blacks, fed radioactive food to special needs people.. I don't trust them at all.

This is a very sick world.. they experimented on Americans without their consent or knowledge.
'

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unethi..._United_States
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events