Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2017, 03:13 PM

15,479 posts, read 15,621,161 times

Advertisements

Can't say I feel bad for her. She knew what she was doing. You reap what you sow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2017, 05:40 PM

810 posts, read 667,363 times
a lot of excuses being puffed around on her behalf. "she was just young". "she was brainwashed". "maybe she had a bad home life" bla bla there's GOT to be a minimum of accountability. It was rumored she was a sniper. What if this was true?

Old 08-10-2017, 06:16 PM

783 posts, read 576,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
This is nonsense. Those girls were traumatized from the moment they were handed off to ISIS soldiers as "comfort women". They're in their mid-teens, and some have already had to give birth in heaven knows what miserable conditions (certainly not in a hospital, most likely), and be treated like servants the entire time. They knew rescue attempts were being made on their behalf, not long after they'd first arrived, but ISIS was uncooperative.

These poor girls are going to need a lot of help and care after they get back home.
Well, you know what they say, play stupid games, get stupid prizes. I understand you feel very badly for this girl, but seeing as how she left the relative safety and comfort of her home and country to VOLUNTARILY join up with ISIS, I'm not going to be shedding a single tear for her.

But if the Germans don't want to be wary of someone who joined up with ISIS returning to their country, go for it. No skin off my nose.

Old 08-10-2017, 06:52 PM

209 posts, read 417,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
Between the avocado toast and joining terrorist organizations, I am really starting to wonder where we went wrong raising these kids!
Hey now, avocado toast is pretty good - don't knock it! But this girl, well actions have consequences. Sucks to be her.

Old 08-10-2017, 09:51 PM

4,901 posts, read 2,056,126 times
I know it's not very P/C, but at the minimum, she deserves several years in an Iraqi prison... Unless they discover proof that she was an active combatant or even served in a combat support role, I think execution should be off the table... BUT!! If there is proof she was involved in any type of combat action and in any para-military support role for ISIS, she should be put to death by the Iraqi authorities.

A legal side note; ISIS, their members and supporters are not covered by the Geneva Convention or any other international agreements governing the laws of land warfare. Basically, they're at the mercy of their captors. And if they're lucky, they will have a hearing in the military justice system of their captors, which is often more harsh than their own civilian legal system. Sorry, this isn't a test for any of the developed countries to attempt to force our western values on other countries who view things differently... If she was worried about the harsher penalties in the Middle East, she should have stayed home.

To be honest, I don't know why that the Iraqi Army and security forces are taking any ISIS prisoners since ISIS didn't show any mercy on Iraqi military and security forces prisoners AND many civilians they also captured. I don't care how anybody tries to spin this, but ISIS members are not a recognized military force or a legal militia. They basically fall into the category of "Unlawful/Illegal Combatants" and are are screwed... For good reasons.

I don't buy the BS line that she was only a child or she has already been traumatized enough... Again, that's pure BS. She freely joined ISIS and freely became part of their conspiracy to murder and yes, religious/ethnic genocide. Sorry, I only feel sorry for the real victims of ISIS, not this female, who is only the victim of her own stupidity.

At the age of 16, I knew the difference between right and wrong and one week after my 17th birthday, I joined the Army AND was legally responsible for all my actions. So giving her a pass and not holding her responsible, is simply another failed attempt of select group(s) in our western society to excuse individual responsiblity for whatever made-up reason since nothing is really anybody's fault anymore. And we, as a group, wonder why most of our youth has failed to take responsibility for their own actions and/or move forward in a productive adult life.

As for all the bleeding hearts out there, don't worry, Germany will give Iraq some "special foreign aid" in exchange for this idiot. On her return back to Germany, she will become a leader within the Green Party, a Muslim activist, write a book on her "struggles" and support every radical ideal that comes her way. Basically, be a pain in the back-side to the German people and the German nation. I just hope that the United States put her on the No-Fly list to the U.S. for the rest of her life.

Old 08-10-2017, 10:59 PM

32,932 posts, read 36,351,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by headingtoDenver View Post
There is a huge level of difference between a dumb kid sneaking out at night, doing something stupid and having the cops drive you home compared to sneaking off to a foreign country to join ISIS.
It's still stupid. Depends on how much money you can get your hands on. With more money, you can be more stupid. I couldn't afford a flight anywhere when I was 16. If I could have, I might have been stupid all over the world. Probably europe.

Old 08-11-2017, 04:04 AM

16,278 posts, read 10,411,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bergun View Post
I know it's not very P/C, but at the minimum, she deserves several years in an Iraqi prison... Unless they discover proof that she was an active combatant or even served in a combat support role, I think execution should be off the table... BUT!! If there is proof she was involved in any type of combat action and in any para-military support role for ISIS, she should be put to death by the Iraqi authorities.

A legal side note; ISIS, their members and supporters are not covered by the Geneva Convention or any other international agreements governing the laws of land warfare. Basically, they're at the mercy of their captors. And if they're lucky, they will have a hearing in the military justice system of their captors, which is often more harsh than their own civilian legal system. Sorry, this isn't a test for any of the developed countries to attempt to force our western values on other countries who view things differently... If she was worried about the harsher penalties in the Middle East, she should have stayed home.

To be honest, I don't know why that the Iraqi Army and security forces are taking any ISIS prisoners since ISIS didn't show any mercy on Iraqi military and security forces prisoners AND many civilians they also captured. I don't care how anybody tries to spin this, but ISIS members are not a recognized military force or a legal militia. They basically fall into the category of "Unlawful/Illegal Combatants" and are are screwed... For good reasons.

I don't buy the BS line that she was only a child or she has already been traumatized enough... Again, that's pure BS. She freely joined ISIS and freely became part of their conspiracy to murder and yes, religious/ethnic genocide. Sorry, I only feel sorry for the real victims of ISIS, not this female, who is only the victim of her own stupidity.

At the age of 16, I knew the difference between right and wrong and one week after my 17th birthday, I joined the Army AND was legally responsible for all my actions. So giving her a pass and not holding her responsible, is simply another failed attempt of select group(s) in our western society to excuse individual responsiblity for whatever made-up reason since nothing is really anybody's fault anymore. And we, as a group, wonder why most of our youth has failed to take responsibility for their own actions and/or move forward in a productive adult life.

As for all the bleeding hearts out there, don't worry, Germany will give Iraq some "special foreign aid" in exchange for this idiot. On her return back to Germany, she will become a leader within the Green Party, a Muslim activist, write a book on her "struggles" and support every radical ideal that comes her way. Basically, be a pain in the back-side to the German people and the German nation. I just hope that the United States put her on the No-Fly list to the U.S. for the rest of her life.

Nobody is suggesting they "give her a pass and not hold her responsible". It's just the opinion of some that the death penalty for a 16 year old seems a bit harsh. There is a reason the laws punish juveniles differently than adults for the same crime, a 16 year old simply does not have the same reasoning as an adult. But I do agree that she knew exactly what she was doing when she joined ISIS and yes she needs to pay the price for that decision. I just don't believe that penalty should be death.

I would really like to learn more about their recruitment techniques as it's obviously very effective. To me the entire problem starts there, it would be very important if we could somehow flag and shut down those web sites but I understand that's probably impossible.

Old 08-11-2017, 07:21 AM

14,785 posts, read 24,083,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Look at what happened to the Manson family. Same idea.

Amen and amen ^^^^to this

Old 08-11-2017, 08:02 AM

11,974 posts, read 25,473,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tailsock View Post
a lot of excuses being puffed around on her behalf. "she was just young". "she was brainwashed". "maybe she had a bad home life" bla bla there's GOT to be a minimum of accountability. It was rumored she was a sniper. What if this was true?
You could say the same about 14 school shooters who will never see the light of day again. Some crimes are so bad even a young person committing them will have lifelong consequences.

Old 08-11-2017, 08:38 AM

1,638 posts, read 3,831,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzie1213 View Post
Sixteen year old girls are incredibly stupid and naive and gullible . She probably had some preexisting mental issues plus a poor home life. Not to make excuses but just saying. She sounds like she was totally brainwashed. She needs serious deprogramming and lots of jail time. Execution sounds too harsh for what is basically a child.
I agree. As a mom to a 16 year old, I get it. Teenagers are stupid. There is a reason humans aren't considered adults until they're 18. I also believe in this case, mostly likely, there are mental health issues at play. She's a child who is probably mentally ill, was groomed by an adult online. She deserves some compassion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events