Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2017, 04:10 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,176,191 times

Advertisements

45 years ago she'd be one of the Manson girls.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2017, 11:32 PM

783 posts, read 576,466 times
She's probably just playing sorry for the camera. When she goes back home, she'll might just become a suicide bomber. They need to watch her closely and never let her out from under their radar.

Old 08-10-2017, 09:34 AM

102,203 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonimuso View Post
She's probably just playing sorry for the camera. When she goes back home, she'll might just become a suicide bomber. They need to watch her closely and never let her out from under their radar.
This is nonsense. Those girls were traumatized from the moment they were handed off to ISIS soldiers as "comfort women". They're in their mid-teens, and some have already had to give birth in heaven knows what miserable conditions (certainly not in a hospital, most likely), and be treated like servants the entire time. They knew rescue attempts were being made on their behalf, not long after they'd first arrived, but ISIS was uncooperative.

These poor girls are going to need a lot of help and care after they get back home.

Old 08-10-2017, 11:51 AM

8,452 posts, read 4,750,199 times
Do the same to her that they did to the French women who slept with the Nazis. Shave her head in the public square and have her do a walk of shame down main street. Get it on video and put it up on youtube in such a way that it will be the first thing to come up on google whenever someone searches her name for the rest of her life.

This is assuming all she did was sleep with the enemy. If she took part in the fighting let her meet a soldier's fate.

Old 08-10-2017, 12:01 PM

29,513 posts, read 22,641,616 times
Execution?

Old 08-10-2017, 12:23 PM

20,758 posts, read 19,964,416 times
that poor baby boy of hers has no future either. Sad.

I think she learned her lesson, I don't think she'll go out and turn into a suicide fighter. I hope this story will be a warning to other dumb kids all over the world.

Old 08-10-2017, 12:50 PM

9,127 posts, read 9,367,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
As if she knew that's what would happen.

I remember these cases, that came up in the German and international media a year or two ago. The girls got filled full of crazy ideas by websites operated by ISIS, and of course, the web hosts took advantage of their naivete. The sites probably were not obvious, as being run by ISIS. Probably told them they'd be living a spiritual life, blah blah. Girls (and boys) in the early teen years can go through a phase of spiritual searching and experimenting. So several girls ran away, and after that, German authorities kept a lookout for other young people buying plane or train tickets for Turkey, and stopped a few. Later, there were reports that the girls had been forced to "marry" ISIS soldiers, much to their own horror.

This is not a laughing matter, nor worthy of sarcasm. These were kids who were naive, and screwed up majorly, buying into a calculated online propaganda campaign. This is why people say teens need a lot of guidance and supervision; because their brains aren't mature yet.
Do young people today not pay attention to anything besides social media and the internet? You have to be from another planet not to have at least heard of some of the nasty stuff Isis has done. Perhaps she can serve as an example to other young people not to believe everything you see on the net , if they pay attention, that is.
I agree that a death sentence for this girl is a bit much, but despite her age, she made some very stupid & bad decisions. There should be consequences for those actions.

Old 08-10-2017, 01:11 PM

32,931 posts, read 36,341,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Sol View Post
I knew right from wrong when I was 16. Deciding to become a terrorist for ISIS is like deciding to become a mass murderer. She deserves whatever she gets.
No, she doesn't. She's a late bloomer. She would have figured it out by the time she was 25. Now she's getting the crash course.

You send them to school, help with homework, drive them to practice for whatever, provide a wholesome dinner, visit museums, read to them when they're little, camp and teach them how to survive in the wilderness, take them on nice vacations. They still do stupid ****.

You did what? So that's why the county Sheriff's Department called me. Great. Thanks.

Sometimes you can't fix stupid. Sometimes people become older and wiser.

Old 08-10-2017, 02:17 PM

9,127 posts, read 9,367,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
No, she doesn't. She's a late bloomer. She would have figured it out by the time she was 25. Now she's getting the crash course.

You send them to school, help with homework, drive them to practice for whatever, provide a wholesome dinner, visit museums, read to them when they're little, camp and teach them how to survive in the wilderness, take them on nice vacations. They still do stupid ****.

You did what? So that's why the county Sheriff's Department called me. Great. Thanks.

Only if they survive their stupidity.

Old 08-10-2017, 02:57 PM

5,444 posts, read 6,991,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post

There is a huge level of difference between a dumb kid sneaking out at night, doing something stupid and having the cops drive you home compared to sneaking off to a foreign country to join ISIS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events